First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@Guyneutron thank you - very interesting

nothing super surprising here...except....

I’m not seeing any mention of the rear axel 2-speed transmission? hmmmm - am I missing something?

OP
OP

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
A lot of people thought Audis pricing was very close to the Taycan, but if you include some must have options, Audi undercuts Porsche by at least 10k I think, possibly even £20k

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
It's on the RS model as you might expect.
Just like 4S and Turbo, both levels (actually 3 levels) have the 2-speed transmission.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I expect pricing to be like the Macan/Q5 difference. Lots more options on the P-car but the Audi is lots cheaper with good option packages in the US.

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Early information on the new Audi E-tron

Standard GT version (Looks like Taycan 4S equivalent) £79300

Standard spec - Big battery, 20in wheels, Panoramic fixed glass roof, privacy glass, part leather inc sports seats (8 way electric), rear view camera, parking system plus and LED headlights with dynamic indicators.

So adding these extras on to the base Taycan brings price almost inline with the Audi - and the car does look very sexy and has a lot more power

Add these extras to a Taycan 4S and your pushing £90k, I'm trying to work out if the Porsche is really worth that much more, and the Audi does look a lot meaner

PS It will also come standard with - folding wing mirrors, embosed logos on seat backs and some leather inserts on the doors

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Yep it is looking a compelling package. Just as with other platforms that are shared between the 2 (Macan/Q5 and Q8/Cayenne), I'm sure the Porsche version will continue to be tuned to have better handling, steering, etc. And just as with those existing platform shares, the Audi version offers more value for money. On paper atleast, I am strongly leaning toward an etron gt.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Suppose it's the same with any branding. Ones got a Porsche badge and the other an Audi badge. Porsche being the more premium brand and therefore more £££.

Both look nice however I prefer the Porsche looks.

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
Suppose it's the same with any branding. Ones got a Porsche badge and the other an Audi badge. Porsche being the more premium brand and therefore more £££.

Both look nice however I prefer the Porsche looks.
I think it’s the battery upgrade to what should be standard and not having extended leather as standard that hurts the most

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it’s the battery upgrade to what should be standard and not having extended leather as standard that hurts the most
Yep I know what you mean. I couldn't believe the 2020s didn't come with heated seats.

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
GT is highly compelling package especially if you wish to have some options. Adding options worth of 10k means that is like 35-40k cheaper than equivalent 4s. I am sure there is handling difference (as Audi has stated it is more GT than sports car) but I quite certain that the difference in real life is not that high.

Only thing I worry is that is Audi more understeery as their ICE cars are?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Only thing I worry is that is Audi more understeery as their ICE cars are
ICE Audis are understeering because they are nose heavy. That will not be the case for the etron which doesn't have an engine under the hood. I guess its weight distribution should be similar to the Taycan

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Wait, Audi has a carbon fiber roof option but Porsche doesn't???
Sponsored