Professor

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan . 2017 Rolls Royce Dawn
Country flag
I just learned something new after almost a year with my Taycan. I must be slow. I’ve found that since it’s so quiet that I don’t always keep the brake adequately applied when stopped. This causes it to creep forward and on several occasions I almost rear ended another vehicle. The last time this happened I pressed even harder on the brake pedal and a light came on “HOLD” in the center display. What happens is that the brakes now set. You only need to tap the brake pedal or begin acceleration to disengage.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I just learned something new after almost a year with my Taycan. I must be slow. I’ve found that since it’s so quiet that I don’t always keep the brake adequately applied when stopped. This causes it to creep forward and on several occasions I almost rear ended another vehicle. The last time this happened I pressed even harder on the brake pedal and a light came on “HOLD” in the center display. What happens is that the brakes now set. You only need to tap the brake pedal or begin acceleration to disengage.
Ha ha - yes a feature of Porsche's for years now but best implementation yet on the Taycan. Note that the brake light also is lit when HOLD is active.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
And did you know that there is an accelerometer in the car that detects an incline/decline and applies the “Hold” automatically If you stop on a hill?

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
The good to know app is fantastic.
Don't know why it's not being supplied to new customers nowadays...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
And did you know that there is an accelerometer in the car that detects if you’re on a hill and applies the “Hold” automatically If you stop on hill?
Yep and it can be a real PITA - I hate that it kicks in when going into my garage which has a tiny incline and there is no way I know to prevent it. Other than that it is useful (when it kicks in at the right time).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The good to know app is fantastic.
Don't know why it's not being supplied to new customers nowadays...
Driver's / Owner's Manual is pretty much the same thing - assuming you got one! I had to fight and wait 4 months to get a hard copy.

PGTK App is pretty decent - not perfect, not 100% up to date but covers most things.
Sponsored