First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
Hi all
New here but I’ve been searching stuff on google for months and regularly saw items from this forum, it’s been very helpful.

I’ve paid my deposit and I’ll have to confirm my final options soon so here is my build

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM6E2HJ2

I spent hours deliberating over the colours, the interior and the options. I do have a few concerns with my spec though.

As in it’s pretty much full on funeral spec black!

I’m slightly budget conscious so don’t want to spend too much hence the standard interior trim. My dealer said if you’re sticking with the standard seats and trim i’d be better sticking with black as the grey looks a bit cheap. Any thoughts on this?

Additionally the beige chalk black 2 tone interior. Silly question but how brown is it? If it was a grey chalk with black i’d go for it but if it’s too brown it’s not my thing. It’s pretty hard to tell from pictures.

I’ve specced the pano roof to give light to the interior but I suppose I could delete it and put it towards upgrading the leather to a lighter colour that doesn’t look cheap.
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Hi all
New here but I’ve been searching stuff on google for months and regularly saw items from this forum, it’s been very helpful.

I’ve paid my deposit and I’ll have to confirm my final options soon so here is my build

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM6E2HJ2

I spent hours deliberating over the colours, the interior and the options. I do have a few concerns with my spec though.

As in it’s pretty much full on funeral spec black!

I’m slightly budget conscious so don’t want to spend too much hence the standard interior trim. My dealer said if you’re sticking with the standard seats and trim i’d be better sticking with black as the grey looks a bit cheap. Any thoughts on this?

Additionally the beige chalk black 2 tone interior. Silly question but how brown is it? If it was a grey chalk with black i’d go for it but if it’s too brown it’s not my thing. It’s pretty hard to tell from pictures.

I’ve specced the pano roof to give light to the interior but I suppose I could delete it and put it towards upgrading the leather to a lighter colour that doesn’t look cheap.
I've got Standard Black Interior with pano roof and it's absolutely fine. I don't feel I'm missing anything and have done 7500 miles

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've got Standard Black Interior with pano roof and it's absolutely fine. I don't feel I'm missing anything and have done 7500 miles
If black is your thing then and budget doesn't permit the extended leather then black interior would work well (given Pano roof). If looking at two-tone, as an alternative to chalk beige, check out crayon but not sure it looks great on the plastics. Also consider optioning matching seat belt colours to main interior colour you end up choosing.

Can't the dealer show you the swatch samples of all colours (even in these restricted COVID times) - worth booking a slot to help make that decision you'll have to live with for quite a while?

In the absence of seeing samples / actual vehicles (not limited to Taycans) in the colour options you have in mind then this post but it might help and this one.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
If black is your thing then and budget doesn't permit the extended leather then black interior would work well (given Pano roof). If looking at two-tone, as an alternative to chalk beige, check out crayon but not sure it looks great on the plastics. Also consider optioning matching seat belt colours to main interior colour you end up choosing.

Can't the dealer show you the swatch samples of all colours (even in these restricted COVID times) - worth booking a slot to help make that decision you'll have to live with for quite a while?

In the absence of seeing samples / actual vehicles (not limited to Taycans) in the colour options you have in mind then this post but it might help and this one.
Thank you. That’s useful especially the colour swatches.
I thought about a lighter exterior colour ie crayon but I’m just unconvinced by the black exterior plastics and thought a black exterior hides it. Shame it hides the lines though

wish I could see more real life examples but hard in these times

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag
I saw in Person black/chalk beige interior yesterday.
It suits with white and black car well.
I ordered Carrera white metallic with that base black/chalk beige interior.In my opinion,it is little bit more middle Grey than brown,but,there is Grey and beige mixed.
One photo and video.

Porsche Taycan Help! my 4s build so far plus question on interior 74D1B277-8D68-428B-BAE2-877B564CD7F7

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you. That’s useful especially the colour swatches.
I thought about a lighter exterior colour ie crayon but I’m just unconvinced by the black exterior plastics and thought a black exterior hides it. Shame it hides the lines though

wish I could see more real life examples but hard in these times
Sorry, I meant black / crayon two tone for the interior - crayon for the exterior is a bad idea in my view.

OP
OP

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
Sorry, I meant black / crayon two tone for the interior - crayon for the exterior is a bad idea in my view.
That’s useful thank you. Is the video you posted the “standard interior - Two-Tone Partial Leather Interior, Black/Chalk Beige”
I live in the UK so not sure if it’s the same colour everywhere either?
It doesn’t look too brown to be honest. Looks nice.

has anyone seen a standard grey interior? I’ve specced the racetex heated steering wheel with chrono anyway so that would be black...

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag
That’s useful thank you. Is the video you posted the “standard interior - Two-Tone Partial Leather Interior, Black/Chalk Beige”
I live in the UK so not sure if it’s the same colour everywhere either?
It doesn’t look too brown to be honest. Looks nice.

has anyone seen a standard grey interior? I’ve specced the racetex heated steering wheel with chrono anyway so that would be black...
I shared the video And photo.Both are standard Black/Chalk beige interior.(Code:UA).