GTS Orders UK

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Any update from those with Sport Turismo orders in the UK, who were supposedly due to have one of the first cars at their OPCs?

With factory shutdown in the Summer, if your order is not already locked, it looks as though deliveries will now been in September?
Some of us who put deposits down as 'recently' as early Feb have been contacted in recent days.

All our dealers have told us is they still have no idea when allocations will come in - they expect the first "more influx towards end of the year... so can start fulfilling orders".

This means an expected delivery time around 13-18 months for those who put deposits down in Feb.

If you put a deposit down in March, April or May, add two months for every month forward as an estimate and to give some idea of delivery expectations. That is, if you put a deposit down in May, expect a 24 month wait.
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Some of us who put deposits down as 'recently' as early Feb have been contacted in recent days.

All our dealers have told us is they still have no idea when allocations will come in - they expect the first "at the end of the year".

This means an expected delivery time around 13-18 months for those who put deposits down in Feb.

If you put a deposit down in March, April or May, add two months for every month forward as an estimate and to give some idea of delivery expectations.
Thanks!

And if you had a LOI in ahead of the official announcement and then put down a deposit on release day, what does that mean?!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks!

And if you had a LOI in ahead of the official announcement and then put down a deposit on release day, what does that mean?!
Erm... Xmas present perhaps IF you are lucky and then only IF you have been a good boy this year.

It seems even that has no set time to it and it is likely - based on forum feedback - that some buyers may get a lucky allocation depending on the dealer. They all have different numbers of allocations and quite likely give preferential treatment to their whale clients, which I totally understand even if it does seem unfair.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag

All our dealers have told us is they still have no idea when allocations will come in - they expect the first "more influx towards end of the year... so can start fulfilling orders".

If you put a deposit down in March, April or May, add two months for every month forward as an estimate and to give some idea of delivery expectations. That is, if you put a deposit down in May, expect a 24 month wait.
I ordered first week of Jan 2022 and have heard nothing now for almost 2 months.

Last edited:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered first week and Jan and have heard nothing now for almost 2 months.
That's the norm. Even trying to lock down a GTS ST for the PEC is a mission.

They only have GTS saloons available.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
That's the norm. Even trying to lock down a GTS ST for the PEC is a mission.

They only have GTS saloons available.
Did you not see the picture i shared previously?
I was told the same when I was down last month and there was a lovely new 2022 plate Carmine Red St in the car park.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Thanks!

In my case (GTS ST) it means no further info at all and no sniff of an allocation or lock date yet!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you not see the picture i shared previously?
I was told the same when I was down last month and there was a lovely new 2022 plate Carmine Red St in the car park.
I saw! I have managed to lock in a PEC day with a GTS ST, but there were very few open sessions available into September.

Hopefully that will be the car available on the day, especially as Carmine Red has been my colour all along, even when going through every PTS colour. I can then make a final decision.

Looking forward to it - your PEC appeared to be have been a blast!

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
I was in Porsche on Saturday and they are saying oct/nov 2024 for the saloon

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I was in Porsche on Saturday and they are saying oct/nov 2024 for the saloon
Picking up my GTS this week. Was told a similar timescale for any new orders placed now.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
In my case (GTS ST) it means no further info at all and no sniff of an allocation or lock date yet!
Well, at least someone else is in the same boat as me, although I’m not sure if that is any consolation for either of us?

My OPC is getting fed up with me asking for an update, but otherwise there has been radio silence. If it doesn’t arrive for 6 months that’s fine, there’s bigger things happening in the world at the moment. My worry is that my OPC is prioritising other customers over me, but I don’t think that is the case.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Orders mine today. It’s gonna be such a long wait :(
If you are purchasing it through salary sacrifice keep a close eye on BIK. My guess is 5% by April 2025.

On a lightly optioned GTS that is £5,750-£6,500 barely a few months into ownership. Factor in inflation rates of 4-5% then add that on top of your lease costs...

Oh and a potential big hike in price meaning that same Taycan has cost you £10k more. BIK is now nearer £7k annually.

I am planning on selling my GTS by March 2025 on the assumption it's delivered late Q2 or early Q3 next year and the above change to BIK happens. Over two years that is one hell of a nice holiday I could have funded.

If my order is delayed longer, I will probably cancel. Pointless having the car for one year.

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Thanks!

I ordered (GTS ST) on launch day (and paid deposit beforehand), and haven’t heard a thing. I’m visiting my Porsche centre on Saturday to discuss spec, but not holding out any hope of an allocation update…

WGR

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
If you are purchasing it through salary sacrifice keep a close eye on BIK. My guess is 5% by April 2025.

On a lightly optioned GTS that is £5,750-£6,500 barely a few months into ownership. Factor in inflation rates of 4-5% then add that on top of your lease costs...

Oh and a potential big hike in price meaning that same Taycan has cost you £10k more. BIK is now nearer £7k annually.

I am planning on selling my GTS by March 2025 on the assumption it's delivered late Q2 or early Q3 next year and the above change to BIK happens. Over two years that is one hell of a nice holiday I could have funded.

If my order is delayed longer, I will probably cancel. Pointless having the car for one year.
You can avoid BIK by selling the car, but what will you do instead?
Sponsored