dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
A warning: I just found out that you cannot add wheel+tire more than 10 days after the car sale. I don't have any idea why, since you could easily prove the wheels and tires are in perfect condition, but they won't sell the package, even with a long term, after that.

So - be aware. If you want wheel+tire, jump on it.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A warning: I just found out that you cannot add wheel+tire more than 10 days after the car sale. I don't have any idea why, since you could easily prove the wheels and tires are in perfect condition, but they won't sell the package, even with a long term, after that.

So - be aware. If you want wheel+tire, jump on it.
The cost of wheel and tire seem really expensive for what you get. Do people here think it is worth it? How much damage do you have to do over 4 years to break even?

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
The 21-inch Taycan Exclusive Design Set (wheels and tires) at Suncoast in the US is $9,295. Roughly $2,325 per wheel. Payback in one pothole mishap at the FD warranty price.

I’ve had wheel and tire hazard on my Polestar 21’s, and used it multiple times. The roads are horrible in Seattle and I’ll purchase it again. The FD warranty covers road hazard, but curb rash appears to be excluded. It is also a third party warranty, not provided or managed by Porsche. You’ll be doing some extra legwork with each claim.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Vehicle: 2019 - 2020 Porsche Taycan with less than 10,000 miles.

Fidelity Platinum Protection Plan:
One other thing. The Porsche Extended Warranty seems to be Safe-Guard. And it covers shocks, as an example. The Fidelity one doesn't...and I'm guessing an air suspension failure would be an expensive repair, likely as much as the difference between the two.

(The Porsche one also says it covers "brakes", but I'm sure that doesn't mean "rotors" or "pads".)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What are USA folks getting for a base warranty besides the 8 year battery warranty?
I have a dealership quote of $2k for 4yr, I thought Porsche had some about of factory warranty at no additional cost?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks @paladin732 for your post of fd-warranty.com pricing. I also checked with them and got the same pricing, consistency is always good. I was checking with my dealership in Bakersfield and San Jose and both of them had great things to say about Fidelity so I feel confident now. Also the San Jose dealership offered to get me the warranty and match those prices so I plan to go that way to cut out one third party and have it from a dealership that I will likely be visiting for service even though the car is actually from a different dealership due to availability.

I made a little spreadsheet of the $100 and $250 deductibles with a cost per year and a cost per 10,000 mile I definitely think the $100 deductible is worthwhile as it's only about $200 more total so on your second claim you're ahead and it's not a large investment if you luckily have less than two claims.

Porsche Taycan Extended warranty Screenshot_20201105-222005

Porsche Taycan Extended warranty Screenshot_20201104-192126

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks @paladin732 for your post of fd-warranty.com pricing. I also checked with them and got the same pricing, consistency is always good. I was checking with my dealership in Bakersfield and San Jose and both of them had great things to say about Fidelity so I feel confident now. Also the San Jose dealership offered to get me the warranty and match those prices so I plan to go that way to cut out one third party and have it from a dealership that I will likely be visiting for service even though the car is actually from a different dealership due to availability.

I made a little spreadsheet of the $100 and $250 deductibles with a cost per year and a cost per 10,000 mile I definitely think the $100 deductible is worthwhile as it's only about $200 more total so on your second claim you're ahead and it's not a large investment if you luckily have less than two claims.

Screenshot_20201105-222005.png

Screenshot_20201104-192126.png
Is this the price for the Porsche warrantee or the fidelity warrantee bought through the dealer?

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
Having bent a few Tesla wheels from when they actually sold coverage (for about 10 minutes back when they first started selling Model S cars), I can say that the wheel/tire coverage paid off gigantically.

If you're not in a state where you experience "winter", or "frost heaves" (and their cousin the "hell hole"), bent rims may not be something you've experienced. But a single wheel replacement, in general, pays for the coverage.

It's hard to fix a really bent wheel, though...and many shops won't do it if the wheel is painted.
also....don't overlook the tires as well. I've had the coverage on a few cars and they will simply replace a flat tire with a new tire, as they can't, or will not, "repair" them on high performance tires. My experience on the wheels was about $175 per wheel (alloy wheels) once the coverage ran out

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is this the price for the Porsche warrantee or the fidelity warrantee bought through the dealer?
Fidelity warranty bought thru dealership. The word is that Porsche does not at this time offer an extended warranty option.

OP
OP

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag

Screenshot_20201105-222005.png

Screenshot_20201104-192126.png
That was Stevens Creek that matched it?

Chedman13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GL63 Brabus B63 Widestar, Awaiting Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone buy the warranty? I'm most likely going with the Fidelity 10 year/100,000 mile $0 deductible.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
What are USA folks getting for a base warranty besides the 8 year battery warranty?
I have a dealership quote of $2k for 4yr, I thought Porsche had some about of factory warranty at no additional cost?
The warranty period begins on the date the first retail purchaser or the date it is first used as a demonstrator, lease, or company car, whichever comes first. The following periods apply:

• 4 year / 50,000 mls (80,000 km) warranty for all new vehicles whichever occurs first*;
  • 2-year warranty for genuine Porsche parts, exchange parts and accessories, which are used or sold outside of warranty work. The warranty period for Porsche parts which are used in connection with warranty work ends contemporaneously with the warranty period for the purchased item which has become defective;
  • 12-year long-life warranty against rust perforation in the bodyshell. (please refer to the terms and conditions in the warranty handbook)
Certified Pre-Owned Warranty is 2 years / unlimited miles, once the vehicle is outside the original vehicle warranty period.

Warranty can be claimed from any Porsche partner across the world.

*Applies for vehicles purchased and registered in the USA and Canada (outside the USA and Canada 2 years / unlimited miles).

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Curious the cost and what company the tire and wheel warranty package is being offered. I am most definitely purchasing that with the Mission E wheels.

As for the extended warranty, you can add that later when the OEM warranty is close to running out. I did it on a BMW and have a client who was shopping it for his Targa. He even was shopping buying it at a dealer out of state to save some sales tax.

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
Curious the cost and what company the tire and wheel warranty package is being offered. I am most definitely purchasing that with the Mission E wheels.

As for the extended warranty, you can add that later when the OEM warranty is close to running out. I did it on a BMW and have a client who was shopping it for his Targa. He even was shopping buying it at a dealer out of state to save some sales tax.
Bought my car a year ago but dealer was quoting USD$2500 for the T&W package at that time. Good for 5 years. Listed as Porsche (dealer?) direct. This covers up to 8 wheel repairs. Maybe not completely worth it from only that perspective as you can get them done for around $200-250 (Mission-e painted) each time but I usually get the coverage as it's equally worth it (IMO) for the tires. Since Porsche will not repair the tires, you automatically get a replacement tire for a $50 deductible when anything goes wrong with it. I had a small nail in mine recently, took it in, brand new tire for $50. I have also taken advantage of 1 free wheel painting/repair thus far while my car was in for one of the recent software upgrades. Wheel replacement is a different threshold, much more difficult, and usually as a result of accident and/or other severe damage. Again, IMO Still worth it for cosmetic wheel repair and tire coverage.
Sponsored