Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Went to charge at EA headquarters yesterday and ALL chargers were broken. Called in and they tried both 350kw (both ports 1&2) on chargers 1&2. Then did the charger shuffle to the 150kw and of course it didn’t work either. So frustrated that I went to their building to rant, guess what? Not a single person besides the guard was in the building. Don’t know what you guys are experiencing but thinking VW is doomed, I have yet to have a pleasant or successful charging experience except for at home.

To top it off on the way home got the warning electrical failure warning. Car is awesome, utilization sucks.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this kinda says it all - doesn’t it - the EA network is a joke, and the Taycan does not in fact have a fast charging network that’s faster than Tesla’s - cause the only faster network is EA - and their reliability is quite awful.

good luck road tripping in a Taycan with any certainty you can charge while away from home in North America - there are plenty of reliable 50 kW chargers, but that’s not that fast.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
this kinda says it all - doesn’t it - the EA network is a joke, and the Taycan does not in fact have a fast charging network that’s faster than Tesla’s - cause the only faster network is EA - and their reliability is quite awful.

good luck road tripping in a Taycan with any certainty you can charge while away from home in North America - there are plenty of reliable 50 kW chargers, but that’s not that fast.
The only good news right now is that I saw an interview with the CEO of EVGo where she said they were planning on deploying 350kW chargers as a part of their expansion. Competition on this front would be most welcome.

OP
OP

Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sent a LinkedIn message to EA President and he got back to me very quickly. Said he would look into the issue (and others I have had)... That was good customer service, kudos to EA on that front.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sent a LinkedIn message to EA President and he got back to me very quickly. Said he would look into the issue (and others I have had)... That was good customer service, kudos to EA on that front.
That's great that he got back to you so quickly. Despite having a non-performing and unreliable product, their customer service has been impressive in my limited experience with them. The several times that I have had issues at an EA station, every customer service person I dealt with was extremely helpful, understood the product and was willing to do everything they could to help. So at least they are hiring good people to support the product - hopefully they will want to stay at their jobs knowing the product is going through a lot of startup and growing pains.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
great customer service but a broken product is going to get old - so far all CS has been super nice, but have NEVER actually solved the problem of allowing me to charge the car.

Great customer service while you are waiting to flatbed your $180,000 EV because EA's chargers are normally broken is the minimal standard - I'd prefer to never speak to a customer service representative.

I have _NO_ idea how nice/mean/grumpy Tesla's supercharger customer service is - because I've never had to speak to them to start a charging session…

to date out of 11 attempts - I've spoken to EA 10 times, 10 times it did not yield a functional charger, and only once have I successfully charged at an EA charger.

Let's not lose focus here people - the goal is to never have to speak to EA CS reps.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
EA is, like most companies, “working from home.” They have been since March 13 (the day I was supposed to get a tour of their facilities). Seems there was some National Emergency declared. So I drove home. It was a 1000+ mile day... 6 of 7 charges were from EA.

Apparently I used up all the Reliable Electrons. Sorry. My bad.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
EA is, like most companies, “working from home.” They have been since March 13 (the day I was supposed to get a tour of their facilities). Seems there was some National Emergency declared. So I drove home. It was a 1000+ mile day... 6 of 7 charges were from EA.

Apparently I used up all the Reliable Electrons. Sorry. My bad.
Dunno, there was a little left for me. I'm 8/8 (all different locations) on EA chargers working just fine so far. Charging NA app, no, but EA chargers have been good to go for me.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think have 5 EA tries - 2 went fine, 1 totally unsuccessful and the other 2 the CS rep was able to get the station reset so that I could charge. So certainly mixed experiences. Definitely not any excuse for a non-performing network and they have their work cut out for them, no doubt.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not a single person besides the guard was in the building.
I live less than a mile from EA headquarters so I was anticipating that, by virtue of their own employees needing to use those chargers, that they would have the highest up time in their nationwide network of chargers. Wrong!

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You missed a few electrons in California too, Don. I haven’t road tripped yet, but I tried an EA station near home and charged just fine at good speed. 100% on locations so far.

Since Dieselgate didn’t kill VW, I doubt EA growing pains will. Tesla has had a few bumps on its way to benchmark status.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I haven’t been stranded yet at an EA charger. I’ve had about 12 sessions at various locations on the East Coast. On one occasion the 350 kw charger was down so I had to use a 150 kw charger which only added about 10 minutes to my stopover.
Sponsored