How to replace wheel centers?

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Welcome to the family. Another tip from veterans: if you have a deployable spoiler, NEVER manually deploy it, and really don’t park with it deployed. It is a vain and silly flex that’s not even a flex. I’m always tempted to leave a note saying “sorry your spoiler is broken, the local Porsche dealer can fix that for you.”
OK, another question for the veterans: I have the monochrome shields vs the colored shields on the center caps and really like the look on my black car -- so much so that I now want to replace the shield on the hood with a monochrome shield. Is this cool with the veterans or should I maintain the purity/integrity of the OEM hood emblem? (Note: if I replace the OEM shield, I will likely have the OEM shield made into a belt buckle; I will for sure point the tip at my "valve-stem" for some extra horsepower down there!)
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
wtf is that tiny porsche crest on the valve stem, a crest for ants??
It is a horsepower magnifier. By adding weight in the form of the crest toward the outer edge of the wheel, you increase centrifugal force in a way that exponentially magnifies wheel rotation and thus the impact of HP. ;)

For this same reason, the 911 also has the horsepower magnifier crest, although it is silver.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, another question for the veterans: I have the monochrome shields vs the colored shields on the center caps and really like the look on my black car -- so much so that I now want to replace the shield on the hood with a monochrome shield. Is this cool with the veterans or should I maintain the purity/integrity of the OEM hood emblem? (Note: if I replace the OEM shield, I will likely have the OEM shield made into a belt buckle; I will for sure point the tip at my "valve-stem" for some extra horsepower down there!)
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/anyone-customized-modify-porsche-hood-crest.5929/

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Thanks for the link. My question really relates to whether changing the hood emblem to a bastardized emblem (such as the black and silver emblem in the link) is viewed as gauche by Porsche veterans. Don't want to make a rookie mistake!
You should care deeply about the opinions of sanctimonious elders. it is important to the future of your soul!

OP
OP
jnat

jnat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ‘21
Country flag
Ended up using my pocket knife to carefully pry out the old centers. They come out very easily -- not a scratch on them or the wheels. Attaching before and after pics (silver -> black).

Porsche Taycan How to replace wheel centers? Before

Porsche Taycan How to replace wheel centers? After

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Good advice. Thankfully, we have a Panamera driving neighbor who constantly leaves the spoiler deployed (as she drives through the hood at 20 mph). My son and I have been laughing at the lady's spoiler flexation fixation for years and would never consider manually flexing our spoiler muscle! I will however now have to ask Ms. Panamera when her spoiler broke, and why she has not had it fixed. If she reacts nicely, I'll throw in some friendly advice on shield-tip alignment. ;)
LOL. I have a Panamera too. It has a deployable spoiler but I never manually engage it for this very reason. It screams “trying too hard” 🙂

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
LOL. I have a Panamera too. It has a deployable spoiler but I never manually engage it for this very reason. It screams “trying too hard” 🙂
I was wondering about that. Yesterday I saw an ehybrid Panamera with the spoiler fully deployed while we were driving around on local streets. Now I know he just deployed it manually.
Sponsored