How do I know if a Taycan has had software updates

Whiteknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am looking at a used 2021 Taycan Cross Turismo. How do I know if it has the software update (uPdate)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
you take it to the dealer and ask them to install the latest update…should only take week or so…

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have a 2022 and just got my update, all the icons on the display are now in color. Which is one way of telling. I have had an issue though and wonder if anyone else who has had the update lost all their safety systems. My car is back in the shop, to resolve this issue.

OP
OP

Whiteknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great point on the color icons. thank you! Has the update fixed the alarm going off for no reason?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a report - PCSS vehicle information - from the dealer that is a very extensive list of all the hardware components/options on my Taycan's VIN. (It even listed serial numbers of individual battery modules.) There are some components/options that are not easily detectable/observed by an owner.

Colored icons may not ensure the car has all of the required software updates. You should have a dealer check the car and compare to what campaigns its VIN should have.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am looking at a used 2021 Taycan Cross Turismo. How do I know if it has the software update (uPdate)?
If the Taycan has color icons and software version is approximately 3790, it's uPdated.

My 2022 RWD was built in April and came with colored icons. The software version before I got the uPdate was number 3776.

My uPdate was completed yesterday (dropped off Monday morning and picked up Wednesday afternoon), and now I have software version number 3793.

Tap the
Settings icon (with the gear) on the PCM screen.
Then tap
System.
Then tap
Software information.
Then tap
Version information.
Porsche Taycan How do I know if a Taycan has had software updates 1664476763316
Sponsored