Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Now in to get the second heater replaced, and hopefully the completely new designed one. Will ask to see evidence of article number etc once they are ready with it.
Interesting you’re on your second as my replacement goes hot and cold at 20.5c setting
Sponsored

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Well I was wondering if I’d managed to escape the dreaded heater failure! But nope it happened last night. Car is UK leased I’ve had it since July 2021. Waiting for the dealer to open then give them a call. Pretty crap. Is what it is. Such a shame as it’s a great car to drive but so glitchy.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Well I was wondering if I’d managed to escape the dreaded heater failure! But nope it happened last night. Car is UK leased I’ve had it since July 2021. Waiting for the dealer to open then give them a call. Pretty crap. Is what it is. Such a shame as it’s a great car to drive but so glitchy.
Yes it is a great car to drive. It is a pity that they have to spend So much time in the workshop. I believe the newer cars have improved and are faced with less issues, but 2020 cars have a lot. Aston Martin’s used to be regarded as garage queens, but now Porsche are strong contenders for the title, if not already won!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Welcome to the club.

Remember you can use Porsche Assistance to recover the car (it's a safety issue) and this jumps the queue at the garage (they have to start work on it within 5 days i think) and gets you a (probably crap) enterprise rental car. So call PA rather than your dealer.

When mine went it was turned around in less than 1 week, which i was amazed about as it was during the parts shortage period. The dealer had them in stock rather than having to order. The dealership was part of the Porsche Retail Group which may have made a difference.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to the club.

Remember you can use Porsche Assistance to recover the car (it's a safety issue) and this jumps the queue at the garage (they have to start work on it within 5 days i think) and gets you a (probably crap) enterprise rental car. So call PA rather than your dealer.

When mine went it was turned around in less than 1 week, which i was amazed about as it was during the parts shortage period. The dealer had them in stock rather than having to order. The dealership was part of the Porsche Retail Group which may have made a difference.
thanks mate. I’ve already booked it in now. I’ll manage until then. I won’t be getting another Taycan or the EV Macan. Not worth the glitches and failures. I don’t trust their electronics. My rusted under restoration 69 911T is more reliable 😂

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks mate. I’ve already booked it in now. I’ll manage until then. I won’t be getting another Taycan or the EV Macan. Not worth the glitches and failures. I don’t trust their electronics. My rusted under restoration 69 911T is more reliable 😂
Aside from the heater and the onboard charger on mine going kaput (admittedly both quite crucial) mines faired quite well I guess. Avoided the 2 month in the garage scenarios etc that a lot talk about too.
What I definitely won’t do is keep it without extended warranty. Lord knows what will happen when they get a bit older!

good luck

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Aside from the heater and the onboard charger on mine going kaput (admittedly both quite crucial) mines faired quite well I guess. Avoided the 2 month in the garage scenarios etc that a lot talk about too.
What I definitely won’t do is keep it without extended warranty. Lord knows what will happen when they get a bit older!

good luck
I’ve not had the charger issue. I have had boot lock failure, seatbelt warning light resets, the usual info system failures, going blank, resets and now this. All new car tech is glitchy but this car is waaay more glitchy than any other car i’ve had. Shame. It’s spoilt the experience. I’m still a Porsche man. But not a Porsche EV man. I’ll stick with my analog aircooled Porsche. And now I have a big hairy dog so I’ll be going for a SUV EV for my next daily. The research begins.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes it is a great car to drive. It is a pity that they have to spend So much time in the workshop. I believe the newer cars have improved and are faced with less issues, but 2020 cars have a lot. Aston Martin’s used to be regarded as garage queens, but now Porsche are strong contenders for the title, if not already won!
yes I’d have to agree on this experience. To date this is the newest Porsche I’ve had. So I can’t comment on other modern Porsche. I’m an aircooled Porsche man so way less to go wrong.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve not had the charger issue. I have had boot lock failure, seatbelt warning light resets, the usual info system failures, going blank, resets and now this. All new car tech is glitchy but this car is waaay more glitchy than any other car i’ve had. Shame. It’s spoilt the experience. I’m still a Porsche man. But not a Porsche EV man. I’ll stick with my analog aircooled Porsche. And now I have a big hairy dog so I’ll be going for a SUV EV for my next daily. The research begins.
Big hairy dogs fit in the back of a CT. Just sayin! Admittedly fits better in the back of our SUV though.

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Big hairy dogs fit in the back of a CT. Just sayin! Admittedly fits better in the back of our SUV though.
Yes I remember the dog debate and CT/ST discussion on here when I got the saloon. Wished I’d opted for the CT now to be fair. But we didn’t have a 40kg GSD like now 😂. I’ll have to see how it goes. I’ve got the car until next year. I’ll monitor newer models performance. See if they get better. I’m smarting because the heater has failed and I’m annoyed at the car. I’ll probably get over it after I’ve whinged at every person I possibly can!

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
My heater died yesterday.
I thought my car was safe. ☹
It’s an early GTS. Delivered May 2022. I thought my heater was one of the newer ones and I have not had any recall. Essentially it’s more of a MY23 as it didn’t need the massive software upgrade but I think it is officially MY22

Anyone else with this age of car had the heater fail?

At least the weather is getting warmer. I am handing it back at the end of May and I am not sure I can even be bothered sorting it out….?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It’s an early GTS. Delivered May 2022. I thought my heater was one of the newer ones and I have not had any recall. Essentially it’s more of a MY23 as it didn’t need the massive software upgrade but I think it is officially MY22

At least the weather is getting warmer. I am handing it back at the end of May and I am not sure I can even be bothered sorting it out….?
My car is a 22 (built between April and July) but delivered in December 22 after plenty of 23 cars due to 12V battery shortage, still grumpy.

I had a heater recall a fortnight ago so mine must have had the potentially defective heater, though it didn't fail.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Heaters with a heater manufacture date prior to February 14, 2023, are subject to recall.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag

Yes 4 CT delivered 05 2022. One of the first with colored icons. Heater failed in December 2022. Repaired with the old heater, no recall yet.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Heaters with a heater manufacture date prior to February 14, 2023, are subject to recall.
Some of them. I have a pre 2/14/23 heater but my Taycan has not been a subject of this recall, at least yet.
Sponsored