cb02z0

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan (base)
Country flag
First I know there are a ton of posts regarding the heater failure. I've sifted through as much as I can but what I have not been able to determine is if the replacement heater had to be paid for out of pocket. I assume yes it had to be cause Porsche will not acknowledge that they built a car with a known defect. Also, have others been charged a diagnostic fee to determine if the heater has failed? I called my local service center and they advised I would be charged $320 for the diagnostic. Seems outrageous to diagnose a problem that is easily detected via a computer but what do I know?
Thanks in advance for any wisdom shared from your experiences replacing the heater.
Sponsored

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Completely covered under warranty. Was diagnosed free of charge as well. They only charge for diagnostics if you claim there’s an issue and they’re unable to find it. At least that’s how my local dealer works.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Warranty will cover all of it.

Diagnosis can be done at home. Turn on the heater. Does it blow hot air? Then it works.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Warranty will cover all of it.

Diagnosis can be done at home. Turn on the heater. Does it blow hot air? Then it works.
Specifically - Turn the temp to the highest setting and direct the flow through the from vents. You'll be able to tell right away if you have a heater that works or not.
Sponsored