Broken Heater. How Long Do You Wait?

Taycanfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Porsches
Country flag
Heater module failed on a day when it was minus 15 degrees. Porsche doesn't have a replacement and has no time frame when the part will be available. I've never had a situation where a part could take weeks or months. I've got 3 months of cold winter still to come. What do owners do in this situation? Just accept it?
Sponsored

KarlFreund

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cambrian-ai.com
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Porsche has really screwed this up. My heater went out on my Taycan CT, and it took three weeks to get a part. Its been near zero here in Colorado! Based on all the Forum posts, this is a common problem and Porsche doesn't appear to have ramped up production nor issued a recall. Great car, but I am not impressed with Porsche service, especially after the bike rack fiasco. (don't even get me started on that! ;-)

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Keeping calling porsche (1-800-porsche) and demand a rental or loaner. I understand supply chain issues are limiting parts availability but it's not reasonable to expect drivers to keep
Using the car in the kind of winter conditions you have.

vegasmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Keeping calling porsche (1-800-porsche) and demand a rental or loaner. I understand supply chain issues are limiting parts availability but it's not reasonable to expect drivers to keep
Using the car in the kind of winter conditions you have.
I’ve been trying to get this done with them for two weeks but they aren’t budging on doing either of those. Granted I’m not in the Midwest - but it still is in the 20s-30s here at night.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I must have been incredibly lucky, since for me it was actually very quick.

I called Porsche in the morning while driving to work and got my car back two days later after having the heater replaced.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
My car was three weeks to day! Once the heater came in I had the car the next day. They gave me a 22 Macan, very nice car to use while I was waiting for mine.

Good luck everyone.

stetaycan70

First Name
Stefano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I was lucky, one week and it was ok.
Also I had a Cayenne Hybrid as courtesy car.
Good luck

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche has really screwed this up. My heater went out on my Taycan CT, and it took three weeks to get a part. Its been near zero here in Colorado! Based on all the Forum posts, this is a common problem and Porsche doesn't appear to have ramped up production nor issued a recall. Great car, but I am not impressed with Porsche service, especially after the bike rack fiasco. (don't even get me started on that! ;-)
This is so weird because just today I noticed that my heater isn't working either. I'm taking the car in on the 15th for its first scheduled 20K service. I'll drop by tomorrow to get a head start on what looks to be a long wait. This is a total bummer!

RobQ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 911, Tycan CT
Country flag
I was in Austria (wintersport) when the heather broke down, called Porsche Netherlands and it would take 4 weeks (in winter, that is not great), just took a gamble and also called Porsche Zell am See (was 30 minutes drive from my place in Austria). It was installed 2 days later :)

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Part ordered January 12. Car finished yesterday.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Bumping an old thread.

Now is a good time to check your heater is working before Autumn/fall arrives.

I think Porsche dealers might get inundated (the same as central heating engineers do) when the weather turns colder.

It certainly happened last Autumn, with lots of members suddenly finding their heater failed, but no idea how long it had been like that. And then a long wait for replacement at the dealer.
Sponsored