Electric bills post acquisition...

KenU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list
Country flag
Just curious to know those who have owned their Taycans for awhile how much higher your electric bills have been compared to when you didn’t have the car? I realize it’s geographic dependent but curious just the same.
Sponsored

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
Just curious to know those who have owned their Taycans for awhile how much higher your electric bills have been compared to when you didn’t have the car? I realize it’s geographic dependent but curious just the same.
My Taycan isn't here yet, but we do have an Audi e-tron with similar battery size so these numbers may be analogous. The e-tron isn't as efficient as the Taycan, but after 12 months of ownership we've put in about 4,100 kWh over 9,000 miles. Probably 97% of our charing is done at home. Our electricity costs are 12 cents per kWh so we've spent $492 over the year or about $41 a month "fueling" it. We live in Minnesota so we probably use more energy than most on average in the winter with an EV. As you mentioned, your monthly costs will vary depending on geography, season, electricity price and if there's a benefit from your utility to charge at different times of day. I share these numbers mainly to offer a long term data point and because I recently ran them out of curiosity when I was comparing what we would spend on electricity with two EVs compared to two gas cars. Well, it turns out you save money, but not enough to pay for these cars! ;)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
dont’ forget you not longer have a gasoline bill for your driving - your electric bill on average will increase by about 1/3 of your former gasoline bill - you’re just shifting the expense - next you’ll start to realize how much sense solar makes to wipe out your home and transportation electrical bill…:rock:

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Or you just charge at work.... if we ever are allowed back. :p

My wife's commute in the Bolt is 80mi/day (to the city and back) and it added about $100/mo to our electricity bill. And that's with rates being like $.24/kWh

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
In the UK we have electricity tariff's which offer lower cost overnight £/KWh specific to EV's and some include memberships to network providers too.