Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Michelin Portugal / Europe

Screenshot_2023-01-17-20-25-20-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Nothing like them being consistent :)!

But, when you looked for addl info (presumably following that embedded link), you are saying that the tire is still not actually available or even made yet, correct?

Here was the response I got when I cheated to their Reps - she does say ' within the next few months' sp perhaps longer plans are still possible?

Porsche Taycan EV Tires -- Everything you need to know by Engineering Explained Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 2.29.30 PM

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Nothing like them being consistent :)!

But, when you looked for addl info (presumably following that embedded link), you are saying that the tire is still not actually available or even made yet, correct?

Here was the response I got when I cheated to their Reps - she does say ' within the next few months' sp perhaps longer plans are still possible?

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 2.29.30 PM.png
I spoke with the local official rep who told me they had to be ordered and impossible to find in stock anywhere.

Like I said, I searched several local shops and only one had them listed (but out of stock) at over 700 a piece.

My Michelin pilot experience is over a decade old and back then mines wouldn't last 15k km. Great grip though.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I spoke with the local official rep who told me they had to be ordered and impossible to find in stock anywhere.

Like I said, I searched several local shops and only one had them listed (but out of stock) at over 700 a piece.

My Michelin pilot experience is over a decade old and back then mines wouldn't last 15k km. Great grip though.
My experience a bit longer :), but I used to get 15K miles sometimes more fairly consistently with the 4S's - the Pirelli P Zeros (OEM) ELECT that came with the car don't look like they'll make 7000 miles!!

PS: fired off another query to that rep - curious to se her response!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I think @DerekS has tried the Michelin on his Taycan and was very happy. However the were not the NFO tyres if I remember correctly

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My experience a bit longer :), but I used to get 15K miles sometimes more fairly consistently with the 4S's - the Pirelli P Zeros (OEM) ELECT that came with the car don't look like they'll make 7000 miles!!

Before you know, she'll tell you it was your idea to make them available to the world 😜

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think @DerekS has tried the Michelin on his Taycan and was very happy. However the were not the NFO tyres if I remember correctly
Yep std (non-EV specific) 4S's - no question as to the performance of that tire - simply the best imo but was hoping to try the EV 'equivalent' but seems like we'll have to wait some time for demand to climb I guess.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9

I just took my car in for new tires today. The 4S’s. I got a bit over 36k miles off them in two years. Rode them all year around, road trips and one trip to the track (limited speed was imposed there tho). I was extremely shocked they lasted as long as they did, but they held up very well. Service tech was always suprised to see them still holding in there. I‘m putting them back on again, but if those EV tires work out for people in here, I may try them next.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I'm planning to try the hankook and take one for the team since nobody apparently has tried them here on the forum yety. I'll report in about... 3 or 4 months if things go as planned.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Would love for an NF0 Michelin PS4S tire in 21". Sigh, might have to get another set of Pirellis because of the NF0 spec. Extremely hesitant on running a tire not made for the Taycan.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
I just took my car in for new tires today. The 4S’s. I got a bit over 36k miles off them in two years. Rode them all year around, road trips and one trip to the track (limited speed was imposed there tho). I was extremely shocked they lasted as long as they did, but they held up very well. Service tech was always suprised to see them still holding in there. I‘m putting them back on again, but if those EV tires work out for people in here, I may try them next.
That's impressive, @TYKHAAAN - did you pay strict attention to the recommended tire pressure to achieve this, or did you deviate by adding a bit more air? Some of the local Taycan owners go with somewhat higher than recommended pressure and still claim to get excellent milage and lower consumption...:whatsgoingon:

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
That's impressive, @TYKHAAAN - did you pay strict attention to the recommended tire pressure to achieve this, or did you deviate by adding a bit more air? Some of the local Taycan owners go with somewhat higher than recommended pressure and still claim to get excellent milage and lower consumption...:whatsgoingon:
Kept them fairly close to the recommended specs for air. I tried putting them a bit over for a bit, but didn't really notice any difference.

Bouldergal

First Name
Alison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross 4 2021, BMW M3 convertible 1998
Country flag
Well I'm planning to try the hankook and take one for the team since nobody apparently has tried them here on the forum yety. I'll report in about... 3 or 4 months if things go as planned.
Hi. Wondering if you got the Hankook tires and if so what do you think?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi. Wondering if you got the Hankook tires and if so what do you think?
They're ordered. Waiting for my taycan delivery to make the swap. Delivery was initially scheduled for April 8th but due to the heater issue, it slipped to may 5th.

I'll report once I've drove them for a few days 😊
Sponsored