Djay73

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser, Cayenne
Country flag
I went to my local grocery store and parked in a EV charging spot. Charger was not functioning so I didn't bother connecting the cable to the car. Found the charging cable hung on the sideview mirror with the note on my windshield when I came out. I guess someone thought it was an ICE car?🤷‍♂️ Anyway, I thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it as my kids and I did.
Porsche Taycan Got a "ticket" for parking in a EV spot 20231024_182500
Sponsored

Marcad80

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I would have looked around for an EV parked in a normal spot and hung a note on his window saying “before you hang notes on cars you should learn what an Electric Vehicle is, a Porsche Taycan is one!”

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
Probably a Chevy Bolt owner who sits at a 350 kW charger thinking it will charge his car faster. Some people are clueless.
I have a Bolt and a Taycan. Stupid comment.

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I went to my local grocery store and parked in a EV charging spot. Charger was not functioning so I didn't bother connecting the cable to the car. Found the charging cable hung on the sideview mirror with the note on my windshield when I came out. I guess someone thought it was an ICE car?🤷‍♂️ Anyway, I thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it as my kids and I did.
Funny 😀

but if the charger wasn‘t working, why park there? it could start working 30 seconds later, or potentially work for someone else and you just tied up the space.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I would have looked around for an EV parked in a normal spot and hung a note on his window saying “before you hang notes on cars you should learn what an Electric Vehicle is, a Porsche Taycan is one!”
"I would have parked in a handicapped space, but didn't want to deprive you of it".

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
I have a Bolt and a Taycan. Stupid comment.
But I bet you don't occupy a 350 charger with your Bolt. If you have visited a few EA chargers it's pretty obvious that some people don't get it, or don't care. Bolts at a 350 are a frequent subject of rants on this forum, so was the comment a little snarky? Probably. Stupid? Not if it is frequently true. And whoever left the OP a note was kind of clueless, which was actually the point of my post.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
But I bet you don't occupy a 350 charger with your Bolt. If you have visited a few EA chargers it's pretty obvious that some people don't get it, or don't care. Bolts at a 350 are a frequent subject of rants on this forum, so was the comment a little snarky? Probably. Stupid? Not if it is frequently true. And whoever left the OP a note was kind of clueless, which was actually the point of my post.
Blame EA for that. They should make all the chargers the same in the first place. My local stations have been swapped up with the newer stalls now, so they are all up to 350kW.

OP
OP

Djay73

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser, Cayenne
Country flag
Funny 😀

but if the charger wasn‘t working, why park there? it could start working 30 seconds later, or potentially work for someone else and you just tied up the space.
The screen was black and cracked. It was pretty clear it was broken. I don't think it would've worked for anybody. Why waste a parking space?