GTS 2023 or Turbo S 2021?!

Price being the same which one would you get?! Taycan 2023 GTS OR 2021 Turbo S?

• Total voters

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 360 spider, Jaguar I-pace, VW Karmann Ghia
Country flag
With the Tycan we now have a drag quality car with the luxury of a high end brand and a look of a sexy car between a sports car and a lux car.
Keep remembering when Jerry Sienfeld said in an interview the same thing that he loves Porsche because the overall experience is superior that any other car.
decades of chasis, engine, steering etc. has gone into this.
I'm inclined to categorically agree with you. Again, a dragster does 0-60 in 0.4 seconds which is about 650% faster than our cars but it's all relative. We're in street cars with luxury amenities, the comparison is moot. The Tesla Plaid is actually a bit faster in a straight line, it does 0-60 in 1.99 seconds but the Tesla is devoid of handling and all the other visceral experience that comes from a pedigreed sport car. Here again the 0-60 being only ONE characteristic of a car.

The Jag is also a well sorted car in all aspects, the Brit's did a fantastic job on designing an EV that is built in Austria. After a couple weeks in the Taycan, the Jag felt much different.....perhaps like a Tacyan blended with a Macan.

Yeah, I was thinking of programming an 'individual' mode to a chassis height and regen on but it sounds like regen is always going to be an activation at each drive. You know, that actually warrants discussion! The Jag, when regen is set to 'high' is very much one-pedal; you ENTIRELY focus on the line and walking that threshold of traction....you modulate both power and reduction in speed with one foot. The Taycan is less intuitive in that respect, it sacrifices that quality on account of it's paying homage to the 911...almost as if they didn't want to upset the customer base. More than anything they tried to make it an electric 911 and it's been documented that they used the 911 as the benchmark. Ideally, it's all something that's programmable: I would have strongly preferred they offer the user to be able to dial-in and adjust the degree of regen. Also, even when regen is on, it's just marginal but does help to gradually bleed speed as you approach an offramp.

But YES, when driving the Taycan I do feel a sense of decades and generations of innovation, technology and a striving for perfection in automotive excellence.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sepehr

Sepehr

First Name
Sepehr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I'm inclined to categorically agree with you. Again, a dragster does 0-60 in 0.4 seconds which is about 650% faster than our cars but it's all relative. We're in street cars with luxury amenities, the comparison is moot. The Tesla Plaid is actually a bit faster in a straight line, it does 0-60 in 1.99 seconds but the Tesla is devoid of handling and all the other visceral experience that comes from a pedigreed sport car. Here again the 0-60 being only ONE characteristic of a car.

The Jag is also a well sorted car in all aspects, the Brit's did a fantastic job on designing an EV that is built in Austria. After a couple weeks in the Taycan, the Jag felt much different.....perhaps like a Tacyan blended with a Macan.

Yeah, I was thinking of programming an 'individual' mode to a chassis height and regen on but it sounds like regen is always going to be an activation at each drive. You know, that actually warrants discussion! The Jag, when regen is set to 'high' is very much one-pedal; you ENTIRELY focus on the line and walking that threshold of traction....you modulate both power and reduction in speed with one foot. The Taycan is less intuitive in that respect, it sacrifices that quality on account of it's paying homage to the 911...almost as if they didn't want to upset the customer base. More than anything they tried to make it an electric 911 and it's been documented that they used the 911 as the benchmark. Ideally, it's all something that's programmable: I would have strongly preferred they offer the user to be able to dial-in and adjust the degree of regen. Also, even when regen is on, it's just marginal but does help to gradually bleed speed as you approach an offramp.

But YES, when driving the Taycan I do feel a sense of decades and generations of innovation, technology and a striving for perfection in automotive excellence.
100% I have tried the Tesla Regen,,,, thats the only I have tried but I absolutely hated it...I felt like vomiting after 30 minutes especially if someone else is driving. I was very surprised with the sneakiness the Porsche Regen has though. I'm sure you have experienced it, the car regen doesnt kick in and allows you to cruise until it sees an obstacle approaching you like a car in front of you slowing down, it only kicks in there and slows you down just the right amount. Sometimes I find myself never pressing the brake for a good while until I need to get to a full stop. I found this to be much more useful that the Tesla. So for now, until I experience a better regen, this is my favorite.
By all you say the Jag seems to be worth the check! Maybe next car,,, I really like the new designs.

OP
OP
Sepehr

Sepehr

First Name
Sepehr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
100% I have tried the Tesla Regen,,,, thats the only I have tried but I absolutely hated it...I felt like vomiting after 30 minutes especially if someone else is driving. I was very surprised with the sneakiness the Porsche Regen has though. I'm sure you have experienced it, the car regen doesnt kick in and allows you to cruise until it sees an obstacle approaching you like a car in front of you slowing down, it only kicks in there and slows you down just the right amount. Sometimes I find myself never pressing the brake for a good while until I need to get to a full stop. I found this to be much more useful that the Tesla. So for now, until I experience a better regen, this is my favorite.
By all you say the Jag seems to be worth the check! Maybe next car,,, I really like the new designs.
forgot to mention that if you create an INDIVIDUAL mode with Regen ON, it will always have it ON when you switch to INDIVIDUAL mode. And I think the Regen degree will come! Seems like a software thing really.

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 360 spider, Jaguar I-pace, VW Karmann Ghia
Country flag
So wait a minute
forgot to mention that if you create an INDIVIDUAL mode with Regen ON, it will always have it ON when you switch to INDIVIDUAL mode. And I think the Regen degree will come! Seems like a software thing really.
So wait a minute... if I turn regen on, it comes on when I lift off thre accelerator but only just a bit. Are you saying putting it into 'auto' brings the regen on stronger than a modest amount to the point that we almost don't need the brake? I'm still about 2 weeks into this car and still learning

OP
OP
Sepehr

Sepehr

First Name
Sepehr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
So wait a minute
So wait a minute... if I turn regen on, it comes on when I lift off thre accelerator but only just a bit. Are you saying putting it into 'auto' brings the regen on stronger than a modest amount to the point that we almost don't need the brake? I'm still about 2 weeks into this car and still learning
Yes and it does it VERY intelligently making yoir drive smooth and seamless… always use it in Auto!