NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
Once in a while, she wakes up and I get it that she's on having a bad day....the symptoms all show up:
- Park assist will be not functional with the top view car icon being greyed out
- Apple Music will not launch (not CarPlay but native)
- Nav favourites are all gone, sometimes locations is wrong

Yes powering down the car and fire it back often resolves the problem but it is not easy while you drive. So then The double-finger upper right corner reboot of the PCM solves all this....

It is definitively a recurrent problem,; probably software related but how often do you do it?
At least once a week for myself.....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Once.

Regularly parked overnight underground -2 levels, no cell coverage, no issues other than PVTS tracker temporarily unavailable (would activate once at street level so no biggy).

Mike V

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
918, Taycan GTS ST, Tesla Model S P100D
Country flag
Once in a while, she wakes up and I get it that she's on having a bad day....the symptoms all show up:
- Park assist will be not functional with the top view car icon being greyed out
- Apple Music will not launch (not CarPlay but native)
- Nav favourites are all gone, sometimes locations is wrong

Yes powering down the car and fire it back often resolves the problem but it is not easy while you drive. So then The double-finger upper right corner reboot of the PCM solves all this....

It is definitively a recurrent problem,; probably software related but how often do you do it?
At least once a week for myself.....
I have re-booted my 2020 Taycan Turbo countless times to try to recover from missing Porsche-Connect-tied services without having to waste 15 minutes to lock, walk away, then try again. Not exactly convenient while trying to keep on schedule in my daily driving. Some things got better after the WMA5 update, some things are new since then.

I have experienced:

1) No LTE connection at all - affects lots of stuff NAV, WX, Internet Radio, Theft tracking, yada yada
2) No Apple Music or Podcasts with LTE active on PCM display
3) No PCM display at all (black)
4) No park assist or 4-camera surround display

The loss of LTE sometimes "fixes itself" after 10 minutes of driving, or so.

I suspect (complete wild guess) that there is some very weird authentication or low-priority-access issues with Verizon (internal SIM-card LTE vendor in USA) that Porsche agreed to in order to get a good price for the zero-cost-to-customer wireless service. Or, there is a bizarre hardware problem in my car not common to others. If so, it hides itself very cleverly.

Then, some non-telematic things happen that are mysteriously "fixed" by the 15-minute treatment:

1) "LCA not available - Sensor obstructed, Clean rear bumper" (rain is an obstruction source???)
2) "Warn and Brake Assist error - Service necessary" (rain shouldn't cause this?)
3) "Intersection Assist not available - Sensor obstructed, Clean front bumper" (again rain caused?)
On the next trip, all was well again, it was still raining the same. Who knows? It hasn't come back.

The strangest one yet was 5, or so, minutes after beginning my morning commute, during which I received an over-the-air update or two, the car began feeling very strange. It was as if the shock absorbers adjusted to beyond full stiff, the suspension felt like it was very high and tight, then the car started to porpoise over minor pavement features. I had to slow way down until I adjusted to the way it was driving. There were two warning messages on the central display.

Both said, "Chassis error. - Visit workshop, Continued driving possible with adjustment."

One warning had an icon that looked like a shock absorber, the other's icon looked like a car that tilted over to the left on a pavement under an arrow symbol indicating a rolling motion.

I called my Porsche dealer and made an appointment to have it checked out, it was a condition I couldn't just live with. As soon as I returned to the Taycan to travel to the dealer, of course the car had "fixed itself". I called the service manager to report the miracle cure and he said to bring it in anyway because there may be some codes stored away that might indicate the problem.

As soon as I arrived at the dealer, they were aware of the problem because they had already called the Porsche Tech Center and found that the problem was caused by a very recent, faulty OTA update that caused "data bus contention" in the Taycan innards. And, Porsche had already sent an OTA roll-back to correct the issue. I guess it was my bad luck to get the faulty update before my morning commute without benefit of the roll-back update.

I'll stop now because I have to get some work done. TTFN.
Sponsored

Last edited: