02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've been noticing an issue with my Taycan when I'm traveling on the highway between about 60-80 MPH where there will be an odd kind of ringing or high pitch resonance noise coming from the front left tire area. It seems like it's not always consistent depending on road surfaces. My gut tells me that it's something caused by wind noise or tire noise but it's odd that it only comes from the left front.

It doesn't seem like there are any unusual vibrations or alignment issues. Sometimes when road surfaces change it will go away but then sometimes it will return while still on the same road surface. It is usually able to be heard in this speed range but sometimes not. I'm worried if I have my dealer check it out they will claim they can't reproduce it but it is starting to get me worried since it seems to be getting slightly louder over time. It doesn't go away or change when I hit the brakes or change speeds usually either, although it will go away as I slow down below freeway speeds. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I have MIssion E wheels and Pirelli tires.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Air leaking at window seals?

gronkjaer

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
i have exactly the same noise around 75-90 mph. :-( no fix yet..

OP
OP
02bluesuperroo

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Wow, I'm disappointed in myself that I never updated this thread.

I took it to the dealer and the head tech did a ride along. He immediately identified it as a bad wheel bearing. He said they had a few of them already. They put a scope on it to confirm, replaced the wheel bearing and it has been perfect ever since.

gronkjaer

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
still my dealer says they can't hear anything. but I can clearly hear the ringing sound from 70-100 mph. on slow driving nothing.

OP
OP
02bluesuperroo

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
still my dealer says they can't hear anything. but I can clearly hear the ringing sound from 70-100 mph. on slow driving nothing.
A couple suggestions. Ask them to send the head tech on a ride along with you so your can recreate it.

Second, ask them to put a scope on the wheel bearing where you hear it coming from to see if it sounds right.

gronkjaer

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A couple suggestions. Ask them to send the head tech on a ride along with you so your can recreate it.

Second, ask them to put a scope on the wheel bearing where you hear it coming from to see if it sounds right.
Head of tech in Denmark took a ride with me, and he could hear it. So far so good. i asked him if it could be a wheel bearing, but he said no chance, so he wouldn’t even bother with the scope. anyway he said he would contact Porsche in Germany, but still i haven’t heard anything. The noise is still there.

Last edited:

OP
OP
02bluesuperroo

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Head of tech in Denmark took a ride with me, and he could hear it. So far so good. i asked him if it could be a wheel bearing, but he said no chance, so he wouldn’t even bother with the scope. anyway he said he would contact Porsche in Germany, but still nothing has happend. The noise is still there, further more they said that they couldn’t garantie to fix it. im just so disapointed with Porsche and the lack of service!
I can tell you it didn't sound anything like a bad wheel bearing. It was like a high pitch ringing sound, almost like you might hear when your brake wear indicator is rubbing. Usually a wheel bearing is more of a growling/grinding noise but this wasn't due to your typical wear scenario. Something went wrong at the factory. BTW, it was a 2022 MY built around October 2021 with 3500 miles on it at the time.

gronkjaer

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is finally solved. I ask the dealer to order the bearing and made the deal that if it wasn’t that i paid for it myself. But hey, of course that was the problem, and finally i can start enjoying my car after 6-8 months back and forth with the dealer.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Interesting- I’ve noticed a high pitched noise when accelerating from standstill or crawl, but it goes at about 20mph

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Quiet car relatively speaking to it’s ICEV brethren - perhaps a different pitch / noise of wheel bearing failure or Porsche are using some funky new bearing design that’s prone to fail and has a weird squeal…

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
It is finally solved. I ask the dealer to order the bearing and made the deal that if it wasn’t that i paid for it myself. But hey, of course that was the problem, and finally i can start enjoying my car after 6-8 months back and forth with the dealer.
I see you are from Denmark. Which dealer, Aarhus?

Mine has the same issue. A resonance noise at a certain speed. Took it in last week and the could not really hear anything but checked the front wheel balance - No issues. But it sounds like I need to take it in again.

Is this something that you have experienced getting worse over time?
Sponsored