Finally on the Boat

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
I am also stuck at Benicia. Dealer is telling me they expect to receive the car mid to late next week, but no other details offered.
Sponsored

Reactions: GRV

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
The TYD website hilariously shows the boat 925 miles away. It's been that way for about a week now. While I did get a VIN from the dealer, I haven't heard squat about when the car arrives there.
TYD now updated, but not too helpful on expected actual delivery.

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, I called the 800 number for customer service and after several minutes on hold, I was told my car would be at the dealer on June 25. I'm not holding my breath....

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, I called the 800 number for customer service and after several minutes on hold, I was told my car would be at the dealer on June 25. I'm not holding my breath....
TYD now updated showing at the dealer on 6/25.

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer emailed, looks like I will in fact be able to pick up on Friday!
No word yet for me. Though I did ask to have the clear side markers installed when it arrives, so who knows. TYD still says 6/25. Does your TYD match what the dealer stated?

Last edited:

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No word yet for me. Though I did ask to have the clear side markers installed when it arrives, so who knows. TYD still says 6/25. Does your TYD match what the dealer stated?
Yes, TYD has been showing 6/25 since 6/15

Reactions: GRV

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I finally got word that the car arrived at the dealer today (6/24). Initially told that a Saturday morning pick up would work. Then, updated to say that I will not be able to pick it up. A software update needs to be performed and they're waiting for Porsche to provide it (!?). @PTEastBay or @Torv -- did you have to go through this too?

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I finally got word that the car arrived at the dealer today (6/24). Initially told that a Saturday morning pick up would work. Then, updated to say that I will not be able to pick it up. A software update needs to be performed and they're waiting for Porsche to provide it (!?). @PTEastBay or @Torv -- did you have to go through this too?
Still scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, have not heard anything like that from my dealer (yet)

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, it looks like I can pick up my car Saturday morning. I've asked them to update the software and firmware to bring the car up-to-date with the latest fixes. Hopefully they'll do that.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got the same update as @GRV - Porsche wants them to install the software update before I pick it up, and that won't be ready until anywhere from the middle of next week to sometime the following week...

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got the same update as @GRV - Porsche wants them to install the software update before I pick it up, and that won't be ready until anywhere from the middle of next week to sometime the following week...
Interesting. I was told "early" next week. We'll see.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke to dealer again, he gave me the option to still pick up today but decided to wait for the patch to be ready, since I'm not in a hurry. Assuming this addresses the power loss risk, and hopefully does not introduce any new issues. Porsche is telling them mid to late next week but he's expecting this to slip into the following week based on past experience.

He also said that all Taycans will be brought in for this update - perhaps a recall based on the NHTSA investigation?
Sponsored

Reactions: B61