DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I ordered and received my Taycan in August of 2022. Had charging problems from the start. My charger will only run for about 10 minutes the fails, the cord too hot to touch. I first went to electrify America and could not charge. What I was told from the dealership that the factory did not install the software and that would fix everything. When I got the car back I was told my charger was ok. When I tried it again you could not even hold the cord in your hand it was so hot. Its now going on nine month of nothing but lies from the dealership. The car has some smaller issues but the charging is the main issue. I want to stop here and say I'm really torn because I like the features and style of the car, but considering invoking the lemon law. I finally contacted Porsche USA and have been treated like garbage from the start. I could not believe this because I owned other high end exotics and they always given me the white glove treatment and respect. I was contacted the other day by a class action attorney and this is what I know. Porsche has a big problem with their charging system. New York has already filed a class action and now it is going national. Porsche knows they have a problem and if you charge in your garage you could be at risk of burning down your home. When you been in to the same dealership a few time they come clean and tell you the charger has problems and tell you to only charge at 50% because they have no fix. I understand it not just within the charger. The dealerships have been put under a NDA or lose their dealerships to my understanding. If you take your car in likely they will down grade your charging within your software to slow down the charging. Software depending on your year has already been down loaded to cut out batteries that are failing from the over heating and that occurs when you get the error. There is a lot you can read about this on the internet including a whistle blower within Porsche hat has come forward. He claims that the problem effects 60 percent of the car the day you drive away from the dealership.
You don't need the lemon law, you just need to get a better charger for the home.
I recommend Wallbox Pulsar Plus. ChargePoint Flex, or JuiceBox.
The Porsche charger is known to overheat and fail.

Your EA experience is a separate issue (probably explained by a broken charger, which happens.)
Sponsored

DCB29

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
What about the new software they are down loading that slows down your charging rate, do you feel good about this? How about the $1,200.00 you paid for the charger you can't use do you feel it fair to get 50% of your money back and go purchase a charger that works? Lets get real does Porsche treat their customers like other high end car dealerships? I have found that others have had experiences such as mine which is not to say much about Porsche's customer service and warranty. I was talked down to by Porsche USA as if I was asking for too much to get a full refund for a charger that has never worked. The fact is I feel like I just was schooled to a tune of 200K. I believe this will be my last Porsche. Back to Ferrari.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
What about the new software they are down loading that slows down your charging rate, do you feel good about this? How about the $1,200.00 you paid for the charger you can't use do you feel it fair to get 50% of your money back and go purchase a charger that works? Lets get real does Porsche treat their customers like other high end car dealerships? I have found that others have had experiences such as mine which is not to say much about Porsche's customer service and warranty. I was talked down to by Porsche USA as if I was asking for too much to get a full refund for a charger that has never worked. The fact is I feel like I just was schooled to a tune of 200K. I believe this will be my last Porsche. Back to Ferrari.
I don't know what to tell you. Porsche's chargers are junk, I dropped around $500 to get a 3rd party one that works perfectly, and I never thought about it again.

If $500 is enough to make you get rid of the car, you're more high strung than I am.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The ChargePoint Flex Home Charger provides a charging report that is configurable by dates. This allows me to determine how much of my electric bill is due to car charging. The charging cable is very thick, never gets hot and the unit does allow hard wiring for 50 amp service. My unit is over two years old and is totally reliable.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered and received my Taycan in August of 2022. Had charging problems from the start. My charger will only run for about 10 minutes the fails, the cord too hot to touch. I first went to electrify America and could not charge. What I was told from the dealership that the factory did not install the software and that would fix everything. When I got the car back I was told my charger was ok. When I tried it again you could not even hold the cord in your hand it was so hot. Its now going on nine month of nothing but lies from the dealership. The car has some smaller issues but the charging is the main issue. I want to stop here and say I'm really torn because I like the features and style of the car, but considering invoking the lemon law. I finally contacted Porsche USA and have been treated like garbage from the start. I could not believe this because I owned other high end exotics and they always given me the white glove treatment and respect. I was contacted the other day by a class action attorney and this is what I know. Porsche has a big problem with their charging system. New York has already filed a class action and now it is going national. Porsche knows they have a problem and if you charge in your garage you could be at risk of burning down your home. When you been in to the same dealership a few time they come clean and tell you the charger has problems and tell you to only charge at 50% because they have no fix. I understand it not just within the charger. The dealerships have been put under a NDA or lose their dealerships to my understanding. If you take your car in likely they will down grade your charging within your software to slow down the charging. Software depending on your year has already been down loaded to cut out batteries that are failing from the over heating and that occurs when you get the error. There is a lot you can read about this on the internet including a whistle blower within Porsche hat has come forward. He claims that the problem effects 60 percent of the car the day you drive away from the dealership.
Oh geez, so much nonsense in this post. The Porsche home charger has issues. Easily rectified by spending $650 on a third party charger. Problem solved.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Overreact much?:CWL:

Because you have to spend another $650 to get the home charging working, you think you got ripped off on the entire $200,000 car? And your solution is to go back to Ferrari and pay $3,500 for a carbon fiber ash tray option?

Mountain meet mole hill.

You could have swapped out the chargers and solved your problem in less time than it took you to type your posts in this thread.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
The fact is I feel like I just was schooled to a tune of 200K. I believe this will be my last Porsche. Back to Ferrari.
This is the correct decision, Ferrari schooling starts at 300k, which is more/better. And their EVs are much more exclusive, too.

DCB29

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I don't know what to tell you. Porsche's chargers are junk, I dropped around $500 to get a 3rd party one that works perfectly, and I never thought about it again.

If $500 is enough to make you get rid of the car, you're more high strung than I am.

DCB29

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
A few of you all don't get it. If it was about the money I would have bought a Tesla. The fact I was treated like dirt that matters to me. Another fact is that today they are still selling these chargers like there is no problem. My last point is the dealership are down loading software to slow the charging rate and disabling problem batteries which I do not feel good about. I was treated better by Hyundai in the 80's when I was starting out. If this was Ferrari they would have bent over backwards to make it right with everyone that purchased a charger. If I chose to purchase a Ferrari with a $3,500.00 carbon fiber ashtray and its defective they will bend over to replace it and probably through me a bonus for my trouble. This is about customer service. Just FYI I already have Juice Boxes in all my homes to charge my cars, and yes they are a much better product then the Porsche brand units.

ARTAL EV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Oh geez, so much nonsense in this post. The Porsche home charger has issues. Easily rectified by spending $650 on a third party charger. Problem solved.
I have a question for all that can help me answer it. When I plug my charger in to the 220 V outlet at my primary home the Taycan charges. When at my second home where I only have 110 V available and I use the same charger with the different plug, the Taycan will charge for about 15 minutes and it gives me a charging error notification (white, blinking light on the charger/car and red notification on the mobile phone). It also sent me a text message to my mobile phone stating there was something wrong with the infrastructure. Am I doing something wrong to get the Taycan to charge on 110 V outlet?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this thread covers everything

purchase an alternative charger EVSE and you will be fine
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
pl
please go to ferrari - i’m begging you - enjoy!

DCB29

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Some people are so slow. This was not a hard decision already done, you don't have to beg. Porsche will take my car back for a full refund. Good luck
Sponsored