SlyStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Tesla Model X Pld, '24 GLS450
Country flag
GTS Sedan here (US). My freeze point is in 4 days. Still showing delivery July 1st, which hasn't changed for the past month or so. I think the total slip in date from when i ordered is maybe 2 weeks? I can't remember the original arrival date.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' BMW X5, 22' Taycan GTS
Country flag
My build was supposed to begin 4-5-22 for a 6-3-22 delivery only to have that pushed back to 6-24, and now similar to you I have the dreaded TBD’s all over the Track Your Dream. Disappointing for sure, but in light of what’s going on around the world not surprising. Fingers crossed it’s delivered before the end of the summer months here on the East Coast.
Exact progression I saw as well.

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
I placed a deposit in November for a GTS sedan. In mid-February, I received an allocation and my delivery was initially slated for 6/24. It has since been pushed back to a delivery of 7/15. My order freezes next Friday.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
I placed a large deposit for a GTS ST in November when it was announced, supposedly first in line at my dealer, no allocation yet but was expected March/April, haven’t heard anything yet.

originally was estimated it would maybe be ready by July, with everything going on I pretty much assumed it would be a year before I would potentially get it, so not too anxious or anything.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
You guys seem to get allocations much more quickly than here in the UK....Not sure what difference it makes to lead times. Some of the above are same as here, some sooner.

I guess you have a lot more dealers relative to sales volumes...?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
You guys seem to get allocations much more quickly than here in the UK....Not sure what difference it makes to lead times. Some of the above are same as here, some sooner.

I guess you have a lot more dealers relative to sales volumes...?
Market size. After China, the USA is Porsche's second largest market. They shift 2.5x the number of cars yearly than their home market, which comes in at #3.

That's why the USA gets much bigger allocations of cars and quicker delivery times.

Keep their bigger markets happy where delighted customers = word of mouth = even more sales.

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, still says 6/17 arrival as of two minutes ago, and my production date has been scheduled.
CDA34F94-6323-4715-8CC2-FC02A0365A80.png
That’s awesome for you but also likely good for the rest of us too. At least production appears to be continuing but at slower pace.

congratulations!

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
GTS sedan order placed 01/13. I didn't record the exact initial production start and dealer delivery dates, but not long after they were pushed back (I think by two weeks) to 04/22 production start and 06/17 dealer delivery. Then pushed back again by three weeks to 05/13 prod start and 07/08 dealer delivery. Now showing TBD.

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
My rep said the 7/15 delivery holding up as of this morning, but don't be surprised if it delays further. I don't have access to TYD yet, but hopefully will come soon.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
My dealer spec GTS ST sitting at Port is Benicia for processing. Showing 4/29 at dealership.

OP
OP
jcg

jcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer spec GTS ST sitting at Port is Benicia for processing. Showing 4/29 at dealership.
Congratulations! Just out of curiosity, what are the specs on your car, if don’t mind? Always fun to see what other people have chosen or are accepting

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Jet Black Metallic
Black leather interior
Premium Package
Black roof rails
Insulated Glass
Rear axle steering
Heated GT Steering Wheel

pretty much it

obxckw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I ordered a 4S in early January and after the announcement of the GTS and after the continued production delays, I had buyers remorse so I canceled it. I then found a dealer who had a GTS on order so I decided to go with it. I’m giving up stuff I wanted but getting more, too. Cost is negligible compared to the original 4S.

Apparently, it’s now on the Freedom Ace container- likely getting to the US in a week or so. We’ll see.
Sponsored