W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If my windshield doesn’t fog up, is it safe to drive the car? Or do you mean that I just have to keep the car parked for months until the heater part comes in?
Weather permitting then there is no reason to not drive the car IMHO

If you mist up then reconsider.
Sponsored

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got the car back after three days at the dealer (could have picked it up last night, but traffic to get out to them was awful, so I went early this morning). Heater is fixed, turn signal was replaced under warranty and the 2 year service was completed. As far as I can tell, there are only 5 line items for the service:

* Labor for intermediate service ~$200
* Pollen filter ~$100
* Tyre sealant ~$115 (they actually spell tyre correctly too!)
* Brake fluid flush ~$300
* New brake fluid ~$40

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
2 years service was free in Québec/Canada
Nice! I've heard in the UK it is even more than here (basically the same number with a pound sign in front of it).

I don't recall if there was a service package I could have signed up for when I bought it, but with just one service during the time I was leasing for, I probably wouldn't have done it (for previous cars I've leased with annual servicing I have, and they generally save a bit + spread the cost into the monthly payments which is nice).

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Does anyone know how invasive the heater replacement process is?

To replace my charge port door mechanism, they had to completely remove the front passenger door and front passenger wheel.

Porsche Taycan Heating Failure 1680416367884

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Without going through 14 pages of this thread, could someone help me answer my questions? My heater just kept blowing cold air this morning.

1) Can I still drive the car if the heater is broken? I'm not sure if the heater is required to warm the battery.

2) Is there a new improved heater that I should ask the dealer for? Or will they just replace with the same heater that may break down again?

3) I didn't see any warning messages. Is that normal? But I turned the heat up to 30 celsius and nothing.

I will call the dealer now.
1. It's safe to drive, except risk of fogging up etc. In the UK at least they will treat it as a car breakdown if you call porsche assistance to 'recover it'. The advantage (in UK at least) is it then jumps the queue for a slot in the service centre/repair. In my case via porsche assistance i had the car fixed and returned within 1 week, while I was told it would be 6 weeks before they'd even look at the car if i just brought it in myself.

2. Yes there is an upgrade available, but my dealer (part of Porsche retail group) said other dealers were still replacing like with like. So suspect it can be a lottery.

3. Mine just stopped working. No warnings.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1. It's safe to drive, except risk of fogging up etc. In the UK at least they will treat it as a car breakdown if you call porsche assistance to 'recover it'. The advantage (in UK at least) is it then jumps the queue for a slot in the service centre/repair. In my case via porsche assistance i had the car fixed and returned within 1 week, while I was told it would be 6 weeks before they'd even look at the car if i just brought it in myself.

2. Yes there is an upgrade available, but my dealer (part of Porsche retail group) said other dealers were still replacing like with like. So suspect it can be a lottery.

With regards to your #1, that is so weird because another dealer here in Vancouver told me the exact same thing: if she just ordered the part for me, I would just be in a queue and would likely wait around one month. If I left my car with them, they said it would get priority and would be in less than half the time. But I didn't want to leave my baby parked in their lot for a couple weeks, and luckily, another dealer had the part in stock.

I'm bring my car in on Tuesday. I don't like the idea of my car being taken apart, but I don't have a choice.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow thanks. Removing the wheel and wheel liner sounds easy. Don't know about disassembling the luggage compartment tray and removing front underbody cover.

I ask because Tesla once had to disassemble the interior of my Model 3 and they royally f*cked it up. Had to bring my car back multiple times and have them reimburse me for multiple damage.

Porsche Taycan Heating Failure Image 2023-04-02 at 8.02 AM

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
With regards to your #1, that is so weird because another dealer here in Vancouver told me the exact same thing: if she just ordered the part for me, I would just be in a queue and would likely wait around one month. If I left my car with them, they said it would get priority and would be in less than half the time. But I didn't want to leave my baby parked in their lot for a couple weeks, and luckily, another dealer had the part in stock.

I'm bring my car in on Tuesday. I don't like the idea of my car being taken apart, but I don't have a choice.
Basically, I think the porsche service network has to provide some sort of contractual obligation/guarantee for a specific response time for a car brought in by porsche assistance to be looked at. 48 hours i think.
Hence you jump the queue. Likewise, the only way i'd get a loan vehicle (hire car) was is the car came in via porsche assistance.

It qualified as a recovery job as it could be dangerous if the car steams up while you're driving.

I was lucky as my service centre is part of porsche and i think they'd been pre-ordering parts. So got a really quick turnaround. Risk is of course that they don't have the part and your car is stored until it arrives - and you get a crappy hire car instead.

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S; Skoda Superb; Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag

The AA told me the car would fail an MOT without de-mist capability - that's how they seemed to justify immediate recovery and bypass the man-in-a-van. Incidentally, as soon as i confirmed it was a Taycan they asked 'is it the heater'? I said how do you know. Reply: my last call was the same issue. Regarding warnings - this is all i saw...

Porsche Taycan Heating Failure IMG_8305.JPG

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Am I the first of the season? I managed to escape the failures over last year but mine has failed today.

Maybe I've missed some posts on this on here but the Dealer suggested there's a replacement part now rather than fitting the same defective unit?

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Am I the first of the season? I managed to escape the failures over last year but mine has failed today.

Maybe I've missed some posts on this on here but the Dealer suggested there's a replacement part now rather than fitting the same defective unit?
Was hoping that this was a thing of the past, IIRC there is a replace part to the originals- if your is one f the original installs, surprised it’s lasted so long, just hope it’s not the replacement/latest one failing

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks. Yep, I have the OG heater for a few days more at least while they have the car. Just waiting for what Enterprise give me as a loaner now.

But, hopefully I've beaten the rush of the heater replacement apocalypse for this year

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Your probably going to end up with a non comparable hire car, I would elect to stay in your Taycan until the part(s) arrive at your dealership - with general reports on different parts, the same theme of prolonged deliver time are apparent
Sponsored