Got my 4s today... not quite perfect but what a drive!

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Prior to ordering a Taycan I had close to zero interest in cars, but having spent so long on these forums I regularly come across these types of posts and go "Oh cool! Rob has his car now" and feeling delighted for you. Enjoy!

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Prior to ordering a Taycan I had close to zero interest in cars, but having spent so long on these forums I regularly come across these types of posts and go "Oh cool! Rob has his car now" and feeling delighted for you. Enjoy!
I know, it's crazy isn't it!

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I also had mine delivered Wednesday evening and PCM and Connect not working. LOVE THE CAR THOUGH.

26028CBE-DE31-423B-911C-202182424EA2.jpeg
Nice! My issue was that the PCM would not search for a phone (option was greyed out) but a few hours later the option became active and was able to complete setup. Got a stack of infotainment updates just after that... sync/lag on servers I suspect.

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice! My issue was that the PCM would not search for a phone (option was greyed out) but a few hours later the option became active and was able to complete setup. Got a stack of infotainment updates just after that... sync/lag on servers I suspect.
Will give it another try. Had mine delivered to Norwich from Wolverhampton so it is a long way back to the dealer.

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Indeed! I had mine from same dealer... do you have the same phone issue or ID connection problem?
I don’t think the dealer connects anything to the car though. Did you get a manual with the car, I didn’t get one?

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I don’t think the dealer connects anything to the car though. Did you get a manual with the car, I didn’t get one?
They normally:

1. Send you an activation email to create a Porsche connect account.
2. They will then ask for your login details
3. They will then enter same into car PCM to link

Clearly you can do points 2 and 3 yourself if uneasy at them having login details. Presume you have had 1.?

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They normally:

1. Send you an activation email to create a Porsche connect account.
2. They will then ask for your login details
3. They will then enter same into car PCM to link

Clearly you can do points 2 and 3 yourself if uneasy at them having login details. Presume you have had 1.?
I was sent the email, can log in to the my Porsche app and connect app and it syncs with my phone but when I go to connect the PCM and log in it won’t recognise the id and password (even though I can log into the apps and Porsche website.). A tad annoyed by this as I have spent ages reading everything up yet I cannot use it. Never ever paid as much attention to a car and it’s running as this one.

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I was sent the email, can log in to the my Porsche app and connect app and it syncs with my phone but when I go to connect the PCM and log in it won’t recognise the id and password (even though I can log into the apps and Porsche website.). A tad annoyed by this as I have spent ages reading everything up yet I cannot use it. Never ever paid as much attention to a car and it’s running as this one.
Yes, it's more like a new system than a car isn't it. There is a thread for resetting/fixing this... hang on... apologies if already seen and/or tried this:

Solved: [Re]Activating Porsche ID to solve Porsche Connect issues

Deleted member 2250

So the PCM and Connect are not working well... more on that later... back in next week for a fix but otherwise, what a machine!

IMG_5362.jpg

IMG_5363.jpg
Love the gentian blue!

Seems to be lots of little niggles which are getting ironed out OTA.
But certainly get your OPC to reset it. Shouldn't take too long.

Congrats all the same!