"Free HV Heater Replacement for Your Taycan Now Available at your Porsche Center"

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Based on the heater versions @Jonathan S. posted above for campaign WPL8:
Removed: 9J1.963.507 E - built: Aug 2021 - HW: 11 - SW: 16
Replaced by: 9J1.963.507 F - built: Aug 2023 - HW: 11 - SW: 17

And photos from ebay:
E: 9J1.963.507 E - built Feb 2023 - HW: 11 - SW: 16
F: 9J1.963.507 F - built Apr 2023 - HW: 11 - SW: 17

Version E (SW 16) which was removed from @Jonathan S. car by campaign WPL8 was still being produced as late as February 2023.
Version F (SW 17) which was installed by campaign WPL8 was produced as early as April 2023.

Does this mean that heaters (other than version F with SW 17) produced before April 2023 are defective/more likely to fail?

EDIT: The Taycan recall in Canada for bad heaters occurred in May, 2023.
My '23 Taycan, produced in December of 2022 (so definitely heater produced before April 2023), is not, at least yet, part of the pre-emptive heater replacement recall.
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My '23 Taycan, produced in December of 2022 (so definitely heater produced before April 2023), is not, at least yet, part of the pre-emptive heater replacement recall.
My 22 Taycan, produced October, 2021, had its heater fail in November, 2022, replaced the following month, is also not part of any pre-emptive heater replacement recall.

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 22 Taycan, produced October, 2021, had its heater fail in November, 2022, replaced the following month, is also not part of any pre-emptive heater replacement recall.
Time to commence voodoo logic. I'm going to put on winter tires on my car next weekend. Car will know about this since I change the PCM setting to winter tires. Maybe that will trigger a recall - "He's planning to go into snow country, time to move up pre-emptive heater replacement". Of course, I may be putting way too much faith into Porsche telemetry capabilities. :CWL:

palluri

First Name
Pratap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo S was produced in March 2021 and it is part of the HV heater replacement recall. I didn't have any issues but I took it to the dealer anyway to get it replaced. They took a day to do the work.

When I picked up my car from the dealer on Monday, I noticed there is no heating in my car. I took it back to the dealer today and now he says there is a recall on this heater and it is in order and there no ETA when this part will be available. I am in Chicago area I am stuck with my car with no heat.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My Taycan Turbo S was produced in March 2021 and it is part of the HV heater replacement recall. I didn't have any issues but I took it to the dealer anyway to get it replaced. They took a day to do the work.

When I picked up my car from the dealer on Monday, I noticed there is no heating in my car. I took it back to the dealer today and now he says there is a recall on this heater and it is in order and there no ETA when this part will be available. I am in Chicago area I am stuck with my car with no heat.
So it went in for a replacement of a non defect heater for a defective one and now they don’t have any new ones to fix it. Sounds like a job well done. Can’t they just out back your first heater until the new one is available?

palluri

First Name
Pratap
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
So it went in for a replacement of a non defect heater for a defective one and now they don’t have any new ones to fix it. Sounds like a job well done. Can’t they just out back your first heater until the new one is available?
No it is not the same heater. The heater they replaced is High voltage battery heater, now the heater that heats the inside of the car doesn't work and that heater also has recall

OP
OP
Jonathan S.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
No it is not the same heater. The heater they replaced is High voltage battery heater, now the heater that heats the inside of the car doesn't work and that heater also has recall
I had thought our consensus in a prior thread was that this is the same heater?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had thought our consensus in a prior thread was that this is the same heater?
It is. There is only one high voltage heater in a Taycan. All the others, seats and steering wheel, are low voltage.

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My heater just failed, so I too, am joining this club.

Since the HV heater heats the battery as well, is there a concern that over this current cold spell in the NE will damage the battery as I am driving the car with the battery at whatever ambient temp it is outside?

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No worries, cold weather doesn't damage the battery, hot weather does.

mlkissel1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Grand Turismo
Country flag
Just spoke to my dealership and they advised allowing 4 days to complete this job, just to be safe......line up a loaner.

MattFinland

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, 67MustangGT resto, F430m, 71 widebodVette
Country flag
Mine is getting done tomorrow it is 5-6 hr job. From what I was told all cars in Europe are covered even after warranty. My car was perfect -30 , -20 sitting outside using normally then coincidently after putting into warm garage for few nights in a row problem came. Have to wonder if going from +15c garage to minus - 15 had anything to do with it. Will be interesting when someone figures it out. Driving around with -15c interior was very cool ;)
Incase anyone would like to know Porsche code for heater error is B182C04
Sponsored