Finally on the Boat

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Spoke to dealer again, he gave me the option to still pick up today but decided to wait for the patch to be ready, since I'm not in a hurry. Assuming this addresses the power loss risk, and hopefully does not introduce any new issues. Porsche is telling them mid to late next week but he's expecting this to slip into the following week based on past experience.

He also said that all Taycans will be brought in for this update - perhaps a recall based on the NHTSA investigation?
Please try and find out what the patch addresses, if you can. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just got a call from the dealer this morning. They indicated to me that the software and firmware update has been completed. That's the good news. The bad news is that there is an “open recall” for some gasket that needs to ship from Germany before I can pick up the car, hopefully mid-next week. Anyone else with this news? Grrrrrr...

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
I just got a call from the dealer this morning. They indicated to me that the software and firmware update has been completed. That's the good news. The bad news is that there is an “open recall” for some gasket that needs to ship from Germany before I can pick up the car, hopefully mid-next week. Anyone else with this news? Grrrrrr...
Interesting. I was told the patch was ready but they were now figuring out how to push it out to cars waiting for delivery and then eventually all Taycans. No mention of the gasket.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
Dealer called again, car is being patched right now and I am back on to pick up this afternoon!?

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
I have not heard anything about a gasket. I'll be in there tomorrow and will see if I can get further info.

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I spoke with the service manager to get accurate info as to what’s up and here’s the scoop: I can pick up the car either Monday or Tuesday after they perform a software update for the SOS system. There’s also a new update, AMB5 (or something like that), that just got released yesterday and is important for reliability of the locking systems via the apps.

Last edited:

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just heard from the dealer. Software/firmware upgrades are done. I'll be able to take delivery Saturday (tmrw)!

TayJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla MS, Taycan 4S (ETA 7/30) Range Rover
Country flag
My 4S completed production on 6/22 and awaiting at Emden. Wonder if the car has the latest software update or has to have update done before delivery.

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have not heard anything about a gasket. I'll be in there tomorrow and will see if I can get further info.
The gasket was erroneous information.

Finally, I paid for the car and am awaiting the software update so they can finally release it, most likely Monday.

Porsche Taycan Finally on the Boat FBAEF1A0-B630-4C89-B875-BCFD999FA6C7

Porsche Taycan Finally on the Boat EAC769CB-4423-4CC5-90DC-328A721F81C4

Porsche Taycan Finally on the Boat 2DD3A3A4-BB01-4183-9572-C801FE129121

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The gasket was erroneous information.

Finally, I paid for the car and am awaiting the software update so they can finally release it, most likely Monday.

FBAEF1A0-B630-4C89-B875-BCFD999FA6C7.jpeg

EAC769CB-4423-4CC5-90DC-328A721F81C4.jpeg

2DD3A3A4-BB01-4183-9572-C801FE129121.jpeg
Looking good. I worries be interested in comparing version numbers. This is mine...
Porsche Taycan Finally on the Boat 4D26B0AC-0534-4F44-A4EB-CC82910350F9