Bibo

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I had placed a deposit for the upcoming Taycan at a dealership in Houston. The expected arrival date was March 17th, and according to the vessel tracking, the car arrived at Houston port on March 5th. However, the dealership just informed me that there is an issue with the heater in the Taycan models, which is defective and needs replacement. Due to the shortage of replacement parts, the process could take until October to complete, which means that the car cannot be released from the port till then.

I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation?
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I will know if the expected 2 x 4S examples arrive at my dealership this month to pave the fate of mine that have been bumped every month by a month with now late May delivery. I would rather wait for it not being made than having it stuck at a port waiting on parts.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
October? Hopefully that's just an attempt to set expectations low.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
That is nuts, October! Thank goodness for everyone communicating their status here because my SA told me this morning March 17th is looking like his ETA at the dealership. Marinetraffic is showing my ship is ahead of schedule too. I'm about to lock in a low interest rate I found and make a decision on the electrician quote we got today before waiting for the 2nd estimate we had scheduled. I know none of this is life and death and others have fared far worse, but if I'm told October??? It's not so much I want and need the car NOW, I just hate not being able to take other actions related to it.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
We are many people in the same situation! My car left the factory on February 28. Delivery expected this week but the seller had told me 2 to 3 weeks delay because of this problem. I'm scared to call him when I hear that yours tells you up to 6 months!!! :headbang:

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Same with mine. Delivery was 27th Feb delayed 2 weeks so should be tomorrow but no chance of that. My car is held att he hauliers. Dealer has no idea what is happening. I hope October is not real as I will cancel and wait for a MY24.

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
I had placed a deposit for the upcoming Taycan at a dealership in Houston. The expected arrival date was March 17th, and according to the vessel tracking, the car arrived at Houston port on March 5th. However, the dealership just informed me that there is an issue with the heater in the Taycan models, which is defective and needs replacement. Due to the shortage of replacement parts, the process could take until October to complete, which means that the car cannot be released from the port till then.

I am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation?
PorscheNA must have changed procedure to match what they were already doing in the EU and UK. I picked my CT 4S up from Porsche Austin on 2/27, arrived at port on 2/17. At that time they were not holding US (at least southern state) vehicles for the heater issue. Quite honestly, they should release Taycans to warm weather areas as they are going to have to do a massive recall for the heater issue anyway, and lack of heat will not matter in Texas right now (high of 86F today).

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Stopped by the dealer to ask about any Heater failures in general and they have had at least a handful so they are definitely failing even though we have not had a winter here in mid west. The chiefs at the dealer kind of dismissing this as a first class problem and I disagree if it is responsible to all heating such as HV battery conditioning and interior heat. We would be livid if our SUVs (Cayenne for me and Macan for wife) would not have heat this winter driving just short school and store drives not to mention a few long trips we did over winter holidays. How is that a non-essential function in a car to warm up and demist the interior. We always have always there 16-year-old last Japanese built Acura TSX to take us places with no issues with 12V or Heating and its XM radio still works flawlessly. I am thinking everyone will need to start keeping back up cars in storage or something as I cannot stand the nasty rentals.

This is to the rescue and never let us down. Taycan will be replacing its spot in the garage when it arrives, but it will be a keeper one way or the other.

Porsche Taycan Taycan heater issue? 1678373095170

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bibo

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
PorscheNA must have changed procedure to match what they were already doing in the EU and UK. I picked my CT 4S up from Porsche Austin on 2/27, arrived at port on 2/17. At that time they were not holding US (at least southern state) vehicles for the heater issue. Quite honestly, they should release Taycans to warm weather areas as they are going to have to do a massive recall for the heater issue anyway, and lack of heat will not matter in Texas right now (high of 86F today).
I totally agree with you , doesn’t make sense to me to hold the car for heater issue in a weather like Houston but not sure who to contact or how can i submit a complaint about that?

Andy2023

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4
Country flag
My heater failed after 2 weeks of being fixed back to another hire car that’s 3rd time in a year where hire car
used . Not what I expected.

Wibie

First Name
Wim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s. Tesla X
Country flag
Waiting already 2 months for my heather to get replaced. Porsche leaves you 2x in the cold. Sourcing parts not up to the job and being unable to adequately solve it in a timely manner. My goodness - waiting 2 months and counting to get a functional replacement part !

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
So my heater just arrived. I turned my car in for diagnostics on FEB18. Heater issue diagnosed FEB20, new part ordered. Drove a loaner Macan for 2 weeks, couldn’t bear it so turned it back in and took my Taycan back on the road.

MAR21 New Heater arrived. Scheduled service MAR27.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
As promised by the dealer, heater replaced MAR27 in just 3 hours. It feels almost unreal that it can be warm inside 🤣
Sponsored