First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hello,

I see that a number of members had the same report as myself, what was the cause according to your dealer and what have they replaced or adjusted to solve the problem. I had this fault twice and stalled on the public road. It is a taycan 4S modelyear 2021. Porsche Netherlands and dealer do not yet have a solution for this problem. Thank you in advance for your input.

Porsche Taycan Electric system fault 1612079819460
Sponsored

OP
OP

ArieL

First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Update; Porsche will change the HV battery, this will be the problem.
Car is at the dealer now for almost 2 weeks and it will be for another week

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did the 12v battery die before this electrical fault came up?

OP
OP

ArieL

First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
No, 12Volt is working fine

UrosE

First Name
Uros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello,
i had same issue ten days ago,Porsche will change HV battery this week. I had this twice before but
car reseted and worked fine for some days. I never had this message during driving it always happened in the morning.

inspirit

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Plus
Country flag
Got similar error today in the morning:
Electrical system fault
Drive system control fault

the only difference in usage was I charged 2 times at ionity charger during 600km trip the day before. I don’t have/use home charger. 12v battery was fine, the car is 4s plus 2021 model.

got the car since November. Turning off/waiting does not clear the error

Porsche Taycan Electric system fault BC22D0BA-B0D8-4ECB-B9BE-DA7F2E9C397B

iltaycan

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hello,

I see that a number of members had the same report as myself, what was the cause according to your dealer and what have they replaced or adjusted to solve the problem. I had this fault twice and stalled on the public road. It is a taycan 4S modelyear 2021. Porsche Netherlands and dealer do not yet have a solution for this problem. Thank you in advance for your input.

1612079819460.png
Sorry to hear that, I have the same issue with my Taycan Turbo. It happened after two weeks of ownership, dealer indicated that the HV battery had to be replaced. So far the car has been at the dealer for about 6 weeks, no ETA of when the battery or the car will be repaired. I am thinking on using the lemon law to get rid of it.

Porsche Taycan Electric system fault 63276119091__8A91F032-BB14-4C98-AED1-F7ECC3A7DDE9

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
I have to say I am getting a little worried, so many posts about problems

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
  • there is a bag
  • in this bag there are white balls in some quantity
  • in this bag there are red balls in some quantity
  • there are more white balls than red balls
  • when you reach into the bag you can “grab” one ball
  • you will get either a white ball or a red ball
  • for the most part most people get white balls and they are happy
  • the people who grab red balls are unhappy and they like to tell people because misery loves company
purchasing any modern device is a game of white ball vs. red ball…

for the most part while it’s frustrating the people who get red balls aren’t out any real hardship - and many choose to reach back into the bag…

I am NOT belittling anyones experice with red balls - it sucks, it’s hard, it is very very frustrating - but it‘s bound to happen and I believe if you take a moment you can get through it - get the company to do the right thing and then decide what to do next with out any real consequence at the end of the day…

if you play the game long enough you will get mostly white balls, but you will also get the occasional red ball

I have gotten the following red balls in my automotive life:
  • Honda Odyssey (our 3rd minivan after 2 very successful ones)
  • BMW 335is - dead transmission after 26 miles - many many factory extended warranty issues deep into it’s life - I can’t believe BMW made any money on these cars given how much free maintainence/repairs they had to provide owners
  • Porsche BoxsterS - new PDK transmission after 2000 miles
  • Tesla Model X - vin #254 off the assembly line - perhaps the reddest ball I’ve ever grabbed
    • the replacement Model X (at my wife’s insistence) has been mostly flawless - very reliable and functional vehicle
  • 911 GT3 blown motor - just up and grenade at the track - free new motor and PDK transmission from Porsche after suggesting to them with less than 4000 miles it wasn’t my fault.
I’ve also had quite a few white balls…majority of white balls - car’s with very very little wrong with them - from all makes, all sizes, all price points.

personally I prefer this game to other games with more consequential results (there are games we all play that have far far far worse possible outcomes) - at the end of the day I‘ll simply request the company buy back the red ball - and I’ll reach right back into a bag and give it another go - sometimes I reach back into the same bag, sometimes I change the bag - but I’m under no delusion about the game being played - all bags in all places have red balls - there is no bag full of just exclusively white balls.

if you believe you’ve been reaching into a bag will only white balls all along - well then I believe you’ve just been unusually lucky - there have alway been red balls in every bag - it’s just mathematically required to be true.

in my opinion if you believe it to be otherwise with any vendor well then you’ve been self medicating and simply not paying attention.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
NOTE: if there are too many red balls and the company knows this - they close the bag to prevent more people from reaching in…but normally the goal is to reopen the bag for people to continuing picking balls...

but there are _ALWAYS_ red balls in the bag…always red balls.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
NOTE: if there are too many red balls and the company knows this - they close the bag to prevent more people from reaching in…but normally the goal is to reopen the bag for people to continuing picking balls...

but there are _ALWAYS_ red balls in the bag…always red balls.
Great opportunity ahead for the first EV manufacturer who will crack to code to combine great aesthetic and mechanical design with user-friendly and vertically integrated stable software with excellent build quality. Piece of cake, no?

iltaycan

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
  • there is a bag
  • in this bag there are white balls in some quantity
  • in this bag there are red balls in some quantity
  • there are more white balls than red balls
  • when you reach into the bag you can “grab” one ball
  • you will get either a white ball or a red ball
  • for the most part most people get white balls and they are happy
  • the people who grab red balls are unhappy and they like to tell people because misery loves company
purchasing any modern device is a game of white ball vs. red ball…

for the most part while it’s frustrating the people who get red balls aren’t out any real hardship - and many choose to reach back into the bag…

I am NOT belittling anyones experice with red balls - it sucks, it’s hard, it is very very frustrating - but it‘s bound to happen and I believe if you take a moment you can get through it - get the company to do the right thing and then decide what to do next with out any real consequence at the end of the day…

if you play the game long enough you will get mostly white balls, but you will also get the occasional red ball

I have gotten the following red balls in my automotive life:
  • Honda Odyssey (our 3rd minivan after 2 very successful ones)
  • BMW 335is - dead transmission after 26 miles - many many factory extended warranty issues deep into it’s life - I can’t believe BMW made any money on these cars given how much free maintainence/repairs they had to provide owners
  • Porsche BoxsterS - new PDK transmission after 2000 miles
  • Tesla Model X - vin #254 off the assembly line - perhaps the reddest ball I’ve ever grabbed
    • the replacement Model X (at my wife’s insistence) has been mostly flawless - very reliable and functional vehicle
  • 911 GT3 blown motor - just up and grenade at the track - free new motor and PDK transmission from Porsche after suggesting to them with less than 4000 miles it wasn’t my fault.
I’ve also had quite a few white balls…majority of white balls - car’s with very very little wrong with them - from all makes, all sizes, all price points.

personally I prefer this game to other games with more consequential results (there are games we all play that have far far far worse possible outcomes) - at the end of the day I‘ll simply request the company buy back the red ball - and I’ll reach right back into a bag and give it another go - sometimes I reach back into the same bag, sometimes I change the bag - but I’m under no delusion about the game being played - all bags in all places have red balls - there is no bag full of just exclusively white balls.

if you believe you’ve been reaching into a bag will only white balls all along - well then I believe you’ve just been unusually lucky - there have alway been red balls in every bag - it’s just mathematically required to be true.

in my opinion if you believe it to be otherwise with any vendor well then you’ve been self medicating and simply not paying attention.
I agree with your comments here and I have purchased around 3/4 cars every three years for the last two decades. As you mention there are white and red balls. I would say there are more like gray and red balls and no white. Every product has issues and I can understand that, no one and nothing is perfect, I am not perfect either. That being said, most companies prepare for failures since they know they will exist; they prepare their supply chain, their technology delivery plan and their dealer network so they can take care of their customers when (not if) issues arise and this way everyone is for the most part happy.
My thoughts are that even if your Taycan main high voltage battery fails, it would not be a big issue if it could be diagnosed and replaced within days or even a week, but 3 weeks to diagnose and 3 months to repair? It's hardly a good response which causes issues, lack of confidence and discomfort. Seems to me based on what I've been reading that this is not the only issue taking so long to repair and spare parts are not available anywhere in the world and fixes take a long time. In my personal experience after owning about 15 cars from different manufacturers such as BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Ford, Cadillac, Hummer, Ferrari and even Porsche I have never experienced this kind of poor level of service as with the Taycan. Every product I have owned had some issues big or small, but every single time diagnosis was within a couple of days and parts were available or made available within days and repairs never took longer than a week at the most three weeks after an engine failure on a 2001 M5 which was an awesome car.
I am not upset, I am just very disappointed with Porsche that the number of red balls seems to be quite high and if you get one you are SOL and now I have to go through the trouble I am going through and wasting my time, reaching out to them without even getting an answer after paying $196K for a car and I have to engage my legal team to get rid of it and I am not even sure if I should get another one now or wait five more years for the tech to be ready.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think the delay of repairs might be connected to this crazy shortage of electrical components. Porsche is already having trouble delivering ordered cars. Then there's the replacement parts for a good amount of already delivered Taycans. It is not a black and white thing. Many grays inbetween. So many different things are coming together at once. I still believe there are thousands and thousands of delivered Taycans that do just fine. Most of happy owners aren't bothering to register in a forum and report how happy they are. But don't get me wrong, I 100% understand the frustration of spending and waiting so much just to get disappointed :(

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I think the delay of repairs might be connected to this crazy shortage of electrical components. Porsche is already having trouble delivering ordered cars. Then there's the replacement parts for a good amount of already delivered Taycans. It is not a black and white thing. Many grays inbetween. So many different things are coming together at once. I still believe there are thousands and thousands of delivered Taycans that do just fine. Most of happy owners aren't bothering to register in a forum and report how happy they are. But don't get me wrong, I 100% understand the frustration of spending and waiting so much just to get disappointed :(
It is probably true that the majority of Taycan users (including me - touch wood) never have experienced serious issues, but it nevertheless feels like this 12V battery issue is a more widespread phenomenon than can be explained by the normal first/second model year gremlins frequency.
Sponsored