flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Facepalm... because if you want help you have to first help us understand the details of the problem. We can't give useful help without useful data to define the problem. If I (or anyone) asks specific questions in response to a call for help, it's because we need specific answers. We want to help, but we don't read minds. We can't see your phone, your computer, or your car. We don't have video cameras recording what you've been doing for the past hour or day.

If you call a support line for help and all you tell them is "My thing isn't working" then they can't help you. WE can't help you. So we ask questions to help narrow down the problem.

You said "in my area". I had to go to your profile to see where you were located. It's more helpful to say "Of the five EA locations in Virginia, only two were Green in the EA App. I didn't look in the ChargeAmerica App. I didn't try charging there, I was just looking at the EA App." Then we can start with that information.

So, I looked at the EA app. It said that you had two available Stations in Virgina, and 3 that were gray (indicating "Coming Soon"). So I was confused about what you were seeing. We needed to be on the same page. So I asked. Twice. Then I facepalmed.
Facepalm... because if you want help you have to first help us understand the details of the problem. We can't give useful help without useful data to define the problem. If I (or anyone) asks specific questions in response to a call for help, it's because we need specific answers. We want to help, but we don't read minds. We can't see your phone, your computer, or your car. We don't have video cameras recording what you've been doing for the past hour or day.

If you call a support line for help and all you tell them is "My thing isn't working" then they can't help you. WE can't help you. So we ask questions to help narrow down the problem.

You said "in my area". I had to go to your profile to see where you were located. It's more helpful to say "Of the five EA locations in Virginia, only two were Green in the EA App. I didn't look in the ChargeAmerica App. I didn't try charging there, I was just looking at the EA App." Then we can start with that information.

So, I looked at the EA app. It said that you had two available Stations in Virgina, and 3 that were gray (indicating "Coming Soon"). So I was confused about what you were seeing. We needed to be on the same page. So I asked. Twice. Then I facepalmed.
I was not asking for help as much I was commenting about EA chargers perhaps being on the fritz. Perhaps what I should have said was ‘is anyone seeing the same thing?’ And no you can’t read minds, neither can I. You therefore did not know that I didn’t know there were multiple apps to potentially look at for EA information. So then the beginning of your post, face plant, and the end of your post implying that perhaps I was ranting, became a little offensive to me. If you reread the original post, there was no rant whatsoever in it. And a friendly post went to sh** rapidly.

In any event, I am through talking about it. Let’s move on to something productive.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you for the helpful response. Sounds like the PlugShare app is the way to go, and EA’s app is about as reliable as are EA’s chargers.
Have you ever attempted to use an EA charger? I ask because you mention not having your car yet. I'm not sure if you have another EV that you've used.

Can you tell us exactly how you saw the chargers as unavailable? Since your post I've checked a few times and shown a nice network of 350 kw chargers in VA. I don't use the EA app but I also checked the web version and it looked good to me.

I'm also curious from people mentioning rolling outages. Are we talking every charger at a location, all 350 kw chargers, some chargers, etc..? There's a big difference between "some chargers were under maintenance but I could still charge here" and "the location was completely unusable".

The best plan currently is to expect a 150 kw charger and be happy if you get a 350. But I'm still 7/7 on EA 350 kw chargers working without ever looking at their app.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Have you ever attempted to use an EA charger? I ask because you mention not having your car yet. I'm not sure if you have another EV that you've used.

Can you tell us exactly how you saw the chargers as unavailable? Since your post I've checked a few times and shown a nice network of 350 kw chargers in VA. I don't use the EA app but I also checked the web version and it looked good to me.

I'm also curious from people mentioning rolling outages. Are we talking every charger at a location, all 350 kw chargers, some chargers, etc..? There's a big difference between "some chargers were under maintenance but I could still charge here" and "the location was completely unusable".

The best plan currently is to expect a 150 kw charger and be happy if you get a 350. But I'm still 7/7 on EA 350 kw chargers working without ever looking at their app.
PF, I have been using the EA app. I have used EA chargers a few times with my MS, using a chademo adapter. Despite EA’s site showing chargers as available, many times when I arrive they are not working. I have never had an EA experience that did not require a phone call to EA tech support. They have always been helpful and except for one instance, have gotten the charger working.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I was not asking for help as much I was commenting about EA chargers perhaps being on the fritz. Perhaps what I should have said was ‘is anyone seeing the same thing?’ And no you can’t read minds, neither can I. You therefore did not know that I didn’t know there were multiple apps to potentially look at for EA information. So then the beginning of your post, face plant, and the end of your post implying that perhaps I was ranting, became a little offensive to me. If you reread the original post, there was no rant whatsoever in it. And a friendly post went to sh** rapidly.

In any event, I am through talking about it. Let’s move on to something productive.
All Don asked for was the SOURCE of your information. In order to address your concerns, we need to know the source of your frustration. He clearly asked for that and did not get the requested info. It was a simple question. Help US help YOU...
Sponsored