First Name
Flygirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi a7
Country flag
Hello all,

We are about to place an order for a 2025 Cross Turismo.

The build code is - PS7LC4A5

Small background as we know, the spec if overkill however, we ar planning to keep the car for a while and so specing the car to what we really want, which is worth the money over the years of ownership. Also, due to purchasing in a company, we actually benefit if the car depreciates aggressively, so we are not fussed about that either, given our long-term plan with the car.

A question we do have is about the ability to negotiate for a discount (always worth asking). I did see another member post, but I am interested in the UK and whether there have been any changes in the market since then.

But before we proceed, given that I have been lurking around this forum for years, I thought it worth asking your opinions and any tips you might have on the spec and glaring omissions.

I appreciate all your guys' help and days of interesting reads on the forum, and I look forward to contributing more in the future.

All the best,
Jonathan
looks great
Sponsored

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
We have to worry about the Active Ride and its long-term benefits vs potential issues, as well as the repair expenses. The thought is putting us off getting it. What are people's thoughts on it? I know it is new, so no one truly knows how it will fair in the long run.
Spec it and buy an extended warranty when the original warranty expires. Many other standard parts on Gen2 are new so will also fall into similar a risk category. If worried about reliability buy a Gen1 with new a heater, new battery and hope for the best :CWL:

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Hello all,

Small background as we know, the spec if overkill however, we ar planning to keep the car for a while and so specing the car to what we really want, which is worth the money over the years of ownership. Also, due to purchasing in a company, we actually benefit if the car depreciates aggressively, so we are not fussed about that either, given our long-term plan with the car.

A question we do have is about the ability to negotiate for a discount (always worth asking). I did see another member post, but I am interested in the UK and whether there have been any changes in the market since then.

But before we proceed, given that I have been lurking around this forum for years, I thought it worth asking your opinions and any tips you might have on the spec and glaring omissions.

I appreciate all your guys' help and days of interesting reads on the forum, and I look forward to contributing more in the future.

All the best,
Jonathan
huge spec and looks great, don't think you've omitted anything never mind missing anything.

Personally I'd take the Turbo performance at this total price level but we all have different priorities.

you'll love it

here is my spec, currently have a CT 4S so looking forward to the power step up

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSYZP863

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello all,

All the best,
Jonathan
My honest opinion (please don’t be offended) is that this is a ludicrous spec for what is a £100K car and don't expect a discount on the new model.

Drop some of the options and go for a Turbo.

Club olea leather is not worth the premium over extended leather unless you must have that colour option. Seat belt colour should match the lighter colour if possible. I've always matched seatbelt colours to the seats for many years and no problem with light colours. So choose Atacama Beige rather than chalk beige

Passenger Display- pointless 99% of the time.

Burmester over Bose - pointless given the environment (road noise etc) - unless you have it and enjoy in other vehicles you own.

Massage / vented seats for UK - pointless.

Drop the interior branding and leave the crests - you will already know that you own a Porsche!

Excellent colour choice!

Electric folding mirrors are standard so don't sweat that one.

HUD - distracting, superfluous and spoils the instrument binnacle design.

Active ride is getting mixed reviews and so ideal if you can test drive with / without.

ST over CT unless you like plastic cladding and feel you'll benefit from 20mm additional height.

USB-C cable £26 - nuts!

4 zone climate pointless in this size of cabin. Will use more energy in winter which will have a negative impact on range especially when range will already be lower due to the colder ambient.

Charging? Not sure that an EVSE comes standard these days but you'll need one. Consider also 22kW AC onboard upgrade if you have access to a 3 ,phase supply at home / work and commensurate EVSE.

You did ask...enjoy whatever you decide..you pay your money and make your choice!

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Haven’t actually seen ANY reviews, seems like nobody’s press car really had it or if so, that they had anything other than pre-written verbage to include. I would like to see some actual comparison reviews, preferably driving the same bad road on both.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interested in mixed reviews about Active Ride ? Any link ?
Google the system on the new Panamera and you should find various reviews.

Active ride is clever, smooth but can feel unnatural raising the car when you expect the opposite. In one review the reviewer said he would not option it after trying it.

chun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020, Cayman GT4
Country flag
Google the system on the new Panamera and you should find various reviews.

Active ride is clever, smooth but can feel unnatural raising the car when you expect the opposite. In one review the reviewer said he would not option it after trying it.
But when showcasing it on the taycan, the engineer chief said that they have heard the feedback and have tuned it better on the taycan.

So I would definitely not making any suggestions based on a different car.

Try it on the taycan if you can, in a test drive. They should already have showroom cars with it.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Interested in mixed reviews about Active Ride ? Any link ?
I’ve also been trying to find real world reviews but seems to be a distinct lack of them. The initial journalist reviews were positive apart from the ’active leaning’ feature but this can be turned off.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
But when showcasing it on the taycan, the engineer chief said that they have heard the feedback and have tuned it better on the taycan.

So I would definitely not making any suggestions based on a different car.

Try it on the taycan if you can, in a test drive. They should already have showroom cars with it.
That's why I'm not recommending one way or the other!

Same system, same behaviour and almost the same size of car so a reasonable comparison until it is possible to test drive. A lot of demo cars in UK don't have the option so it could be tricky to track one down.

The acid test is on real roads and not test tracks with launch cars...

OP
OP
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mercedes SL
Country flag
My honest opinion (please don’t be offended) is that this is a ludicrous spec for what is a £100K car and don't expect a discount on the new model.

Drop some of the options and go for a Turbo. Why would you recommend this? We have a Tesla 90D that we already think is powerful enough, and this has the same 0-60 apart of speed (I will never use it). In my humble opinion, I don't get the benefit on UK roads.

Club olea leather is not worth the premium over extended leather unless you must have that colour option. Seat belt colour should match the lighter colour if possible. I've always matched seatbelt colours to the seats for many years and no problem with light colours. So choose Atacama Beige rather than chalk beige A fair point we do prefer the placement of the leather in the bottom door card but has given us something to think about

Passenger Display- pointless 99% of the time. It's for the looks, and that's it. I get while driving you can't see it any more, so that, however, is a fair point. Not 100% sure how it works. Can the driver never see it or only not see it when driving? Again very valid

Burmester over Bose - pointless given the environment (road noise etc) - unless you have it and enjoy in other vehicles you own. It was highly recommended by a friend with Panamera, and it looks cooler. The config doesn't show it, but they are a bronze colour, which we really like.

Massage / vented seats for UK - pointless. Massage was highly recommended by my close friend again. He has them in his Panamera ventilated seats were recommended by another UK member above, interested to know your experience. Looking as its a long term car the way global warming going looks to us like a long term bet

Drop the interior branding and leave the crests - you will already know that you own a Porsche! Personal preference but fair not the only one who thinks that

Excellent colour choice! Thanks saw it in person and loved it

Electric folding mirrors are standard so don't sweat that one.

HUD - distracting, superfluous and spoils the instrument binnacle design. Again vaild do you have it in your car, just when we test drove one it seemed cool but I get over the long term may get annoying

Active ride is getting mixed reviews and so ideal if you can test drive with / without. Starting to look like we need to see it in the flesh. Agree a bit of a mixed bag.

ST over CT unless you like plastic cladding and feel you'll benefit from 20mm additional height. With age, the additional height will make it easier to get in and out of. Most of the reason for getting active ride

USB-C cable £26 - nuts! Did that to change the code so it wasn't linked to my Porsche account bit paranoid nut sure how much dealers can find out

4 zone climate pointless in this size of cabin. Will use more energy in winter which will have a negative impact on range especially when range will already be lower due to the colder ambient. Yea again astetics the screen in the back looks much nicer and the 4 zone was just a benifit. How does it take more energy surely if it is more split it can be more efficient only hearing the front?

Charging? Not sure that an EVSE comes standard these days but you'll need one. Consider also 22kW AC onboard upgrade if you have access to a 3 ,phase supply at home / work and commensurate EVSE.

You did ask...enjoy whatever you decide..you pay your money and make your choice! I appreciate you taking out the time not offended some really good points thanks

OP
OP
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spec it and buy an extended warranty when the original warranty expires. Many other standard parts on Gen2 are new so will also fall into similar a risk category. If worried about reliability buy a Gen1 with new a heater, new battery and hope for the best :CWL:
You make a fair point. Do you know the maximum warranty you can get? Is it 8 years or is that just for the battery?

OP
OP
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
huge spec and looks great, don't think you've omitted anything never mind missing anything.

Personally I'd take the Turbo performance at this total price level but we all have different priorities.

you'll love it

here is my spec, currently have a CT 4S so looking forward to the power step up

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSYZP863
It looks amazing. Yeah. Speed is very low on our needs, active ride is more for comfort than track use. But your spec is stealth I like it

OP
OP
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Haven’t actually seen ANY reviews, seems like nobody’s press car really had it or if so, that they had anything other than pre-written verbage to include. I would like to see some actual comparison reviews, preferably driving the same bad road on both.
None of the taycan I can find but there are a few of the Panamera which is where im also getting my info people seem to like it generaly but the price but more importantly problems if it goes wrong is the risk

This Vid is interesting but a bit tecky

OP
OP
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's why I'm not recommending one way or the other!

Same system, same behaviour and almost the same size of car so a reasonable comparison until it is possible to test drive. A lot of demo cars in UK don't have the option so it could be tricky to track one down.

The acid test is on real roads and not test tracks with launch cars...
Its true as far as Im aware no UK car has it which is a bit baffling
Sponsored