GTS USA status

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
Wanted to start a GTS sedan/ST thread for the USA. Some of our fortunate forum members in the EU/UK have taken delivery. I am unaware of any deliveries in the U.S. to date.

I received my allocation and placed my order in early December. With an initial build date scheduled for 4/8/22 and delivery on 5/20/22. That has moved twice leading to a delay of about a month -- delivery scheduled for 6/24. Just checked the TYD this morning with a dreaded TBD notification across the board.

How are other USA members faring?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Note I don't think any EU/UK customer has had a bespoke built GTS ST delivered yet - only the saloon.

Where anyone has an ST, it was a pre-ordered dealer spec and wasn't their personal spec.

Here in the UK at least, there is no solid information, even from dealers, about when the first ST build slots will be delivered - other than "late 2022/early 2023".

Would be interesting to hear if any US buyers have been given alternative information specifically about the ST, which is the new body style, so conceivably might have longer lead times.

shannond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
My dealer stock GTS sedan has been sitting in the SD port since 3/18. No updates on when it will be released. Out of the same ship, at least one RWD has already been delivered to the dealer.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have exactly same timeline as yours for a Sedan. Been advised similar delay as well from my SA.

This waiting is nerrrrrve-wrecking:headbang:

But, understanding the current world situation. I have no complain what-so-ever. Just wish things can go back to normal ASAP.

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have exactly same timeline as yours for a Sedan. Been advised similar delay as well from my SA.

This waiting is nerrrrrve-wrecking:headbang:

But, understanding the current world situation. I have no complain what-so-ever. Just wish things can go back to normal ASAP.
Agree, not insensitive to current world tragedies. Just trying to get a sense of where other stand. (also ordered a sedan).

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
GTS sedan: Estimated time of arrival is 6/17, with production scheduled for 4/22. It was originally supposed to be end of April when I placed the order.

Reactions: jcg
OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GTS sedan: Estimated time of arrival is 6/17, with production scheduled for 4/22. It was originally supposed to be end of April when I placed the order.
Glad you still have estimated dates for the near future on TYD!!

spicyypenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ordered)
Country flag
I placed the order for my GTS sedan in November and got the allocation in December.

Freeze date was suppose to have been this week, production start was scheduled for 04/15, and delivery was estimated for late July. However, TYD currently shows TBD across the board, hopefully we’ll get some more updates soon.

Last edited:

drkgt3rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS
Country flag
GTS Sedan. Original date of completion was 3/18 which is pushed to 4/15.

Christ0pherus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster GTS
Country flag
My GTS sedan build was locked in yesterday. I’m still seeing production scheduled on 4/15, starting 5/6, and completing on 5/13. Before the chaos, the ETA was 6/24 and has since moved to 7/15.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With the few replies, it appears that the initial US allotment for customized
GTS sedans was for May-June delivery and maybe April for dealer specced cars.

It will be interesting to see how this evolves. Hopefully, without tremendous delays.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
I originally had a 6/3 delivery date which slipped to 6/24 in early March. I've been TBD for a week or so now.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just to throw it out there. Deposit for GTS ST placed 1/25/22, not much info since then. Estimate at that time was order lock June/July lock and Sept/Oct delivery. No clue if that will hold. Hope for some clarity by may.

BMFC73

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS on Order
Country flag
Wanted to start a GTS sedan/ST thread for the USA. Some of our fortunate forum members in the EU/UK have taken delivery. I am unaware of any deliveries in the U.S. to date.

I received my allocation and placed my order in early December. With an initial build date scheduled for 4/8/22 and delivery on 5/20/22. That has moved twice leading to a delay of about a month -- delivery scheduled for 6/24. Just checked the TYD this morning with a dreaded TBD notification across the board.

How are other USA members faring?
My build was supposed to begin 4-5-22 for a 6-3-22 delivery only to have that pushed back to 6-24, and now similar to you I have the dreaded TBD’s all over the Track Your Dream. Disappointing for sure, but in light of what’s going on around the world not surprising. Fingers crossed it’s delivered before the end of the summer months here on the East Coast.

BMFC73

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS on Order
Country flag
I assume you’ve checked the tracker recently?
Sponsored