sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
So here's my dilemma. Hooked up my homelink and it works fine, but how do I get around this issue - when I'm in my garage the homelink button pops up and I can click it to open my garage door. Then when I put it in reverse the back up camera takes up all of the screen. So I have to back out, manually close the camera window to access the homelink button, then I have no back up camera for the rest of my reverse? Unless I wanted to manually bring it back up again. Even if I back all the way out to the street I still have to manually close the camera window to access the homelink window/button. Please tell me I'm doing this wrong??
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I assigned my Homelink to my diamond button on my dashboard. It avoids exactly the problem that you are experiencing. I know of no other solution.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
You can program one of two "shortcut" buttons to operate your Homelink. Either the diamond shaped button on the right side of the instrument cluster that @KensingtonPark references above or the other diamond button on the left side of the steering wheel.

OP
OP
sboggsisu

sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
I assigned my Homelink to my diamond button on my dashboard. It avoids exactly the problem that you are experiencing. I know of no other solution.
Ah yes - good solution and I'll do that. Thanks. Still frustrating they don't have some other, more seamless, way to make it work. Perhaps in a future software update they will address that.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
So here's my dilemma. Hooked up my homelink and it works fine, but how do I get around this issue - when I'm in my garage the homelink button pops up and I can click it to open my garage door. Then when I put it in reverse the back up camera takes up all of the screen. So I have to back out, manually close the camera window to access the homelink button, then I have no back up camera for the rest of my reverse? Unless I wanted to manually bring it back up again. Even if I back all the way out to the street I still have to manually close the camera window to access the homelink window/button. Please tell me I'm doing this wrong??
So once you put the car into D, it does not close the camera window to access the homelink window?

OP
OP
sboggsisu

sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
So once you put the car into D, it does not close the camera window to access the homelink window?
No - not until you start driving and you've hit a certain speed (I think it might be 10mph??). Which by that point my vehicle is 2 houses down from mine and out of range.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I have the same problem. I deleted the location from Homelink so the window no longer pops up and instead use the dashboard diamond button. It’s a very dumb implementation. Any amount of real life usability testing would have revealed the problem.

afel

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same issue here. I would hope Porsche would do the Tesla-type solution and send out an over the air update. I am certain they could move the garage door to the right side of the screen AND only show the location it knows you are at!

OP
OP
sboggsisu

sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
Ok so just to be clear you have to delete the location first and then assign the diamond button? Because I assigned the button and it did nothing. Didn’t close the door or bring up the window.

OP
OP
sboggsisu

sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
Same issue here. I would hope Porsche would do the Tesla-type solution and send out an over the air update. I am certain they could move the garage door to the right side of the screen AND only show the location it knows you are at!
Or they could do what Tesla does and just have it sense location and open and close automatically. You’d still want the button visible to override it when needed but after 4.5 years of my Tesla doing that automatically this Taycan process is a bit ridiculous.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you have two garage doors assigned then there is no way to program the diamond button to open one of them. The diamond button will only bring up the homelink pop-up on the screen and as you said if you use the camera then you cannot even see the homelink. Very bad user interface, clearly designed by people who have never used the car in real life.
There was another thread proposing a solution by adding the homelink shortcuts on the lower screen like the e-Tron and I think the forum member send a letter to Porsche, but I doubt if this will ever been improved in this generation.

p.s. no next/previous track button is another example of something needed all the time but the user interface is very bad. I have to switch from Nav to Media screen just to skip track. I know I can program a diamond button for Next track but I already have other usages for the only two diamond buttons.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
If you have two garage doors assigned then there is no way to program the diamond button to open one of them. The diamond button will only bring up the homelink pop-up on the screen and as you said if you use the camera then you cannot even see the homelink. Very bad user interface, clearly designed by people who have never used the car in real life.
There was another thread proposing a solution by adding the homelink shortcuts on the lower screen like the e-Tron and I think the forum member send a letter to Porsche, but I doubt if this will ever been improved in this generation.

p.s. no next/previous track button is another example of something needed all the time but the user interface is very bad. I have to switch from Nav to Media screen just to skip track. I know I can program a diamond button for Next track but I already have other usages for the only two diamond buttons.
You can use a voice command to skip. It’s also a ridiculous solution, but here we are.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can use a voice command to skip. It’s also a ridiculous solution, but here we are.
I have tried that. Often times the voice prompt takes 30+sec so it is by far the worst option at least for my car. I was able to reproduce in front of the salesperson, where we pushed the voice command button and the PCM was handing doing nothing for a while... Add it to the list of software glitches that happen intermittently and the dealer has no clue how to fix.
Sponsored