wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
My wife is disabled, so in our existing Porsche cars (no Taycan yet) I manually lock with the remote After closing the driver’s door but before all doors are closed. When the last door closes, the cars are locked. Hope it works the same in the Taycan.
Sponsored

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are you sure you have actually locked it? I have mirrors close when locked, that way you know it’s locked. Door handles will close after a couple of minutes even with the car unlocked.
I think so. It seems like it checks again for the key when you do that in the same way it will open the trunk to a foot kick even if the handles aren’t presented. But I’ll experiment more . :)

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks guys. @HelfFL I read that in the manual as well but I recall being told you could just walk away and it auto locks...maybe it’s just the handles going in and the SA thought that meant locking. I figured since my Mini Cooper auto-locks then of course a car 4x the price would have that.
David, I just tried it again - mine does not auto lock after walking away - I have to lock by either pressing lock button on the key or the comfort access sensor on the door handle. I also tried to turn power off with power button and then walk away from the car but it still doesn’t lock automatically.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
David, I just tried it again - mine does not auto lock after walking away - I have to lock by either pressing lock button on the key or the comfort access sensor on the door handle. I also tried to turn power off with power button and then walk away from the car but it still doesn’t lock automatically.
Thank you, unfortunate that is the fact but happy this wasn’t an accidental omission from the manual. Really appreciate the extra step to validate.

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am also experiencing the same problem but mainly on the exit of the car rather than the entry. It usually takes 3-4 tries of the door handle button to lock the car and involves turning so that my pocket with the key is right next to the door handle. Most of the time it ends up taking too long so I just start walking away and pressing the lock button on the key. So much for "comfort" access. But I still love this car!!
Same! Doors don’t lock on first press of the handle, or sometimes never works.
How does auto lock work??

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always park and lock from the outside, but this is one of the minor annoyances about this car compared to the Tesla. Why does it have to be "shut down" or locked manually. You should be able to put it in park and walk away and it turns off and locks automatically.

Also, the handle sensor locking is terrible in my experience. My wife has a 2016 Volvo that reacts 20x faster than this thing and is consistent. I have to hold my finger on it, swipe it, push it and sometimes it locks in 3-5 seconds (fastest), other times it is longer or I give up and push the button on the key. Anyone else have the same experience? This probably requires a separate thread.
It never works right. My daughter has a Honda Fit that auto locks when you walk away from the car. And her handles always work!

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tip for new owners: to lock the car after turning it off, place your fingers on the rear door handle and wait. It seems to be checking whether the keys are in the car and is happier when they are farther away. It can’t be recalibrated (per the dealer) but got better with the update.
Sponsored