Finally!

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
After nearly a 7 month wait, I finally today took delivery of my car!! I can post pictures, but it's nothing you haven't seen before - a Carerra white Turbo, with white Mission E wheels, red/black interior. But boy is she a beaut. The highlight of the drive home was a guy up ahead of me on the highway, enthusiastically waving his arm out the window with a thumbs up as I passed. It was just a 20 mile drive up the highway, but the speed and handling was awesome. Something that will take some getting used to, and which I haven't seen mentioned, was how the accelerator feels. Coming from over 30 years of owning high performance manual transmission BMWs, the Taycan feels almost just like I'm driving my manual transmission car in a gear 2-3 gears lower than where I should be - with the quick acceleration when I touch the gas, and deceleration when I let go. I kept finding myself reaching for the stick shift every time I gave it "gas" or pulled my foot off the accelerator.

I've got about 100 questions at this point, but I'll RTFM before I inundate the board.

Thanks to everyone hear for the support and community during my long wait!
Sponsored

Masterdiver

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I feel your enthusiasm! I’ve had mine about a week and have been beyond thrilled with it. Congrats!

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congrats! So psyched you finally got it. Enjoy every mile!

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
After nearly a 7 month wait, I finally today took delivery of my car!! I can post pictures, but it's nothing you haven't seen before - a Carerra white Turbo, with white Mission E wheels, red/black interior. But boy is she a beaut. The highlight of the drive home was a guy up ahead of me on the highway, enthusiastically waving his arm out the window with a thumbs up as I passed. It was just a 20 mile drive up the highway, but the speed and handling was awesome. Something that will take some getting used to, and which I haven't seen mentioned, was how the accelerator feels. Coming from over 30 years of owning high performance manual transmission BMWs, the Taycan feels almost just like I'm driving my manual transmission car in a gear 2-3 gears lower than where I should be - with the quick acceleration when I touch the gas, and deceleration when I let go. I kept finding myself reaching for the stick shift every time I gave it "gas" or pulled my foot off the accelerator.

I've got about 100 questions at this point, but I'll RTFM before I inundate the board.

Thanks to everyone hear for the support and community during my long wait!
Just post the pictures :cool:

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Congrats! Enjoy the ride!