DHSMIAMI

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 S Cab
Country flag
Anyone else having issues with Plug and charge at EA stations this weekend? I am on my annual 1500 mile drive from Massachusetts to Miami and only one of my charging sessions has been successful without having to insert a credit card and pay for it. EA said they are updating their software and that’s probably the issue. Porsche was unable to resolve. just curious if anybody else has had the same problem this weekend?

Porsche Taycan Electrify America Plug and charge issues B3301068-68A4-473B-836C-1E4F0090F74C
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Why are you using a credit card rather than using the three years of free EA charging via the My Porsche app? Plug and charge was not even available in MY2020 yet we all access free EA charging via the app.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
did you check your pcm to see if the box for plug and charged is ticked to enable plug and charge?
you will not get the 30 minutes free using the EA ap, you need to use the porsche ap

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am suprised EA didn't start a complementary session for you. I have been to EA chargers recently and did find one charger that wouldn't start for my '22 Taycan so simply moved to another charger.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Quesiton: Is there [blah] problem with EA at [blah] site this [insert date here]?
Answer: It's EA - yes there are always problems with EA - move on

on a recent road trip - I visits the same EA site 5 days apart (Sutherland, Oregon) - once going there and once coming back - each time only 2 of the 4 stalls were working, but on each visit it was a different 2 stalls? OMG - why are the two "broken" stalls different with in 5 days of each other???

EA's reliability and consistency is horrible, no good, awful unpredictable - we should expect more, but be unsurprised that EA can't get anything to work or not work consistently.

If you question is: Are there problems with EA?

the answer is always: Yes.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Quesiton:

the answer is always: Yes.
this site;
Ellenton Premium Outlets
5461 Factory Shops Blvd,
Ellenton, Florida, 34222, USA

had 3 of 4 units down for over a year, it is being reported that as of last week they were operating. I stumbled upon it needing a charge and found 3 other cars ahead of me waiting, fortunately I had just about enough range to get to a charger 30+ miles up the road, but if I didn't it could have been either a long wait here or finding a much slower charge and waiting.
the point is that EA needs to do better at maintaining their hardware.

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
I am 0 for 3 on plug and charge attempts on my 22. I have always had to initiate the charge via the MyPorsche App which has worked every time and resulted in a free charge each time, even though it gives me a price at the start.

I have the box ticked for plug and charge but no dice yet.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
this site;
Ellenton Premium Outlets
5461 Factory Shops Blvd,
Ellenton, Florida, 34222, USA

had 3 of 4 units down for over a year, it is being reported that as of last week they were operating. I stumbled upon it needing a charge and found 3 other cars ahead of me waiting, fortunately I had just about enough range to get to a charger 30+ miles up the road, but if I didn't it could have been either a long wait here or finding a much slower charge and waiting.
the point is that EA needs to do better at maintaining their hardware.
Interesting report as the EA app shows all units available now. I have been to this charger several times and my experience is that most if not all chargers were available.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I charged at EA in Port St Lucie, FL on Saturday evening. Now issues with plug and charge. However, they still have the older charging pedestals there. As others mentioned, if you call them they will start the machine for free.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I used an EA charger for the first time in 10 months. It was 1230AM on highway 80 coming east from the Bay Area. Imagine my surprise when plug and charge did not work. It was the middle of the night and didn’t realize the charging app no longer works. The Porsche app is not intuitive and figuring out which charger you are using to initiate is difficult. The easy button was tapping my credit card to start a session. Didn’t realize how expensive charging is! Hopefully EA will reimburse since it was less than 30 min
Sponsored