Garage dented rim and chipped wheel

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hi,
my garage in NYC hit the tire on the curb. So now I have a dented rim and the wheel is chipped off. It’s not a flat tire - yet. I have the wheel and Tire insurance from Porsche, so can get this fix.
What do you recommend ? Tire needs to be fixed ? what should I tell Porsche - is curbside damage covered in their insurance ? Also any suggestions on dealing with the garage manager. I know, NYC garage are notorious for these. This was among the better garages, i found.

Porsche Taycan Garage dented rim and chipped wheel 0D38C948-39D7-4FEA-AF77-029B0503045B

Porsche Taycan Garage dented rim and chipped wheel 464290D7-DA07-4343-ADCD-EAF1E7946840

Porsche Taycan Garage dented rim and chipped wheel DC687A51-4154-4E14-9C66-9148C5F7A6AE

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I can’t comment on your specific insurance or case, but when I had wheel/tire insurance on a Panamera in the past, they just fixed it, no questions asked. They didn’t ask how it happened.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I can’t comment on your specific insurance or case, but when I had wheel/tire insurance on a Panamera in the past, they just fixed it, no questions asked. They didn’t ask how it happened.
Me too - my dealership fixed the scratched up rims on my Panamera under my wheel/rim insurance no questions asked

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
awesome. thank you. i’m thinking if i should fix it or wait till it’s hit more :(

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just get it fixed especially tire was damaged! Porsche will replace with new tire, but make sure to call ahead to see if they can source the tire and bring the tire in before you bring in the vehicle.

That’s why you got the insurance in the first place, no?

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just get it fixed especially tire was damaged! Porsche will replace with new tire, but make sure to call ahead to see if they can source the tire and bring the tire in before you bring in the vehicle.

That’s why you got the insurance in the first place, no?
Just to further voice my view, side wall is damaged, you would want to get it fixed ASAP! Drive with damaged tire if not that safe especially with 21 inch and NYC road…drive safe and wish you luck on getting this taken care soon.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Just to further voice my view, side wall is damaged, you would want to get it fixed ASAP! Drive with damaged tire if not that safe especially with 21 inch and NYC road…drive safe and wish you luck on getting this taken care soon.
Thanks ! yes, i’ll give them a call tm and get it fixed. i won’t take the risk. but thinking about whether I should get the rim fixed now. as it’s cosmetic. the tire takes a day but they told me rims take 2 weeks

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
It better be covered, I asked specific questions like this before taking the insurance for $2700…. They said they also cover ding repair as well.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I specifically asked for the Porsche Premier Tire and Wheel insurance because this type of damage is covered without issue by the dealer. Except, of course, for the $50 or $100 dollar deductible depending on the damage. The dealer had originally written in insurance from another company, but I made them change it to the Porsche insurance so I wouldn't have to deal with adjusters, etc.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I specifically asked for the Porsche Premier Tire and Wheel insurance because this type of damage is covered without issue by the dealer. Except, of course, for the $50 or $100 dollar deductible depending on the damage. The dealer had originally written in insurance from another company, but I made them change it to the Porsche insurance so I wouldn't have to deal with adjusters, etc.
Great tip!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hi,
my garage in NYC hit the tire on the curb. So now I have a dented rim and the wheel is chipped off. It’s not a flat tire - yet. I have the wheel and Tire insurance from Porsche, so can get this fix.
What do you recommend ? Tire needs to be fixed ? what should I tell Porsche - is curbside damage covered in their insurance ? Also any suggestions on dealing with the garage manager. I know, NYC garage are notorious for these. This was among the better garages, i found.

0D38C948-39D7-4FEA-AF77-029B0503045B.jpeg

464290D7-DA07-4343-ADCD-EAF1E7946840.jpeg

DC687A51-4154-4E14-9C66-9148C5F7A6AE.jpeg
Surely the garage's insurance should be paying out, not your?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Surely the garage's insurance should be paying out, not your?
This is a pre-packaged insurance and doesn’t really have a rate that gets affected if you make a claim. There’s no reason not to just use the insurance as it will (should) be hassle free. Trying to get the garage to pay seems like nothing but headache with no real upside.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
This is a pre-packaged insurance and doesn’t really have a rate that gets affected if you make a claim. There’s no reason not to just use the insurance as it will (should) be hassle free. Trying to get the garage to pay seems like nothing but headache with no real upside.
Yeh. Until they knock the wing mirror off next time and want you to claim that too.
If their is no consequence, then seems little incentive to look after your stuff.

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
IMO the Porsche tire insurance is one of the best ones out there. Coming from BMW, their tire insurance can't touch Porches. BMW will not cover curb rash unless the wheel it self is damaged to the point you can't safely drive. Also you have to pay for the tire replacement in advance then get reimbursed later. Porsche covers pretty much everything....no questions asked and no upfront payment/reimbursement process. When I had my Macan GTS I got a curb rash and Porsche arranged to get it repaired at no cost to me. I recently had my CT4 in service for software updates and wireless charger install...they discovered a slow leak in my rear tire and replaced it with no issues.
Sponsored