Early Arrival at Emden = Early Departure?

Valor911

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X2, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone else hoping to have their vehicle loaded onto Bishu Highway today/tomorrow? My car arrived at port on 5/12 and I’m hoping that the early arrival (originally scheduled for 5/14) is enough to get onto that vessel, which has a load ready date of the 17th or 18th.

I read in another thread somewhere that arriving at least 3 days early, in the poster’s previous experience, has just about always resulted in an earlier departure. Anyone else have similar experiences?
Sponsored

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I hate to burst your bubble, but I had the opposite experience. My car arrived at Emden 4 days earlier than planned, and 3 days before a departure that was direct to my port. Not only did my car not get on that ship, it sat at Emden for a month before departure.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone else hoping to have their vehicle loaded onto Bishu Highway today/tomorrow? My car arrived at port on 5/12 and I’m hoping that the early arrival (originally scheduled for 5/14) is enough to get onto that vessel, which has a load ready date of the 17th or 18th.

I read in another thread somewhere that arriving at least 3 days early, in the poster’s previous experience, has just about always resulted in an earlier departure. Anyone else have similar experiences?
It depends entirely on the shipping schedule and the timing of the next ship into Emden. There's no way to predict with certainty, but my experience has been that if the vehicle arrives in Emden several days before (talking 3-5) the next ship in that will be stopping at your destination port, your car will make it on that ship. The Bishu Highway arrived at Emden on May 16, so will load today and tomorrow. My guess is that it will depart Emden late on the 18th or early 19th and you have a decent chance of making it on. I had a Cayenne delivered recently - it arrived at Emden the day before the ship it went out on. Volumes at the port may be much lower than usual now due to the production slowdowns.

For the 911, TYD will show the name of the vessel your vehicle is getting on as soon as the car is assigned to the ship - often a couple of days before that ship heads out of port. I don't have experience with TYD for the Taycan, but if that is functional just watch that "exit port Emden" milestone.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Maybe I got lucky? My car was built 4/29-5/1 and arrived at Emden on 5/4. Boarded Siem Confucius on 5/6 and left port 5/7. It's coming to SW Florida.

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag

There’s the Tpms issue right now it will get shipped but will be stuck at the USA port until tpms chip get installed.

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
My build started 4/12, finished 4/19, got to Emden 4/20, got on Goodwood 4/24, after Hailifax, Davisville stops it arrived Houston Thursday 5/13. Just before it arrived at Houston TYD Delivery to Dealer date was 6/25. When it arrives in Houston the Dealer delivery date jumped back to this upcoming Friday 5/21. I'm keeping fingers crossed not another glitch in the TYD app and they are prioritizing sold cars for TPMS and delivery will be Friday.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
mine was also at Emden early enough to get on an earlier boat but no luck and went out with a boat around the estimated date.

OP
OP

Valor911

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X2, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Woo! Turns out it is possible. My car was able to get on the Bishu Highway and is currently en route! TYD estimate dropped to 6/04 from 6/25.
Sponsored