Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
I came very close to purchasing a used Mamba Green, which was of course located in Florida.
I kept thinking it would be so out of place in the Northeast, and so unlike me for a car color, but wow does it look beautiful, in any setting!
Sponsored

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
I came very close to purchasing a used Mamba Green, which was of course located in Florida.
I kept thinking it would be so out of place in the Northeast, and so unlike me for a car color, but wow does it look beautiful, in any setting!
Lots of people go out of their way to complement the color, and unfortunately, the color has been discontinued. Of course, it disappears on a green spring lawn.

Porsche Taycan Extreme Winter Driving pros and cons with Taycan Flyin

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Still looks beautiful in that setting -- and dare I say, the grass so wishes that it was that shade of Mamba Green that it is green with envy!

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still looks beautiful in that setting -- and dare I say, the grass so wishes that it was that shade of Mamba Green that it is green with envy!
Yes, the grass was greener, more Mamba, earlier in the summer.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I was wondering where in NY you could be, but then I saw the Syracuse dealer license plate bracket -- I'm originally from Binghamton, and grew up skiing at Greek Peak, yet somehow skied up on the famed Tug Hill Plateau only once.

GLM1

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I drive into the Canadian ski mountains weekly with my Taycan 4S CT and point out the following for those doing winter driving research:

Pro's
  • Traction is excellent, better than my Macan. Also observed on my Tesla, the Taycan power deliver seems much smarter that mechanical differentials.
    • You can literally launch control on snowy roads and the car will accelerate straight and smoothly at its traction limit.
  • Gravel Mode apparently provides more "wheel lock" so all four wheels deliver more power rather than the one(s) with most traction. Good for snowy hills, getting unstuck etc.
  • Preheating is excellent and responsive.
Cons:
  • Unlike an ICE car, it never heats up on the hood, undercarriage etc. This can lead to snow build up in wheels, on hood and other cracks and crevices since there is no melting while driving. After three days of wet snow during day and freezing at night there was considerable accumulation.
  • Snow or ice always builds up in the gap where wiper blades rest which can become a problem after a few days.
  • The rear window fairing and rear hatch have very tight tolerances leading to binding if ice accumulates here. Need to be careful not to open truck until this area is clear. It seems that it's possible to cause damage.
  • Charge port opens sideways so it doesn't create a "roof" for the port. Ice and snow can accumulate in the port area over night.
  • Preheat doesn't enable front and rear defrost.
Hope that helps.
I am also based in eastern Canada and agree the CT handles very well on snow and gravel, but be warned after a couple days of driving to the ski hill etc the build up of snow and dirt is substantial.
I neglected to jet wash my wheels after a few trips and my wheels became very unbalanced. I had to reduce my speed to 50km/hr. The air suspension tried to level things but could not cope and eventually the warning came on Chassis defect drive to the work shop at reduced speed.
The dealer found that the rear right shock was defective and needed to be replaced, which would take two weeks as the part comes from Germany. Apparently the build up was primarily in the rear right wheel, see attached picture of the dirt from a single wheel.
So clean your wheels if you frequent dusty or snowy environments, also there are heating vents in the wheel arches that need to be hosed out when washing the car.

Porsche Taycan Extreme Winter Driving pros and cons with Taycan Attachment-1

Porsche Taycan Extreme Winter Driving pros and cons with Taycan Attachment-1

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was wondering where in NY you could be, but then I saw the Syracuse dealer license plate bracket -- I'm originally from Binghamton, and grew up skiing at Greek Peak, yet somehow skied up on the famed Tug Hill Plateau only once.
Yes, we are here in Central NY.....the snow has now entirely melted....so much for global warming.
Good advice.
I didn't realize there are heating vents in the wheel arches. Can you attach a photo or describe where they are. I have had snow buildup in the wheel arches in heavy wet snow.
Sponsored