GTS 2023 or Turbo S 2021?!

Price being the same which one would you get?! Taycan 2023 GTS OR 2021 Turbo S?

• Total voters

Sepehr

First Name
Sepehr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
So im in the process of buying a new Taycan. The price of a 2023 GTS and a 2021 Turbo S is almost the same…

which one is a better deal considering the changes that have been made since 2021?!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sepehr

Sepehr

First Name
Sepehr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Yep, Turbo 2022 is the sweet spot in my opinion
Thanks! Strange the voting is showing GTS as the definite winner…. Why would that be? I thought Taycans between 2022 and 2023 are almost identical… arent they?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thanks! Strange the voting is showing GTS as the definite winner…. Why would that be? I thought Taycans between 2022 and 2023 are almost identical… arent they?
The GTS is a bit of anomaly- the rest of the Taycan range can be optioned to get a more or less identical build apart from power output (the price increments between models get you a power increment plus a bundle of features that would be cost options on the lower base-priced models). The GTS gets much less of a power increment (over the 4S), but it has unique dynamic tuning of suspension and other systems, and much of its appeal is GTS-specific cosmetic features (some of which are substantial cost options only available for the GTS).

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Assuming the Turbo S is new and the spec is desirable, I’d pick it. But if not, I’d spec the GTS the way you want it.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
So im in the process of buying a new Taycan. The price of a 2023 GTS and a 2021 Turbo S is almost the same…

which one is a better deal considering the changes that have been made since 2021?!
Comparing a car that exists and is available to one that you would have to order and go through the saga of Porsche mishaps, fumbles, and poor communication, the choice for me is obvious….if the 2021 spec is to your taste.

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
While the GTS is what I’m getting, dealing with the shenanigans of ordering a new car right now is infuriating. I’d go for the ‘22 turbo. I honestly think the turbo is the pick of the litter, despite the GTS-specific chassis tuning.

OP
OP
Sepehr

Sepehr

First Name
Sepehr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Comparing a car that exists and is available to one that you would have to order and go through the saga of Porsche mishaps, fumbles, and poor communication, the choice for me is obvious….if the 2021 spec is to your taste.
You said it,,, i had an allocation and a week before my lockup they called and said we cant do either Bose or Burmester so u need to get it with the stabdard speaker… that was a big enough of a deal breaker for me…. Just blew my mind that Porsche can manage their supply chain so horribly and yet Tesla keeps pumping their cars out.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I would wait for the Turbo GT 😄
Seriously though we love our turbo so it was a no brainer vote

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If TurboS is available today, i’d go for it.
IMO, there’s no sense to wait a year (or more) for a new car.

JDNEPA

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Agree - Turbo S all things being equal. Why wouldn't you get the highest MSRP if all are equal on price? If not, I'd go best spec'd (probably would be GTS but without build sheets that's an assumption). There is an incoming GTS at my local dealer for $175k. Reviewed it's spec and I'd take a similar parity spec Turbo and Turbo S all day long and twice on Sunday at that price point...

OP
OP
Sepehr

Sepehr

First Name
Sepehr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
OK, thank you team for all your help… I finally went with the Turbo S 2021 Which had the highest MSRP of 214K and i got it for 185K. It only has 2K Miles on it. Do you think it Was a good deal? This is the build sheet.

Porsche Taycan GTS 2023 or Turbo S 2021?! image

Reactions: B61