Has anyone outside of the East Coast received their 4S yet? I'm Pissed (not COVID-19 related).

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sorry for the WOT (skip to the last line to avoid a rant), but I found out today my 4S is not on the boat, it's stuck in Germany. While this current delay is due to COVID-19, I think the overall delay is due to my poor dealership. I am trying to confirm same, and would like some input if you have knowledge one way or the other. Some background:

I had a feeling the Taycan was going to be a hot car, so I bugged my local dealer's GM in June, 2018, months before info. was even released about this car. He said he'd contact me when he received info., but never did. I found about the deposit program online 2 weeks after Porsche made an announcement, and then reached out. The GM told me he'd put me "at the front of the list." So, I immediately put down my deposit and was assigned a dealer (11/18). When I asked him to confirm where I was in terms of ordering priority, though, he said I was "towards the front of the line." I let that go as there was really no car officially announced/available to order yet.

I then asked the dealer several times about my place in order, timing, pricing, ordering etc. The one time I actually got him on the phone, he said he "didn't know" where I was in the line. Then he responded to a more direct e-mail follow-up and said I was in the "top 10." I called and emailed several times asking for updates over the course of ~ 9 months. He responded twice, and otherwise ignored me (tracking software shows the emails were opened and read).

Finally, I got fed up, and reached out to the GM. He apologized, switched my dealer, and said he put me in "top 5." The Turbo and Turbo S were released, and I was disappointed because it didn't come close to meeting the specs or pricing promised by Porsche, so I passed. Then they unveiled the 4S. I called that day, made my selections that week, and put my money down the next day. The dealer said there would be no discounting the MSRP.

Since that time, I was told the build was locked when it wasn't (I was able to change it by chance when I called and my dealer wasn't in - 3 weeks after being told it was locked, but 2 days before actual lock). I have repeatedly been given misinformation, and downright incorrect information about options, specs, and timing for my car. Questions, asked repeatedly, have gone unanswered. I know for a fact they did not put my order in for at least 2+ weeks until after I put down my deposit, though they wanted me to do so right away.

Now, the car is done, and I confirmed today it is still in Germany. Understandably, Porsche cannot tell me for sure when it will arrive (and, as a practical matter, I can't drive it much right now anyway). The point, though, is I feel like the real delay here was due to my dealer not timely putting in my order, otherwise I'd have it already. Add that to the complete lack of customer service, and I'm pretty angry right now. As some have said, Porsche should soon be releasing options for a 2021 model, and I will be getting a late, 2020 model, with no price discount, and crap service. This is my first Porsche, and maybe this is how they treat everyone, but for ~$150,000, that's unacceptable to me, and yet I don't feel like I can do anything about it other than not take delivery.

So, the bottom line is has anyone other than on the East coast received their 4S?
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Sorry for the WOT (skip to the last line to avoid a rant), but I found out today my 4S is not on the boat, it's stuck in Germany.
I feel for you! I particularly don't understand why they cannot make the order, production and shipping process transparent to the customer. Is that really so hard? In Germany they always talk about Industry 4.0, but this still looks like 1.0. :angel:

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
The vehicle is brand new and in very high demand. I get you are excited, but I would suggest more patience. There is little they can do at this point.

Dealers get a certain allotment of cars. There are hundreds of dealers all with people wanting their car. Even if you were "top 5" at your dealer, you might be, say, 7082 globally.

I've always been pleased when ordering a car from Porsche (I also bought the first year Macan). My dealer and salesman are wonderful. I appreciate the easy-to-follow timeline (V codes) they provide. For those who don't want the drama, excitement, hiccups, etc. surrounding the build process, it's probably best to consider buying something off the lot.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
@TC Fan, if it makes you feel any better, I do not think ANYONE in the US has taken delivery of the 4S. Mine was on the first shipment that left Germany and arrived at the port of entry in Rhode Island on March 13th where it still sits today due to reasons outside of Porsche's control.

It looks like your bad experience is because of the particular dealership. I have purchased 7 Porsches over the years from 2 different dealerships. The experiences have been drama free because of the particular sales associates and sales managers at my dealerships. As you can see from my signature, I live in Georgia. However, I still do business with the dealerships I know in Connecticut. It is the same with the Maserati dealer in Connecticut versus Georgia.

I am confident that once you get your car, your huge smile will replace much of your frustration.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
A single 4S has arrived at my local dealership. (East Coast)

Other dealerships I have talked to have 250 people *still* waiting for cars (all variants). So, "top 5" might be very good. Or at a tiny dealership, that's the whole line. <shrug>

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
Your points are 100% valid in my opinion. Maybe being new Porsche guys , You and I just don’t get it?
Btw, Why are so many turbo s models just sitting around and not sold yet?

OP
OP

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Your points are 100% valid in my opinion. Maybe being new Porsche guys , You and I just don’t get it?
The dealers all had to order them on spec for test drive. Most of them came just in time for COVID-19. Now they've been converted to used cars. Still, with no one driving and no one sure about the future, they are sitting. I can tell you from personal experience that many, but not all, dealers are willing to deal on those cars. The problem is I spec'd my car out so much, I'd have to give something up to get a turbo, even though it might be the same price or close to my 4S.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm not in such a hurry that I'd buy a used demo car at this price point. I'd rather order exactly what I want. Likely anyone with Turbo S money and a dealer relationship can just buy their way into some early allocation as needed.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer in Melbourne FL got their first 4S two weeks ago. They offered it to me but I didn't like the build. They skimped on the tech but added optional wheels and PSCBs. It sold already.

OP
OP

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer in Melbourne FL got their first 4S two weeks ago. They offered it to me but I didn't like the build. They skimped on the tech but added optional wheels and PSCBs. It sold already.
Some of these dealers have 3-8 Taycans sitting on their lots now.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I see a bunch, but I'm not sure which are sold orders. I might contact a few dealers and see, but my experience with doing this in the past with other cars is usually disappointment as they're all sold orders.

OP
OP

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I see a bunch, but I'm not sure which are sold orders. I might contact a few dealers and see, but my experience with doing this in the past with other cars is usually disappointment as they're all sold orders.
If you know what you're looking for, PM me. I've done a decent amount of looking.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Some of these dealers have 3-8 Taycans sitting on their lots now.
Are they actually sitting in the lot or is it just listed on their website. I spoke with one dealer who had a handful on their website, and when I pushed, he admitted that they were cars that they expect in...and all have been sold already...but he would be happy to take a reservation from me.

Apparently there is some company that finds all these VINs and then puts them on their website with a link to where that vin is headed.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same. It didn't have all the features I wanted. I'll wait for my personalized order to arrive (hopefully by the end of the month).

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are they actually sitting in the lot or is it just listed on their website.
Agreed. I don't believe they are at the dealer. They may be anticipated for arrival soon.
Sponsored