Grey Login button - must use guest account

6offsetin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
At least two of us have documented that sometimes the Porsche Portal logs us onto the wrong countries servers. (GB instead of USA) Although this is for the online Connect functions (Web Portal), I wonder if it could be related?
I noticed the same thing. Via the web portal I was redirected to the UK site.

If you go via login.etcetc and pick the correct country it seems ok. But it's annoying that it doesn't automatically know this.
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Another FAIL in the Porsche Software World... :mad:

Make sure you use the https://login.porsche.com/login/us/en_US# link to log in so you get the correct country. If you leave it up to Porsche with their generic link (https://connect-portal.porsche.com) they mostly get it wrong!

I've told them about this and even forwarded screen shots... Once again, all I hear is crickets...

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
It's sad how dogshit the Porsche software experience is, especially for a car you can build and option to cost a quarter of a million dollars. They should just completely remove these as advertised features, so that way when they don't work, we aren't so salty.

I knew it was going to be bad when I bought my 4S, and let's be real, none of us bought this car for the software and over air tech features, but it's still disappointing that they can't get basic things like logging in right. Living in Texas, I love being able to precondition my Tesla from my phone 15 minutes before I know I'm heading to the car in our hot summers. Anytime I try and do this with my Porsche, the app craps all over itself and I have to sometimes delete and re-install the whole thing. Not a deal breaker, but don't advertise features that aren't truly functional yet.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
It's sad how dogshit the Porsche software experience is, especially for a car you can build and option to cost a quarter of a million dollars. They should just completely remove these as advertised features, so that way when they don't work, we aren't so salty.

I knew it was going to be bad when I bought my 4S, and let's be real, none of us bought this car for the software and over air tech features, but it's still disappointing that they can't get basic things like logging in right. Living in Texas, I love being able to precondition my Tesla from my phone 15 minutes before I know I'm heading to the car in our hot summers. Anytime I try and do this with my Porsche, the app craps all over itself and I have to sometimes delete and re-install the whole thing. Not a deal breaker, but don't advertise features that aren't truly functional yet.
It would be easier to ignore those apps (Charging NA and Porsche Connect) if they were not required to get the "free" charging we all PAID FOR when we purchased the cars.

Maybe this is some sort of brilliant scheme for Porsche to save on Charging Fee's?

Sure, you can call Electrify America each and every time you need a charge and your app(s) fail(s). You can explain the situation over and over to each new customer support person you talk to ("apps don't work"). ...but only those in complete denial will consider this an acceptable solution.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Sure, you can call Electrify America each and every time you need a charge and your app(s) fail(s). You can explain the situation over and over to each new customer support person you talk to ("apps don't work"). ...but only those in complete denial will consider this an acceptable solution.

I agree, Porsche really needs to take a page from Tesla's plug and go system. No apps needed, even if you have to pay, it's done through your account automatically and your car records the energy and charge. The app is conveniently there if you need it, but it's not necessary. Supposedly a fix is coming soon, but I'm not holding my breath. These are things that should have been sorted well before launch.

When I took a recent trip from West Texas to Phoenix with my family, we had originally planned to use the Porsche to give the EA network a proper look, especially since the charges would have taken less time. I drove to a couple nearby stations to get a feel for them and the app was a turd, kept disconnecting, and I eventually got frustrated at one of them and did exactly as you said, paid my money then called EA for a refund. That's not to mention at each location 1 or more of the charging stations was down or being ICE'd, or both. We ultimately took my wife's Model X and is was a flawless experience.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
... Make sure you use the https://login.porsche.com/login/us/en_US# link to log in so you get the correct country. If you leave it up to Porsche with their generic link (https://connect-portal.porsche.com) they mostly get it wrong! ...
Like several Taycan purchasers, Ed is a software expert. Me, not so much - just an Excel jock.
In addition to Ed's comment, here are my thoughts about the Porsche connected car world:

Today, all connections to your car go through servers in Germany – software speed is not a top Porsche priority, and the multiple software programs have trouble ensuring you are a legitimate user (in addition to bugs). We personally are not having any problems. Here are some hints that may reduce connection issues on a new Taycan or other connected Porsche (they may have worked for us).
  • Configure My Porsche, Porsche Connect & the car with identical personal information
    • lower case email address (some systems are legacy)
    • <14 digits in password
    • Exclamation (!) is the only special character in password
    • PIN (four digits, also use the same PIN on charger)
    • Porsche release code (from Porsche or your salesperson)
    • Same region, country, and language
    • Same credit card on My Porsche & Porsche Connect
Cannot say if this is required, but it may have helped us.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here are some hints that may reduce connection issues on a new Taycan or other connected Porsche (they may have worked for us).
  • Configure My Porsche, Porsche Connect & the car with identical personal information
    • lower case email address (some systems are legacy)
    • <14 digits in password
    • Exclamation (!) is the only special character in password
Just picked up my Taycan today and I was able to connect the Taycan to my Porsche Connect ID with a 20 character password that has upper/lower case letters and dash symbols only. That's the password that Apple generated on my Mac and it worked first try in the car. Seems that Porsche has fixed prior issues accepting complex passwords in the car.

Heinekennut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 Range Rover Sport, 1973 TR6
Country flag
I took a leap of faith 10 days ago and traded my Mercedes C63S AMG for a Taycan. I’ve been in a loaner for 6 days while they try to figure out the grayed out login button. Porsche say it’s not the car, Connect service say it is the car, dealership waiting to hear how to proceed. Feeling I’ve made $150,000 mistake here. Dealership begging me to give them a 10/10 survey rating “Porsche don’t see the survey”. I got a call from Porsche N. America at 6 am saying they had questions and in the voicemail told me to call her or email her.....no phone number or email address left. Is this the Porsche “Luxury” brand I’d heard so much about......not seeing it. ?

Last edited:

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up the 4S at the weekend, but hit the greyed out login button issue at the dealer. He suggested calling support on Monday, which I did. The agent didn‘t even suggest anything, but instead went straight to escalating the issue to Germany. All he asked for was a photo of the screen with the button greyed out.

Later, he called back to ask some questions, and to suggest a shorter password. None of that made a difference. I’ve tried factory reset. I’ve tried various locations to get better signal. So far, no luck; I’m still in guest mode with no access to the services that I see pending in my Porsche account.

I am surprised that we are six months on from the original post here and this is still a problem. Also surprising that the support team don’t have an immediate solution, but instead are forced to escalate it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Picked up the 4S at the weekend, but hit the greyed out login button issue at the dealer. He suggested calling support on Monday, which I did. The agent didn‘t even suggest anything, but instead went straight to escalating the issue to Germany. All he asked for was a photo of the screen with the button greyed out.

Later, he called back to ask some questions, and to suggest a shorter password. None of that made a difference. I’ve tried factory reset. I’ve tried various locations to get better signal. So far, no luck; I’m still in guest mode with no access to the services that I see pending in my Porsche account.

I am surprised that we are six months on from the original post here and this is still a problem. Also surprising that the support team don’t have an immediate solution, but instead are forced to escalate it.
Basic question, has your dealer set up all the required background registration for your Porsche Connect ID and subscribed services? Did you receive activation emails from Porsche Connect re these services saying they were now active?

I’m assuming ‘yes’ to all but worth checking.

Sometimes locking the car, leaving it, open with the other key (sounds mad I know) can kick start things.

I’ve had this before and switching keys worked as did a full PCM reset.

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Basic question, has your dealer set up all the required background registration for your Porsche Connect ID and subscribed services? Did you receive activation emails from Porsche Connect re these services saying they were now active?

I’m assuming ‘yes’ to all but worth checking.

Sometimes locking the car, leaving it, open with the other key (sounds mad I know) can kick start things.

I’ve had this before and switching keys worked as did a full PCM reset.
Yes, all the registration is set up and I see all of that when I log into the web account. The dealer has also confirmed that the RDR was completed.

I will try unlocking with the second key and see if that works.

it would be so much more helpful if, rather than just saying the function was unavailable they could give a reason why.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

This happened to me when I picked up my car two weeks ago. I actually left it with them but they weren’t to solve it right away. I picked up the car the next day and drove it for two days when I got a call from the dealer saying Porsche was able to push an update to car - immediately went to check as was able to login just fine. There is hope they can resolve this remotely like they did for me.
Sponsored