philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
We have 2 kids (6 & 8) and have done 2 trips Seattle to Whistler with the 6yo in the middle - no issues! We had 3 adults, the kids and ski gear for a whistler week with our roof box and the car ate everything. The middle seat is smaller than what we are used to in the Cayenne, but wouldnt call it a waste. We just got back from Wenatchee and had another successful eWagon roadtrip!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
We have 2 kids (6 & 8) and have done 2 trips Seattle to Whistler with the 6yo in the middle - no issues! We had 3 adults, the kids and ski gear for a whistler week with our roof box and the car ate everything. The middle seat is smaller than what we are used to in the Cayenne, but wouldnt call it a waste. We just got back from Wenatchee and had another successful eWagon roadtrip!!
6 and 8 is way different than two car seats.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Welcome to the GTS club! :fist bump:
Porsche Taycan Goodbye for now! IMG_2740.JPG

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That middle seat is the only reason I could buy a Taycan... kids are 9, 6 and 3. 9 yo sits in the middle and has no complaints despite a car seat and booster to her left and right. Now 3-4 years from now, she won't be having it, but then she can sit up front. I love that middle "seat"!

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That middle seat is the only reason I could buy a Taycan... kids are 9, 6 and 3. 9 yo sits in the middle and has no complaints despite a car seat and booster to her left and right. Now 3-4 years from now, she won't be having it, but then she can sit up front. I love that middle "seat"!
again wildly different than two rear facing car seats.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Totally agreed. After I spec'd mine to 2+1, and finally saw a Taycan with it, I was like "What the heck is that?". It's useable for short drives at best, and out of the question for car seats.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hi all!

after an exciting two years with my 2020 Taycan 4S+ I have decided to move on and get into a new Porsche.

This Cayenne Coupe GTS will be my new ride for the time being. It’s handled amazingly well and won me over with improved utility and incredibly smooth ride.

I have a second child on the way and the X7 wasn’t as enjoyable as I wanted for the regular driver, while the Taycan with two car seats is very tight. So averaged it out and got this.

look forward to coming back to a Taycan soon!
Why not get the Coupé E-Hybrid, going "down" from a Taycan while still having the option for driving locally in all-electric? I wouldn't ever buy an ICE-only vehicle again... I'm personally debating between a Cayenne E-Hybrid and a Taycan right now; with long road trips every year, I'm not quite "all in" on getting a BEV with the public-charging infrastructure as poor as it is across the US (I drive a lot in the central and upper midwest and in the central and upper Rocky Mountains area).

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why not get the Coupé E-Hybrid, going "down" from a Taycan while still having the option for driving locally in all-electric? I wouldn't ever buy an ICE-only vehicle again... I'm personally debating between a Cayenne E-Hybrid and a Taycan right now; with long road trips every year, I'm not quite "all in" on getting a BEV with the public-charging infrastructure as poor as it is across the US (I drive a lot in the central and upper midwest and in the central and upper Rocky Mountains area).
I tried as hard as I could.

First in the used market there are something like 5 E Hybrid coupes in all of the USA right now. Second, a new one is possibly a year? away. So I found 1 and test drove it and it drove in an extraordinarily disappointing way.

The suspension was stiff and clumsy and busy, the acceleration was not electrical nor ice, but a disappointing combination of both. The 3.0 V6 is a deep acceleration engine with late high RPM torque, making for a very uncomfortable drive in a large SUV, while the electric engine didn't much make up for it. Turbo lag was in the seconds!

Then I drove the GTS. Firm but smooth suspension, complete body control, toe and heel acceleration at any RPM. It was like a different vehicle and very comparable to the Taycan in both acceleration feel and suspension. Its a shockingly good vehicle with significant added utility.

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Totally agreed. I wouldn't have a Taycan as my primary car with 2 little kids in any event. You made the right call. I'm just disagreeing that the middle seat is useless.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
First in the used market there are something like 5 E Hybrid coupes in all of the USA right now. Second, a new one is possibly a year? away. So I found 1 and test drove it and it drove in an extraordinarily disappointing way.

The suspension was stiff and clumsy and busy, the acceleration was not electrical nor ice, but a disappointing combination of both. The 3.0 V6 is a deep acceleration engine with late high RPM torque, making for a very uncomfortable drive in a large SUV, while the electric engine didn't much make up for it. Turbo lag was in the seconds!
OK, sounds like I should drop the Cayenne E-Hybrid from my list... What year model did you test-drive?

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK, sounds like I should drop the Cayenne E-Hybrid from my list... What year model did you test-drive?
2020 base e hybrid. Turbo S E is likely a different beast. If you are coming from a Taycan it will almost certainly be a disappointment. I tried every model in the line and the GTS is an amazingly good analogy for a Taycan 4S+ in suv form.

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Older Tesla P85DL+, Shopping for a Taycan
Country flag
I don't see a problem with the wagon, and love the extra storage. My wife on the other hand also hates the hatchback style!

Sure by the time one of those comes in it’ll be 2024. But in seriousness I’m just not a wagon fan.

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Older Tesla P85DL+, Shopping for a Taycan
Country flag
Hi all!

after an exciting two years with my 2020 Taycan 4S+ I have decided to move on and get into a new Porsche.
2C57FB06-2EA3-48DD-B7B3-F1F5E513819D.jpeg

Oh wow what a beautiful SUV, love the colour, wheels, and brakes! The GTS is great place to be.

This Cayenne Coupe GTS will be my new ride for the time being. It’s handled amazingly well and won me over with improved utility and incredibly smooth ride.

I have a second child on the way and the X7 wasn’t as enjoyable as I wanted for the regular driver, while the Taycan with two car seats is very tight. So averaged it out and got this.

look forward to coming back to a Taycan soon!