Has anybody whose car was in storage in Germany awaiting a 12V battery had their car delivered yet?

Optima99

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT ordered
Country flag
Sent an email to supplying dealer at the weekend and he reverted to state that all cars due for Ireland that are delayed by the 12v battery issue will delivered by the end of November. Assuming I actually believe this, I don't really understand why I had to ask for an update, it should have been forthcoming. Have other EU/UK delayed customers been advised of delivery?

While the delays have been frustrating, the brutally poor communication (for which I mainly blame Porsche AG rather than the dealer) has actually been the worst part of this process.

I wonder if Porsche will make any gesture of apology? It would go some way towards softening their arrogance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Sent an email to supplying dealer at the weekend and he reverted to state that all cars due for Ireland that are delayed by the 12v battery issue will delivered by the end of November. Assuming I actually believe this, I don't really understand why I had to ask for an update, it should have been forthcoming. Have other EU/UK delayed customers been advised of delivery?

While the delays have been frustrating, the brutally poor communication (for which I mainly blame Porsche AG rather than the dealer) has actually been the worst part of this process.

I wonder if Porsche will make any gesture of apology? It would go some way towards softening their arrogance.
I visited the dealer a couple of weeks ago and the latest date for their receipt of the car was 25th November and I had an update email yesterday to say no more info from Porsche so it still is.

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

The answer is no. I had to ask for updates and this shouldn't be the case in 100k+ car. As for some compensation dealers are asking Porsche so don't know what will happen.

Blingrhino

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross turismo
Country flag
I received email also from Porsche Ireland confirming Delivery shortly,Definely this month he says but i have also had the same email in July but he did seem confident this time !
ps. thought i was the only one with a cherry red ct4 coming Frank !!

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I visited the dealer a couple of weeks ago and the latest date for their receipt of the car was 25th November and I had an update email yesterday to say no more info from Porsche so it still is.
So annoying. We are all STILL WAITING.. Would expect better service even from Skoda! Maybe I’ve got the wrong VW? Or I’m fed up being treated like a mushroom?

Optima99

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT ordered
Country flag
I received email also from Porsche Ireland confirming Delivery shortly,Definely this month he says but i have also had the same email in July but he did seem confident this time !
ps. thought i was the only one with a cherry red ct4 coming Frank !!
Hi Victor, there is at least one more lurking around on a 212-D plate :)

pawel

First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi. Got confirmation that my car (entered body shop on 27 June!) was completed 28th October and will arrive next Friday to the dealer. So I am happy!

Small problem is that next Friday is national holiday in Poland and almost nobody is working so probably will be delayed few more days.
Just to add to that - my car had May build allocated.

The car arrived to the dealer 2 days earlier! It was there yesterday. Today I went to check it in person.
I'm doing ppf and some other detailing in one package, dealer needs to sort the registration and paperwork. In two weeks car should be finally in my garage.

I'm keeping fingers crossed for you guys because I know how painful it is to wait additional months.

Porsche Taycan Has anybody whose car was in storage in Germany awaiting a 12V battery had their car delivered yet? IMG_0362 — kopia.JPG

Dan1210

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo.
Country flag
I was at my dealer last weekend, his system was showing my car into them on the 11th of this month (Uk Exeter)

JasMK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 435d
Country flag
I had the call yesterday to say it has a battery, now at Emden and will be in the UK shortly, expecting collection before the end of this month. Ordered Nov '21 and told 12 month wait so actually on time in some respects!

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
Porsche Center Mechelen
Me at Porsche Center Louvain-la-Neuve ex Krons, and same song. But, we I call my SA I have always feedback , so latest new is, waiting for 12V battery, expected delivery at Porsche Concession, Late december ( what a X-MAS present) beginning of January 23 (what a new-year present), after 13 to 14 Month Waiting, I have faith, but will believe like St Thomas.

Bruno

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini JCW,Audi A6,Ducati 748S,Honda CB750,BMW K100R
Country flag
I call my dealer almost every other week to ask for an update. They don't seem to mind. That's the sales person who sold me the car who checks the system for me and gives me an update.

Yes, an app makes sense because then I wouldn't have to bother him but on the other side, as long as they don't mind, they stay friendly and provide me the information I'm looking for it is also fine with me. I guess it's what they prefer in terms of having lots of contact points with the customer.

Mine is now planned for end of November in terms of arrival at the dealer. I asked for some extra's (XPEL stealth wrap, other colour brakes, dashcam post install - wasn't an option when I ordered) so I have to wait a bit longer then. I assume it's getting the battery soon or has received the battery in the meantime.

Hello , did you have the calipers painted ? My sales person said it was’t possible on the Taycan . I ordered mine end of Jan ‘22 . Latest promise on delivery was 20 Nov :rolleyes:

tomahawkBE

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hello , did you have the calipers painted ? My sales person said it was’t possible on the Taycan . I ordered mine end of Jan ‘22 . Latest promise on delivery was 20 Nov :rolleyes:
They will be painted yes, they will be yellow in my case. They will take the brakes off, ship them to germany, they will get painted in germany and shipped back to Belgium and fitted back onto the car (takes approx 1 - 2 weeks of time).
Sponsored