"Free HV Heater Replacement for Your Taycan Now Available at your Porsche Center"

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good point, so I've just now bought a £20 12v heater on Amazon for my >£100k Taycan in anticipation of a trip this week without benefit of overnight garaging. (Heater replaced 6 mths ago, vehicle manuf May'22, no current recall, not needed to use heater since Spring but a quick test today didn't impress me with its output).
I tested mine today and it only seemed to start properly warming up on 'high'.
22c where I normally have it felt cool and especially no heat on my feet (which I like warm).

This is a replacement last winter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jonathan S.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Took them longer than a day when they fixed my car.
At ~6hrs as per the previously linked doc, seems like you have a decent chance of it fitting it in a day, but also any surprises or scheduling issues and you're looking at it spilling into the next day.
Thanks for the warning on that.
I sent the following email to the dealer 5pm Tue, but have yet to hear back:

I said:
Just wanted to confirm that all the replacement parts will be in stock by the date of my appointment?
I saw that the TSB estimates six hours for the replacement, so I'm hoping that with a 7:30 appointment I will be able to drive back home with it that day.
thanks,
Jonathan

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Jonathan S. If possible when you have the heater replacement done, can you get photos showing the labels on the old and new heaters? It would be good to know what exact versions of the heaters are. Part number shown on shop reports seems to remain unchanged.

OP
OP
Jonathan S.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll do my best, but expectations are low, since the dealer's service department has been ghosting my inquiry.
(Just like the dealer's sales manager would ghost me, and the internet sales person wouldn't address my q's...)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'll do my best, but expectations are low, since the dealer's service department has been ghosting my inquiry.
(Just like the dealer's sales manager would ghost me, and the internet sales person wouldn't address my q's...)
Start by taking a picture of the old heater if you still have the car.

OP
OP
Jonathan S.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Still have not received any replies from Hoffman Porsche (East Hartford CT) to my numerous inquiries since late Tuesday night to various email addresses.
Sent an email late last night to Wallingford CT Porsche -- significantly longer drive, but I'm losing any hope with Hoffman.
Received a reply first thing this morning from Wallingford. Looking at mid to late Nov, depending on parts availability, and dealer has to submit a special order request specific to my vehicle for this campaign. Also would have to do a software update on my Taycan. Would schedule me for a loaner given that possibility of two days for all that.
Although disappointing that I'll have to do all that driving, reassuring to receive that full disclosure from Wallingford, plus just any sort of prompt reply. Makes me think my Nov 10 app with Hoffman is totally meaningless and that nobody there has yet read what I entered into the on-line appointment.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Jonathan S. , is there a campaign number? I'm curious, as I asked about it when chatting with service last week and they told me they don't see my car under any heater campaign, only the battery leak one for which they already ordered parts (though no ETA).

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Makes me think my Nov 10 app with Hoffman is totally meaningless and that nobody there has yet read what I entered into the on-line appointment.
FWIW, I've noticed a similar pattern with my local dealers (2) - appointment scheduling can be done well in advance and it is automated, but the service advisors only get to see the next 1-2 days' worth of appointments. That makes sense for a busy place, and for generic/run-of-the-mill servicing needs. I've had one of my appointments cancelled the day before ("we don't service Taycans here") and another 3-4 days in advance ("no parts"). 🤷‍♂️

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Which dealer does not service Taycans? Do they sell them?
It was a strange, hopefully isolated occurrence; the newly established P of Seattle North opened their online system for booking appointments, but these landed in the (ex)P of Bellingham's system instead, which naturally no longer can service Taycans. This happened a month or so ago, right around the time of the franchise's move South.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was a strange, hopefully isolated occurrence; the newly established P of Seattle North opened their online system for booking appointments, but these landed in the (ex)P of Bellingham's system instead, which naturally no longer can service Taycans. This happened a month or so ago, right around the time of the franchise's move South.
Ah, online scheduling system error. That makes more sense.

OP
OP
Jonathan S.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
@Jonathan S. , is there a campaign number? I'm curious, as I asked about it when chatting with service last week and they told me they don't see my car under any heater campaign, only the battery leak one for which they already ordered parts (though no ETA).
I've asked just now, and I'll let you know what I find.
And specifically, I have asked someone at Hoffman Porsche who now responds to me!

After bad experiences there with new car inquiries in February (general sales manager would ghost me for over a week!) and again this summer (internet sales staffer would ignore my q's re allocation waiting time estimate), I was intrigued by the lack of any replies (even automated) to my multiple emails to the four service department addresses.
I then tried the dealership business manager.
Nothing.

So I tried the sales director for the entire ten-dealership chain.
Immediate phone call back to me!
Highly apologetic, said all the right things, and would be walking over immediately after we finished our call to talk to the Porsche service department in person.
(I usually don't like making a big fuss about matters like this -- except of course for venting about EA on-line! -- but escalating this sure seems to have worked.)

Soon after that in-person talk they had, service called me back, said all the right things in general.
And specifically, even though the TSB specifies 6 hours, he says that based on the many heaters they've replaced so far, the TSB vastly overestimates the time, which is more like 2 to 3 hours.
He also checked their inventory, and they have two in stock, one of which is now mine Mine MINE (so none of you better not even think of snagging it, hah!).

While I was writing this, he texted me a screenshot of the campaign number:

Porsche Taycan "Free HV Heater Replacement for Your Taycan Now Available at your Porsche Center" 72054750878--B86FC60A-D56B-4D40-B6EB-BFF37C70655F

I was also warned about the construction (have to enter from the street via their Ford dealership), and their upcoming new facility sounds HUGE!
Here are some links I found on that:

https://www.wtnh.com/news/connectic...ration-5-porsche-dealership-in-east-hartford/

https://nerej.com/jewett-to-build-31-000-s-f-porsche-dealership-for-hoffman-auto-group
Sponsored