Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
This was an unexpected update from my chat session with FitcamX support. They say there is no need to hardwire to the fuse box for parking mode. I put this out to the community as extra information. You should follow up with FitcamX to verify.

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 9A572DC1-BA4C-4FC6-B348-F331FF7FF0C3
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Well dag nabbit I was not dreaming after all - good discovery and my 'phantom' vids were in fact all apparently legit! :)

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I'd be really interested to see what recordings you get when vehicle is locked and parking mode sensitivity set to low then medium then high....

Also if when rear camera connected yiu can still power from rain sensor?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also if when rear camera connected yiu can still power from rain sensor?
Yes, there is a wire that runs from the front cam to the rear cam and the rain sensor powers both.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Yes, there is a wire that runs from the front cam to the rear cam and the rain sensor powers both.
Thanks for confirming, just wasn't sure if the current draw for both cameras was low enough to use rain sensor supply.

If parking mode works powered from rain sensor this makes the unit a great buy. I haven't looked at thd quality of recording from front and rear cameras yet... must get around to searching on YouTube

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for confirming, just wasn't sure if the current draw for both cameras was low enough to use rain sensor supply.

If parking mode works powered from rain sensor this makes the unit a great buy. I haven't looked at thd quality of recording from front and rear cameras yet... must get around to searching on YouTube
The major feature it’s missing that I would love to see added at some point is GPS. It would be nice to have location and speed recorded along with video.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
The major feature it’s missing that I would love to see added at some point is GPS. It would be nice to have location and speed recorded along with video.
Yes my very old Mini 0906 dashcams that I use in 3 cars atm have gps logging so plots a map with speed. Parking mode on the 0906 has movement sensor as well as g force detection. That said if I park at the railway station the movement sensor is triggered a bit too frequently

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
On the Fitcamx website, for the Fitcamx Dash Cam for Porsche (Front 4K and Rear 1080P), under the Dual Cam Installation Tutorial, there is this statement:

*Noted: The Front and Rear Dual Cameras are only allowed to take power from the fuse box.

So just to confirm, you didn't have any issues with front and rear cameras being powered by the rain sensor then ?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So just to confirm, you didn't have any issues with front and rear cameras being powered by the rain sensor then ?
Your best bet is to reach out to their support on WhatsApp so they can answer your questions directly. I have not installed the rear cam yet because I will be switching vehicles when my new CT4 arrives, but there is no need for the fuse box wiring according to what they shipped me and what they told me via WhatsApp. I strongly suggest you reach out to them for verification though. The support link is on their website.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your best bet is to reach out to their support on WhatsApp so they can answer your questions directly. I have not installed the rear cam yet because I will be switching vehicles when my new CT4 arrives, but there is no need for the fuse box wiring according to what they shipped me and what they told me via WhatsApp. I strongly suggest you reach out to them for verification though. The support link is on their website.
Thanks ! I did reach out to them, but have not heard back yet. My apologies, I missed your earlier post about not installing the rear camera.

I'll post the response from Fitcamx when I hear back from them.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I asked the folks at FitcamX if there was a polarizing filter available since there are some serious dashboard reflections on the windscreen that show up in recordings. They don't have one specifically for this cam but they suggested a Garmin polarizing filter MIGHT work. I ordered the one they suggested and attached it using some thin double sided tape. Here are before and after screenshots from the dashcam recordings...

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation FitcamX Garmin Linear Polarizing Filter

I'll update this thread soon with pictures of the dashcam itself and a link to the polarizing filter in case anyone wants to add it to their setup.

Update:
Link to Garmin filter: Garmin Polarized Lens Cover for Dash Cam, (010-12530-18) https://a.co/fVLf5zH

Picture of filter on FitcamX:
Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation FC21CD46-AECA-4487-9F1F-82A03ED93D30

You can see the tape poking out from behind the filter. This was a quick and dirty “in place” installation. When my next CT4 arrives in a month or two I will switch the Fitcam to the new car and redo this so the tape is not visible at all.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I asked the folks at FitcamX if there was a polarizing filter available since there are some serious dashboard reflections on the windscreen that show up in recordings. They don't have one specifically for this cam but they suggested a Garmin polarizing filter MIGHT work. I ordered the one they suggested and attached it using some thin double sided tape. Here are before and after screenshots from the dashcam recordings...

FitcamX Garmin Linear Polarizing Filter.png

I'll update this thread soon with pictures of the dashcam itself and a link to the polarizing filter in case anyone wants to add it to their setup.
Thx for sharing - had a link to some polarizers in one of my threads that incredibly I have yet to test - might have been in teh Hill Country Trip report - I'll check!

Was looking for the most OEM (re FitCam lens size) I could get and did find one - BTW, I don't see the links to the Garmin lens you mentioned you had posted ... Ah, sorry just saw you're last comment :)!

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am not sure if removing reflection adds much value for its purpose.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not sure if removing reflection adds much value for its purpose.
A judgement call for sure. I’m happy with the outcome.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Heard back from Fitcamx about the rain sensor supplying power to both the front and rear cameras:

Porsche Taycan Fitcamx dashcam installation 1656459862204
Sponsored