ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Also, review this charging curve - you only get that full speed for the first 25%, there are several points where it ramps down (and after 80% ramps down pretty severely.)

https://insideevs.com/news/427335/porsche-taycan-dc-charging-test/
That is a rather dated charging curve. Porsche has updated the Charging profile to maintain 250+ kilowatts up to at least 43% and Kyle Connor has reported it to go up to 50% at times. I have seen it at over 40% myself.
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You will frustrate yourself doing this. I agree with Dave's lengthy post; there are many variables and there is almost certainly nothing that needs fixing.

If you want to confirm your car is performing as advertised with regard to charging speed, I get it - I did this too when I got the car.

Here is my recommendation:
  • Find a nearby EA station rated well on PlugShare
  • Add it as a GPS destination so the car will prewarm the battery
  • Arrive with < 10% charge (ideally 5%)
  • Ensure "Optimized charging" is NOT checked
  • Plug into one of the 350kW pumps
You will see ~265kW or so at the start of the charge, and you will see it taper off over time.
I would add just a few more things to watch for to get the optimal speed:
  • Be sure to add battery temperature to your third console display tube and verify it is between 90 and 96°F on arrival.
  • In order to get this you cannot choose a station that is too close to when you start routing as the car does need some time to change the battery temperature as it is a significant thermal mass. The drive should be at least 30 minutes to the charger with the 350kw charger chosen in the vehicles navigation.
  • Note: this does not work if you are using a CarPlay app like Google Maps or Waze.