Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Anyone changed their tires as yet? I am hoping for Michelin options for our cars soon (N category). At the moment it seems only Pirelli Pzeros and Continental Procontact RX are available for TTS. Has anyone tried the Pzeros and have any recommendations vs Procontact?
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Anyone changed their tires as yet? I am hoping for Michelin options for our cars soon (N category). At the moment it seems only Pirelli Pzeros and Continental Procontact RX are available for TTS. Has anyone tried the Pzeros and have any recommendations vs Procontact?
My Pirelli tyres are on 14K km and still fine.
According to the indicator I suspect a change at the rear at 18-20K... that's actually very good according to my driving style. ?
Fronts look ok, probably change around 20-25K

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone changed their tires as yet?
I had to change my Continental ProContacts at 18,600 miles. The belt was even showing through the inside of one of the front tires. Rears we’re almost to the wear bars.
I asked for a 4-wheel-alignment. The dealer called me later and said the bumpers had to be removed to perform an alignment so it would cost $2k. We decided I could go through a few tires for an amount less than $2k and skipped the alignment. Stuck with the ProContacts for now.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I am at 6k miles and the tires appears to be ready to be replaced at around 10k miles

• Wow
Reactions: B61

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Conti oem all season, 20 inches
My Conti OEM all seasons have 3.5K on them and are showing a decent amount of wear. I would guess I will to maybe 7K on them.

Surprisingly my snow tires, Pirelli P Zero Snows , seem to be doing better. I already have more than 5K miles on them. I bet I get at least 10K of winter driving out of them plus a little summer driving. (When my winter tires have borderline tread depth for the winter, I often will squeeze a few more miles out of them during the summer.)

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
4500 miles / 7200km and tires are at 6.5mm on Michelin Pilot Sport 4.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I asked for a 4-wheel-alignment. The dealer called me later and said the bumpers had to be removed to perform an alignment so it would cost $2k.
Porsche Taycan How long are the tires lasting? 7742AF70-C80A-4BCB-94A5-53479C2CBE2D

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
20" PS4 are just under 9/32" at 3500 miles. Factory depth is 9.5/32". I'd say they have a long way to go.

OP
OP

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thank you all for the feedback, I guess anywhere between 10-18K would be a good range for rear tire replacement. I am at 7500 and more than half way through. Disappointed to hear bumpers have to come off for alignment. Even so, bumper coming off shouldn't cost a huge amount, it was a come practice on 911s for pretty much doing any work.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
OMG, I see all-seasons on a Taycan...
It's a moderate summer tire and a moderate winter tire at the same time
Actually, it's the worst of both tires combined...
I really don't want that on my car, especially not on a heavy sportscar like the Taycan.
My goodness...??‍♂

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
As Mario once said.....................“If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.” They are just tires.................use 'em up and buy some more. Your car is meant to be driven and driven hard. Take advantage of the fun factor and don't worry about how long the tires will last. Porsche............its like having your own portable amusement park!

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
OMG, I see all-seasons on a Taycan...
It's a moderate summer tire and a moderate winter tire at the same time
Actually, it's the worst of both tires combined...
I really don't want that on my car, especially not on a heavy sportscar like the Taycan.
My goodness...??‍♂
I hear you but where I live, it can snow any time of year. I used to get standed when I had summer tires on other cars and we got a surprise snow storm. It is the price of living in the mountains. I drive snow tires about eight months of the year as it is.
Sponsored