Heater replacement. Got a taycan loan but...

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ok I'm not sure how you guys would react but this kind of service is driving me NUTS.

I dropped my car at the dealer because they told me there was a recall on the heater and they need to change it even though it's working perfectly. Fair enough, no big deal.

They give me a loaner as confirmed but they gave me a RWD on summer tires while it was below 0 C° and snowing. I noticed it because the car had an unusual behaviour.

If it was only that, I could live with it but they gave me the car with 40% battery. I'm now at 10% and wanted to charge it at home and ... no cables in the car. I can't charge their car now.

How is this kind of service acceptable? Or Am I making a big fuss out of it?

I wrote them an email, told them the situation but obviously no response.
Sponsored

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sounds less than ideal. My dealer, I feel, would send a driver to drop off a charger (pmcc).

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
My dealer doesn't do Taycan loaners, only base Macans.. I've never gotten a loaner from any dealer (Tesla, BMW, Volvo, Audi,...) that was as good as the one I brought in for service. I'd say be happy you got a Taycan.

However....
I literally just got off the phone with our dealer because we had an appointment scheduled next week to replace our heater (which is working just fine). He said that they have done 3 of these. One of them they had the vehicle for 6 months waiting for parts. One they had the vehicle for 2 weeks waiting for parts. One was fairly simple and was done in 3 days.

We cancelled our appointment and will reschedule in a few months when they have done a few more of these replacements and the parts are more available.

Hope yours goes smoothly.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Ok I'm not sure how you guys would react but this kind of service is driving me NUTS.

I dropped my car at the dealer because they told me there was a recall on the heater and they need to change it even though it's working perfectly. Fair enough, no big deal.

They give me a loaner as confirmed but they gave me a RWD on summer tires while it was below 0 C° and snowing. I noticed it because the car had an unusual behaviour.

If it was only that, I could live with it but they gave me the car with 40% battery. I'm now at 10% and wanted to charge it at home and ... no cables in the car. I can't charge their car now.

How is this kind of service acceptable? Or Am I making a big fuss out of it?

I wrote them an email, told them the situation but obviously no response.
They take the cables out because if they don’t someone else will. But they should tell you so you could have taken your own ( and forget it on their car when you give it back). And giving a loaner on summer tires in December is stupid.

they once asked me if I didn’t forget to refuel theTaycab loaner when returning it. They also let me leave without papers once. Only found out at home 30 km later. Ok should have checked myself. But still.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My dealer doesn't do Taycan loaners, only base Macans.. I've never gotten a loaner from any dealer (Tesla, BMW, Volvo, Audi,...) that was as good as the one I brought in for service. I'd say be happy you got a Taycan.

However....
I literally just got off the phone with our dealer because we had an appointment scheduled next week to replace our heater (which is working just fine). He said that they have done 3 of these. One of them they had the vehicle for 6 months waiting for parts. One they had the vehicle for 2 weeks waiting for parts. One was fairly simple and was done in 3 days.

We cancelled our appointment and will reschedule in a few months when they have done a few more of these replacements and the parts are more available.

Or when your heater does fail because of the cold weather and you will be last in line. Let’s hope you live in a warmer climate and this doesn’t happen. Strange your dealer has only done 3 of them. They seem to fail in high numbers these days.

edit I see you live in Florida. That’s why your dealer doesn’t see any. The heater is never working anyway. Maybe you should wait indeed.

EDWJMCGRATH

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN, TAYCAN ON ORDER
Country flag
Or when your heater does fail because of the cold weather and you will be last in line. Let’s hope you live in a warmer climate and this doesn’t happen. Strange your dealer has only done 3 of them. They seem to fail in high numbers these days.

edit I see you live in Florida. That’s why your dealer doesn’t see any. The heater is never working anyway. Maybe you should wait indeed.
I'm a Snowbird-dealer in MA is the one that has done 3 of these. We're headed to FL soon so we should be fine til we get back even if the heater fails. .

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Agree it should have proper tires and charge. However I am a bit confused as to why you can’t charge. I thought you brought in a Taycan so wouldn’t you already have a place to charge? I do think dealers should check with people without Taycans if they can accommodate charging it.

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Agree it should have proper tires and charge. However I am a bit confused as to why you can’t charge. I thought you brought in a Taycan so wouldn’t you already have a place to charge? I do think dealers should check with people without Taycans if they can accommodate charging it.
In Europe the public Level 2 chargers do not have cables. Each person carries their own cable with one end standard for the charger and the other end suitable for their car.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
In Europe the public Level 2 chargers do not have cables. Each person carries their own cable with one end standard for the charger and the other end suitable for their car.
ah was not aware of that. Assuming then that you don’t have a charging solution at home either then?

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Are those tyres road-legal now where you are?
Yes I guess they are road legal. But
ah was not aware of that. Assuming then that you don’t have a charging solution at home either then?
Yes I have a charging at home but it doesn't come with a cable. I have to always carrying my cables in my car (which is not a big deal).

I dropped back the loaner at the dealer with 5% left and got many excuses.

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

However....

Thanks, yes it went smoothly. My car was for 2 days at the dealer and at least now I got a new heater ;)
Sponsored