alipiyarali

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
it was a red error message. the car was not operable. I just got a call from service manage and apparently my e-box needs to be replaced. For a car barely a week old ! It is a bit distressing to find the issue so soon. I am not sure how long the replacement process will take (apparently 2 weeks) they have to take the battery out to replace ebox.. not supposed to happen on a week old car …. But it did
Sponsored

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
it was a red error message. the car was not operable. I just got a call from service manage and apparently my e-box needs to be replaced. For a car barely a week old ! It is a bit distressing to find the issue so soon. I am not sure how long the replacement process will take (apparently 2 weeks) they have to take the battery out to replace ebox.. not supposed to happen on a week old car …. But it did
Sorry this happened to you. Our e-box failed six weeks after picking up the car. Not sure if you looked it up - it’s the main fuse module that blows to save all the vehicle electronics from a surge by the high voltage battery. Ours was the first CT with the issue so they had the car for far longer than I would have liked while reviewing data and testing the newer version of the module. The repair is quick once the dealer receives the part (less than 48 hours) - they do need a special technician to deal with the high voltage battery, though, which may cause a delay.

Knock on wood, our car has been flawless since it was repaired and hope you see the same once it’s returned to you.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Anything can happen on a week old car in my experience. It's not uncommon to have some kind of a problem with some part. I had a bad wheel bearing on mine right from the factory. I had it replaced after about 3,000 miles. I have also had a bad stereo/nav unit on a Mazda that was only a few weeks old in the past as well.

I'm sure they will fix it and it will be as good as new. However, I would reach out to Porsche PCNA and see what they will do to help you out.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Sad to hear these stories... My 5500 mile '22 TTS in in Bellevue now as well, waiting to be diagnosed. The car refuses to charge anywhere (ac/dc/either side) but otherwise drives fine. I''ve fingers crossed they'd be able to get it back to me by the end of the month.

I honestly am thinking about buying a second car as a spare. I don't think the taycan is ready to be a primary vehicle... I had my 911 TT before this for 7yrs and have never been left stranded. The taycan is definitely giving me anxiety but damn when it works i love it to bits

alipiyarali

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the candid insight from all. Will post an update at the conclusion or as the service proceeds. I have lodged a complaint with PCNA let’s see what happens

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
After replying on different threads about not having any problems with my car - Wham, I get hit with "Electrical System Error. Service necessary".

Story: I drove to my cousin's house in Mississippi one weekend. On the way back hame, I was charging at an EA station in Douglasville, GA when that error message popped up and the car shut down. I was calm at first. I totally shut the car down and restarted it. Message still there and it would only go into neutral. Now I'm starting to freak out. Freaking out because 1) I'm 142 miles from home; 2) it's 1 am and I'm in some strip mall parking lot with no security around; and 3) I'm by myself (although I did have a little friend with me). After restarting the car and no change, I called roadside assistance. They dispatched a tow truck but with COVID restrictions, I am not allowed to ride in the truck. Where am I supposed to go/do at 1 am and 140 miles from anyone I know? More freaking out!!!

I get a text from the tow company - ETA 120 - 240 minutes!! Panic turns to outrage at this point. Since there is nothing I can do and the car is dead, I decided to search the forum to see what others may have posted. Of course there were many threads. Temp fixes all pointed to shutting the car down, locking it, and letting it sit for 20 to 30 minutes. I waited about 45 minutes, restarted the car and fault was gone!!! I cancelled the tow and made my way home - driving conservatively!

Many thanks to this forum and the numerous posters out there!

Moral of the story: Keep posting no matter how big or small you think your problem is/was. You might help out a fellow motorist!!
20220131_005646.jpg
I got this dreaded red message tonight at 9pm. Almost 1 year into the ownership over 9k miles, first major issue. I got several errors starting with sensor, brake assist, camera not working and ended up with electrical system error. It was scary as I was driving at 70mph at the HOV lane for about 35 mins on 880S and suddenly no power. glad there was no behind/beside me and was able to cross over 4 lanes and pull to the side of highway. I called porsche assistance immediately and after spending 10 mins on call with them was assigned a service ticket.

I waiter over 50 mins and still no tow truck was assigned. In the mean time I shut the car off and restarted after 5 mins. I had to try several times before the error went away. I decide to drive as i was getting impatient and not fun waiting on the side of highway after a long day of business trip.I was 15 mins away from reaching my home.

Another frustrating part was with porsche assistance you get a paid lyft ride but they wont pick you up from highway and you are not allowed to travel in a tow truck. I dont know how people will get to their destination. I was wondering that myself while i was trying to restart my car. I have sent a email to my SA stating i will drop the car tomorrow and have a loaner ready for me.

Porsche Taycan Electrical System Error!! image0 (2)

OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
I got this dreaded red message tonight at 9pm. Almost 1 year into the ownership over 9k miles, first major issue. I got several errors starting with sensor, brake assist, camera not working and ended up with electrical system error. It was scary as I was driving at 70mph at the HOV lane for about 35 mins on 880S and suddenly no power. glad there was no behind/beside me and was able to cross over 4 lanes and pull to the side of highway. I called porsche assistance immediately and after spending 10 mins on call with them was assigned a service ticket.

I waiter over 50 mins and still no tow truck was assigned. In the mean time I shut the car off and restarted after 5 mins. I had to try several times before the error went away. I decide to drive as i was getting impatient and not fun waiting on the side of highway after a long day of business trip.I was 15 mins away from reaching my home.

Another frustrating part was with porsche assistance you get a paid lyft ride but they wont pick you up from highway and you are not allowed to travel in a tow truck. I dont know how people will get to their destination. I was wondering that myself while i was trying to restart my car. I have sent a email to my SA stating i will drop the car tomorrow and have a loaner ready for me.

image0 (2).jpeg
Thanks for sharing!!

I'm glad you made it home!
I totally understand your frustration with the towing having been thru it myself.

Please let us know what the service tech says after the car has been checked out.

They didn't see anything on my diagnostics or codes when I took it in. I haven't had any other issues -at 11 months and 9982 miles in.

Jsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve seen this message 3 times total In my 2020 4S (w/ performance plus battery). First two times I was able to lock, come back 30 min later and all was good. Last Sunday afternoon however mine went down for the count in my home garage as I got the message And couldn’t move it. Porsche came Monday (11/14) and picked it up. service center said it’s throwing a lot of codes for high voltage charger/battery malfunctions, but no repair track determined yet. it’s got 30k miles on it, but has generally performed flawlessly for the 2.5 years I’ve owned it.

it’s frustrating because I’ve faithfully gotten all software updates and maintenanc, and have only ever used either my PMCC or Electrify America to charge. The prospect of using a loaner Macan for an extended period of time does not fill me with joy. Hopefully all who have experienced this got it repaired with no further issues.

Will advise in this discussion what happens.

Vish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I’ve seen this message 3 times total In my 2020 4S (w/ performance plus battery). First two times I was able to lock, come back 30 min later and all was good. Last Sunday afternoon however mine went down for the count in my home garage as I got the message And couldn’t move it. Porsche came Monday (11/14) and picked it up. service center said it’s throwing a lot of codes for high voltage charger/battery malfunctions, but no repair track determined yet. it’s got 30k miles on it, but has generally performed flawlessly for the 2.5 years I’ve owned it.

it’s frustrating because I’ve faithfully gotten all software updates and maintenanc, and have only ever used either my PMCC or Electrify America to charge. The prospect of using a loaner Macan for an extended period of time does not fill me with joy. Hopefully all who have experienced this got it repaired with no further issues.

Vish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My car got this error at 13 months and 3000 miles, was told same thing about high voltage etc., and even after replacing heat regulator, not able to clear. They then performed numerous diagnostics, informed open line to e-box and now have to replace e-box, overall it's at dealership for more than 35 days. Very disappointing to say the least.

Jsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car got this error at 13 months and 3000 miles, was told same thing about high voltage etc., and even after replacing heat regulator, not able to clear. They then performed numerous diagnostics, informed open line to e-box and now have to replace e-box, overall it's at dealership for more than 35 days. Very disappointing to say the least.
What sort of compensation did they offer you for this inconvenience?

Vish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag

Will advise in this discussion what happens.
Nothing yet
What sort of compensation did they offer you for this inconvenience?
Nothing yet, will give another week for Porsche NA to come back with some offer, otherwise have to hire an attorney, am trying to avoid going that route.

Jsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, disappointing Vish! Let me know what happens, and best of luck!

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Thanks for sharing!!

I'm glad you made it home!
I totally understand your frustration with the towing having been thru it myself.

Please let us know what the service tech says after the car has been checked out.

They didn't see anything on my diagnostics or codes when I took it in. I haven't had any other issues -at 11 months and 9982 miles in.
I took the car today. Similar to yours Tech didnt see anything "active" on my diagnostics. Tech did confirm he saw the error codes but cant do much which to me is mind boggling. I think they should know what each code means and what it translates too. Tech did want to keep the car and try to re create the failure mode but my SA said no. No active codes means nothing to service and wont get a loaner as well as he wants to focus on cars with active issues. The Tech did give me some confidence that the main battery looks good and he is thinking it could be a SW bug. Drove the car for about 50 miles at varying speed and so far everything seems to be working normal. My wife is not keen on taking taycan for road trip etc after this issue. Looks to me a failure to happen in future.

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Sorry to hear this and very disappointing to hear. keep us posted.
Sponsored