Status
Not open for further replies.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
the first six months of owning my '21 4s was a nightmare because of the baked in charging conflict that took months for porsche to acknowledge and correct.
have to make more than three visits for software updates that should have been accomplished via over the air updates that were promised but never happened my experience with the car has been less than great. this PMCC debacle showing how little porsche values it's clients doesn't reflect well on porsche.
I can live with the rattles and even the quirky software but having to waste so much time with service center visits, losing use of the cars for days at a time hasn't been good.

I probably will not remain with the car beyond it's lease period. I might even bail out early if values remain high.
Sponsored

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a MY2020, and though a few issues which have been fixed, nothing really major. Makes it sound like a quality control issue. I have not been turned off by the issues. More of what could it really be like if given a little more attention detail.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
the first six months of owning my '21 4s was a nightmare because of the baked in charging conflict that took months for porsche to acknowledge and correct.
coupled with more than three visits for software updates that should have been accomplished via over the air updates that were promised but never happened my experience with the car has been less than great. I can live with the rattles and even the quirky software but having to waste so much time with service center visits, losing use of the cars for days at a time hasn't been good.
I probably will not remain with the car beyond it's lease period. I might even bail out early if values remain high.
The big question is what car will you go to next? Once you know, google problems on that car. Ironically by that time Taycans are likely to have many problems solved too, so don't forget to compare the state of each car at the time you are switching. That said, I am by no means trying to tell you Taycan is the best car for you either, as everyone's preferences, taste, situation, etc. are different and they change too. I am switching from Tesla to Porsche, possibly jumping from a frying pan into a fire, but based on the research I've done I give it a high probability my Taycan experience will be a net positive.

Shawnwama

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Frozen Berry, BMW X1 (F48)
Country flag
My Taycan A/C is still not working for 4 months. (From June, whole summer)
I think the car quality is good, software sucks as expected, service sucks as unexpected.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Lucid just did a $600m secondary and $915m from the Saudis

When I was looking to get the Grand Touring, I was going to lease as a way to hedge against such a young company.
The therms weren't bad.
Captive through BofA

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
I will do my best to make this short and sweet. I have had two Taycan 4s in the past 3 years. I sold the first to get the second because of issues with the first one, the dealer telling me certain selections weren’t available that were, etc. You can see my prior rants elsewhere.

As you’d expect for an early adopter, I lived through numerous issues, many of which relate to software. However, my first car stopped on the road. The second’s rear glass cracked for no reason within weeks of delivery and both had numerous creaks and noises, and continuous issues.

What did it for me, though, was two-fold - even though Porsche originally claimed - even as the 2020 was released - that it would get 320 miles, I never got more than 240 on the second car (I did in the first). Furthermore, even using the Porsche software that determines charging requirements, I often had to stop mid-trip when the computer originally said I’d make it with charge to spare (and without Changing settings to be more draining on the battery). Though the recent OS upgrade helped, the Taycan needs an OS overhaul, not just patches.

What bothered me more than all of this, however, was Porsche NA’s complete lack of concern for the numerous issues I encountered, both from a dealer, and a car perspective. I bought the Taycan and was one of the first to get it, because I believed in the Porsche name and quality. And while the Taycan handles better than any other car I’ve ever been in, it’s not made well in an overall sense, and the Germans don’t care because the world think it’s a great car and Keep purchasing it.

For all its issues, if it were a $70-85k car, it’d be worth it. However, my two were close to $150k, and for that, major and consistent problems should not happen, and when They do, the manufacturer should stand behind the product or refund your money. Porsche did neither.

Just my $.02 for anyone considering buying.
$70k for a brand new Porsche!

Porsche Taycan Glad to be done with Porsche and Taycan giphy-45

Status
Not open for further replies.