Electrify America charging issues

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I called them again this morning just for the hell of it to see if the customer support folks had any clue what was actually going on here. He first told me to "check to see if plug & charge was checked off". After I told him it had nothing to do with plug & charge, he pretended like he knew about this issue and said "it's being worked on and we don't have any update at this time". I just find it a little shocking that no one on the Porsche side is communicating down to the people on the phones taking calls from angry customers. 4+ months with the same issue affecting the majority of their Taycan customers has got to be causing a shitstorm internally. If anyone has contacts at Porsche that are more clued in to these charging issues, hit me up!
“It’s being worked on” is a blanket brush-off phrase to get the customer off the phone. On occasion, with other companies using the same pacifier phrase, I asked if there is an issue ID for tracking, what the description of the issue is so we can make sure it is in fact the same issue I am experiencing. I got various responses, ranging from just hanging up on me, to making up BS (one guy gave me a ticket number, but couldn’t repeat it when I asked for it again), to a rare honesty (got that only once, the guy told me it’s his last day, and that “we are working on it but no estimates” just means “leave me alone, call back when I’m not working).
Sponsored

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
I made them email me a ticket number and follow up email. i reply to the email every couple days asking for a update. and its always the same old bs. EA rep the other day said that Porsche does not have a master ticket with them regarding this issue. other brands do that it has affected. I don't think Porsche cares and is happy they don't have to pay for the free charges.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I made them email me a ticket number and follow up email. i reply to the email every couple days asking for a update. and its always the same old bs. EA rep the other day said that Porsche does not have a master ticket with them regarding this issue. other brands do that it has affected. I don't think Porsche cares and is happy they don't have to pay for the free charges.
Perhaps the way to move forward is to contact Porsche to say that EA they sold you with the car is not working, that you need a temporary workaround (perhaps a Porsche company account to use to login for charging until they fix it, or a way to expense paid charging which should have been free). Or buy a blue tick on twitter and send one to Elon, making fun of Porsche's charging network.

ClumpD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve had my ‘22 Turbo S for 5 weeks and haven’t been able to successfully charge (on my own) once. In the Porsche app I get a “server unreachable” message anytime I try to initiate a charge on a specific charger. On the EA side I can initiate one manually if I want to pay (which is dumb). I’ve had to call EA every time to remotely initiate a free charge for me.
I know this is a known issue, but it seems ridiculous it’s taking this long to fix. Having to stand outside and call EA every time before plugging in my car, give them my VIN, etc is a pain in the ass. Is anyone able to successfully initiate a free charge on their own? Or is this an issue affecting everyone?
Public charging in my experience is a disaster. I haven’t been able so successfully charge at an EE charging station without multiple phone calls since May of last year. It’s stressful and sadly I don’t feel like I can take my car out of the Bay Area at this point because I simply can’t count on being able to charge away from home. It’s taken some of the joy away from driving a Taycan.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Public charging in my experience is a disaster. I haven’t been able so successfully charge at an EE charging station without multiple phone calls since May of last year. It’s stressful and sadly I don’t feel like I can take my car out of the Bay Area at this point because I simply can’t count on being able to charge away from home. It’s taken some of the joy away from driving a Taycan.
Ironic that worst experiences come out of California, which has the most EV's out of all states. Maybe then it's just statistics, if some percentage of Taycan owners experience issues, then California owners will report it many times more often than other states, since there are many times as many Taycans there. Or, perhaps EA and other CCS public chargers have duty cycle issues, i.e. are just not made for a huge volume of cars charging which California can throw at them? Or, maybe EA contracts out maintenance of their stations and their California contractor just sucks, or cannot hire enough competent people (or cannot fire the incompetent ones)?

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
I’ve had my ‘22 Turbo S for 5 weeks and haven’t been able to successfully charge (on my own) once. In the Porsche app I get a “server unreachable” message anytime I try to initiate a charge on a specific charger. On the EA side I can initiate one manually if I want to pay (which is dumb). I’ve had to call EA every time to remotely initiate a free charge for me.
I know this is a known issue, but it seems ridiculous it’s taking this long to fix. Having to stand outside and call EA every time before plugging in my car, give them my VIN, etc is a pain in the ass. Is anyone able to successfully initiate a free charge on their own? Or is this an issue affecting everyone?
I have 21 4S and plug and charge works seamlessly.I suspect that either you have not activated plug and charge or your Porsche account with a valid credit card

OP
OP

Sean4510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Update on my end. Plug & charge started working fine all of a sudden about 4-5 weeks ago. I havent tried initiating a charge through the app since the last time I had an issue. I haven't changed anything on my end to get P&C to work -- confirmed that everything was activated properly and set up fine within my account. Electrify America told me they did a big software update on their backend over a month ago that they felt would solve a lot of these P&C authentication issues that car manufactuters have been experiencing (isn't just porsche). It seems like whatever they did fixed it for me.
Sponsored