OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
This whole ordering a car to my own spec is niggling away at me... one minute I feel 100% on the options i've chosen and the next i'm changing things around. It's mostly exterior and interior colours. The latest being... scrap the light interior and go for all black with red belts... ffs!

There's not enough stock around at local dealers to see them in real life.

I need lock in ASAP before I go crazy!!
Sponsored

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
This whole ordering a car to my own spec is niggling away at me... one minute I feel 100% on the options i've chosen and the next i'm changing things around. It's mostly exterior and interior colours. The latest being... scrap the light interior and go for all black with red belts... ffs!

There's not enough stock around at local dealers to see them in real life.

I need lock in ASAP before I go crazy!!
I know the feeling! Mine locks on 10 October and I'm trying desperately to avoid the configurator lol! I went with the Racetex roof and B pillars (and handles) by the way as I liked the finish compared to the standard. As always, it made yet another dent in the wallet but that's what Porsche do so well.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Don’t leave locking in to the last minute …Porsche Germany are altering the freeze dates without warning ,mine was the 28th …..went to alter a couple of things only to be told the freeze date had change and was up last week 😮 …. luckily it’s was minor

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
I know the feeling! Mine locks on 10 October and I'm trying desperately to avoid the configurator lol! I went with the Racetex roof and B pillars (and handles) by the way as I liked the finish compared to the standard. As always, it made yet another dent in the wallet but that's what Porsche do so well.
Yes, I’m 2k over budget… these changes are marginal differences on the cost though.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Don’t leave locking in to the last minute …Porsche Germany are altering the freeze dates without warning ,mine was the 28th …..went to alter a couple of things only to be told the freeze date had change and was up last week 😮 …. luckily it’s was minor
I still have a little time on side… when I get the call I’ll be forced to make the decision, will stop by a couple of dealers this next week or so and look at other models too. Just asked the wife what she thinks and she replied ‘whichever you like best’ haha… helpful!

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Today I went over to Porsche Centre Wolverhampton and got to see all the colours on the Taycan... the visit has 100% confirmed I will be going for Carmine Red with Crayon/Black interior. Seen under the showroom lights and outside (both overcast and direct sun).

I've also made some small changes:

Removed the black gloss handles
Removed model designation doors black
Swapped seat belts from Crayon to Bordeaux
Swapped compass to clock
Paint clock Bordeaux

New code: PPPNNJM1

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
I have the same build date on my RWD. Have you been given a delivery date?

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have the same build date on my RWD. Have you been given a delivery date?
I have a delivery date scheduled for the middle of December but my SA says it most probably won't happen and January is looking more likely.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Swapped compass to clock
Interesting. I'd really like to have the compass option in the saloon variant but alas its not possible. I think it would be much more fitting with my road-trips rather than the racing track "sports chrono" most will never take their Taycan to.

Interested in why you made this change ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Interesting. I'd really like to have the compass option in the saloon variant but alas its not possible. I think it would be much more fitting with my road-trips rather than the racing track most will never take their Taycan too.

Interested in why you made this change ?
It's interesting you've queried this as I was just going through the spec with a friend of mine and he's said the exact same thing. Interestingly though I didn't see any today with the compass.

I guess my change of mind was on the back of what I saw today. If i'm honest I hadn't thought of the functional side of it... but as you suggest the compass would make more sense.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
I queried the Bose issue today and the SA said customers with cars going into production now are being advised no stereo upgrades available… and has no idea how long the stop on these will be.

I asked how many cancellations, he replied “not one”

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Waiting for this car is driving me crazy! I spoke to the SA today asking for an update… he remains confident I’ll get a Q1 23 build with confirmed factory allocation in November/December.

Code: PPEYFJ95

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I queried the Bose issue today and the SA said customers with cars going into production now are being advised no stereo upgrades available… and has no idea how long the stop on these will be.

I asked how many cancellations, he replied “not one”
I was told when I was in to fix my spec in early April that Bose was causing a delay of at least 6 weeks, and racetex B pillar was showing up as permanently unavailable so I dropped both to get the car sooner (I had waited 9 months already by then) but I still haven’t got the car so I wish I hadn’t deleted any options, there were obviously shed loads of other holdups the dealer didn’t know about culminating in the 12V battery fiasco meaning my car is in storage somewhere.

My advice is the wait is so long that if you are prepared to put up with it at all stick with the spec you want, compromise may well not help one bit.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
I was told when I was in to fix my spec in early April that Bose was causing a delay of at least 6 weeks, and racetex B pillar was showing up as permanently unavailable so I dropped both to get the car sooner (I had waited 9 months already by then) but I still haven’t got the car so I wish I hadn’t deleted any options, there were obviously shed loads of other holdups the dealer didn’t know about culminating in the 12V battery fiasco meaning my car is in storage somewhere.

My advice is the wait is so long that if you are prepared to put up with it at all stick with the spec you want, compromise may well not help one bit.
Yes thank you for this… I’ve just read your anniversary thread, bugger!

I’m 6 months waiting so far and as much as the dealer is confident it’ll be on time within the original plan I am half expecting a delay.
Sponsored